Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 08:50 PM   #1  

Question Avoiding a tummy tuck.....

Can any of you tell me if after losing a signifigant amount of weight, you were able to tone up your stomach? I have a couple of friends who are about 40 lbs overweight that are talking about tummy tucks in their future. I am over 100 lbs overweight and don't want to ( and won't) have that done. Is it possible to be as overweight as I am and after losing the weight, get toned in that area?

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2003, 04:53 AM   #2  
Searching

The last time I lost weight I had a significant amount of loose skin around my belly and it felt really gross. But the longer I was thin the more lotion I used on it the tighter it got. No I was neve going to be flat and perfect but I don't believe in surgery and I certainly don't believe in perfection. If I was perfect where would be my bar to want more. Cross those bridges when you get there chicky.

Miss Chris
Old 03-06-2003, 09:08 AM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Well I for one can't wait to get my tummy tuck and boobie lift!!!! After weighing 320, there is no way that I can get to my ideal weight without some extra skin hanging around!!! I will wait a couple of years at my ideal weight at let nature do it's best and then it's off to the surgeon!! I'm sorry, but after all that work I want to be a hottie!!!! I'm 35 now, I figure that'll be my 40th birthday presant to myself!!!
Old 03-06-2003, 09:20 AM   #4  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I've never really put that much thought to it. The day after Sara was born I did notice that I had these rolls that hanged... and my stomach had some small indents..
Is there any thing I can do now.. AS I'm losing? instead of waiting.
Surgery scares me! - but I will have to see what I look like. But if I get it done - I might want to do my arms too!

This is a long way away - never know where technology will take us when I reach goal.

Sandi - I think you have a good idea by seeing what nature can do for a few years first.

Dana
Old 03-06-2003, 09:34 AM   #5  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

I know of a couple of people who lost significant amounts of weight and didn't need to have any skin surgery at all. It is probably genetic. Also, I'm sure that if you lose weight slow and steady you won't nearly have the skin problems from drastic weight loss.

I think most plastic surgeons want you to wait at least a 6 month to a year at your ideal weight before the operation.

Its a problem that I am actually looking forward to having (because I will have lost the weight!)
Old 03-06-2003, 11:18 AM   #6  

Thanks for the replies! I can see each of your points of view. It's just been a big concern of mine. I'm hoping with working out and losing weight slow and steady, it won't be too bad.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:41 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

Here's what they've told us WLS folks.. first, the younger you are, the more likely it is that your skin will snap back. second,the more moisturizer you use, the better it is. and take your calcium to help the elasticity.

slow loss also helps, as does exercise

BUT!!! for some of us, there is absolutely no hope. i'm one of them. the surgeons are saying that i'll have about 20 pounds of excess skin, and there's no way it'll fix itself. no plastic surgeon will even talk to me until my weight has been stable for 6 months, and that's just fine with me! i'm not looking forward to the surgery, but frankly, if all goes according to plan, i will have lost more than 300 pounds, AND I DIDN'T GO THROUGH ALL THIS TO HAVE 20 POUNDS OF EXCESS SKIN!!!!
Old 03-06-2003, 11:47 PM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=22067
Old 03-07-2003, 07:14 PM   #9  

My docs told me that due to the VERY bad streach marks from having kids, my skin will never go away. It sucks, but my husband said that as a final reward I can have my tummy tucked and my boobs done , and what ever else I need done. I can't wait. I to want to be a hottie.

Bella23
Old 03-13-2003, 02:59 PM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

More info:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=17407
Closed Thread