Thinking

• Just a little something I got from TOPS last night... thought I'd share.

If you think you are beaten, you are;
    if you think you dare not, you don't
    if you like to win but thinnk you can't
    it's almost a cinch you won't

If you think you'll lose, you're lost,
    for out in the world we find
    success begins with a fellow's will
    it's all in the state of mind.

If you think you're out-classed, you are
    you've got to think high to rise;
    you've got to be sure for yourself before you can ever win a prize.

Life's battles don't always go
    to the stronger or the faster man;
    but sooner or later the man who wins
    is the man who thinks he can.

Walter D. Wintle

-----

I almost didn't go to my meeting last night, it was elections, and I THOUGHT I gained, with PMS and all, and I thought to myself, NO, I am not going out like that, if I gained, I gained... and lo and behold... even though my hands are swollen to the point of not being able to wear my rings... I lost 2 pounds but, the thinking almost got me...
  • My WW leader said it takes the most courage to come to meetings and weigh in when you think or know that you've gained weight. So I'm clapping my hands for your courage! Plus you had your own reward for going--you lost and didn't think you did!

I find that I don't want to see the numbers go up and it takes a lot of effort to make myself go when I think I've gained. But it's so worth it to get that renewed sense of commitment.
  • So true!! It's is such a battle of the mind. I remember seeing a quote once that said.

What would you try if you knew you couldn't lose.
  • it is with this in mind that i will say i gained 2 pounds this week. sickness = no exercise. 2 free days = too much food and no exercise.

i was staying away from the weigh in thread but now i will go post in it.