Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 09:52 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Sausage Cheese Muffins

I am forever looking for new breakfast ideas. I tried these muffins this morning and they are great. A good idea for those of us on the run! I froze the rest of the batch. I didn't have any sage, so mine were without and they were still good!

Sausage Cheese Muffins

1 pound turkey sausage
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
1/2 cup skim milk
3 teaspoons sage (I actually used about 1 when I made this)
3 cups low fat biscuit baking mix

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until it is no longer pink; drain and rinse lightly with hot water to remove excess fat. In a bowl, combine soup, milk, sage, and sausage. Stir in the biscuit mix just until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until muffins are done. Serve warm.

Per Serving: 96 Cal (35% from Fat, 21% from Protein, 44% from Carb); 5 g Protein; 4 g Tot Fat; 1 g Sat Fat; 2 g Mono Fat; 1 g Poly Fat; 10 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 282 mg Sodium; 10 mg Cholesterol
Servings: 24
Old 03-31-2003, 11:09 AM   #2  

Sounds yummy, Sandi. I look forward to trying this recipe. I've got another one for you that is very, very easy.

1 tube cresent rolls (I usually use the low fat ones)
1 pound turkey sausage

Unroll cresent rolls, and press into rectangle, sealing perforated lines. Spread turkey sausage over cresent roll rectangle. Roll up like a log, cut into 12 sections. Place on ungreased baking sheet and cook 10-15 minutes at 350* or until sausage is browned and rolls are golden.
Old 03-31-2003, 01:18 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

How does that figure out? Calories??
Old 03-31-2003, 05:01 PM   #4  

OK, I've never figured out the calories (I guess I'm scared to, because it does taste yummy) You are going to make me work for this aren't you ! I'll have to wait until next time I make it because I don't have any of the goodies here to figure it out. Sorry. I don't think that it is that bad, I think that the key is in the reduced fat crescent rolls. And it makes 12 servings.
Closed Thread