Old 01-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 289/277/170

Height: 5'9

Default Newbie

Hi there! I'm a 47 year old first time mom (to a beautiful 7yr old girl) and have pretty much hit rock bottom. I am finding that I have no energy running around my daughter and have decided that I need to bite the bullet b/c it's fundamental that I be around for her now...have to think of of other people depending on me now.
I haven't weighed in yet but know I need to loose at least 100lbs. I'm about 284 and haven't seen under 200 since the 80's (the last time I dieted BTW). I really want to get this under control before I hit 50 and know that it's a lifestyle change.
I am starting Medifast to give myself and my metabolism a boost. Then when I've lost most of the weight I'd like to switch to a whole food/calorie counting routine. I was a former chef and love to eat locally/seasonally. I am now an out of work elementary school teacher (well, I am substituting to stay in the classroom p/t).
I'm so glad I have found this site because I'm doing this on my own. My husband supports me but he's not pushy about it so if I need someone to get in my face about getting things done...he's not the one to do it. Looking forward to sharing my experience and hopefully, down the road, being able to help someone else who's been struggling with this beast calls weight loss!
mom2sweetT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Hi, mom2sweet T! Welcome to the forum. You'll get support here, that's for sure. And you'll see there are lots of success stories, which is encouraging. At least it was for me when I was losing. You'll find many members who have lost 100+ pounds on all sorts of plans. I know you can be successful at this. When you hit rock bottom, the only way left to go is UP! Good Luck!

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/277/170

Height: 5'9

Wow linJber, looks like you've had a major success yourself? Congratulations! I'm really looking forward to starting this journey, it's been a long time coming. Like you said, when you hit bottom, there's only one way to go!
Thanks for the welcome!
-G
mom2sweetT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #4  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

Smile welcome

I'm really new here too but I've been looking around all the threads and reading all the success stories and seeing all the encouragement everyone has to offer. I'm glad we're both here!
qtapostolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

WELCOME!

So glad you posted. You will find folks at 3fc helpful, wise, and friendly.

I have two friends who have done very well with Medifast. They like it alot. Did you know there's also a subforum here at 3fc.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/medifast-223/
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote