Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 10:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Post Graduation Countdown (Self Challenge)

I graduate high school in June and I'd like to be in the 100s by then. No specific number (that'd be way to much pressure), just a number in the 100s.

My current weight and goals are in my signature.

Today, the first day of my self challenge, I weighed in at 289.6 after breakfast. I know you're supposed to weigh yourself before eating and after using the bathroom, but I wasn't thinking straight. Morning brain fog took over, haha.

So, my current workout that I am starting day 1 of tomorrow is the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred dvd. I also have the ripped in 30 dvd, and 3 more biggest loser dvd, as well as a few more random exercise dvds. I am going to organize my dvds into a easy to hard sequence (well, 30 Day Shred isn't easy, but it is a good jumpstart dvd). If I organize them this way, I'll be less likely to run into a plateau. I will use this thread to document my challenge.

So here are my official starting stats:
sw- 289.6 lbs
gw1- 250.0 lbs
height- 5'2
bmi- 53.0
age- 17 (birthday nov. 19th)
body type/shape- unknown (I believe it to be pear though.)

Measurements:
neck-
upper arms-
lower arms-
chest-
bust-
band-
waist-
belly-
hips-
butt-
thighs-
calves-

(MEASUREMENTS WILL BE POSTED LATER THIS AFTERNOON)

Last edited by alyssarof2012; 11-15-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Good luck on this challenge. Remember that any loss and change in habits is a victory. You've set a very ambitious goal and I hope you meet it. Keep focused and come in here often for support and you'll have the best chance to meet your goal. Happy birthday, too. What a great time to get serious about improving your health.

Lin
Old 11-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #3  
back to square 1(70)

S/C/G: 176/170/150

Height: 5'5.5''

Hey, I know this is your self challenge but I just wanted to say good luck I graduate from university in June (although school ends at the end of April) and I NEEEED to be at goal by then. Keep at it!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by linJber View Post
Good luck on this challenge. Remember that any loss and change in habits is a victory. You've set a very ambitious goal and I hope you meet it. Keep focused and come in here often for support and you'll have the best chance to meet your goal. Happy birthday, too. What a great time to get serious about improving your health.

Lin
Thank you for the encouragement and the birthday wishes!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:22 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahyessophie View Post
Hey, I know this is your self challenge but I just wanted to say good luck I graduate from university in June (although school ends at the end of April) and I NEEEED to be at goal by then. Keep at it!
Thank you! I wish you the best in losing weight by graduation as well! (If I would have known that others had graduation goals I would've made this an open challenge.)
Old 11-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #6  

Well, I haven't exercised yet, but the day is still young and I will get to it. I would do it now but I just ate, so I know I would only half-*** the workout. My weight this morning was 288.4 lbs. I know you're not supposed to daily weigh, but I can't help it. I'll wean off of it eventually.

Didn't go to school today or yesterday because my son is sick. I'll probably go tomorrow because he hasn't thrown up or anything like that today. It's the first week of the marking period and I've already been missing school like crazy.... Something always comes up. I need to get to school if I want to graduate.. *sigh* School is stressful.. Life is stressful...
Old 11-26-2011, 01:08 AM   #7  

I finally mustered up the courage to go for it. I did day one of Jillian Michaels's Ripped In 30. I know I said I was gonna do the 30 day shred, but that was my mother's dvd and she asked for it back (even though she has yet to even look at it...). I took at least 4 breaks in the 20-24 minute session. Sometimes it wasn't even because I was tired, but because I didn't want my family to hear me. I should be over that by now... So 11/25/11 (yesterday) was my official day 1. Now the hard part is to stick with this dvd for the next 30 days...

Bad news... My post Thanksgiving weight is 296.2 lbs. And I have yet to edit my first post and put my measurements in. I have them written down... I will put them there tomorrow later... hopefully.. Probably after I exercise and shower.

Currently going through my email and reading all the weight loss motivation newsletters and such..

Also just updated my old sparkteens account. (Although I'm 18, I'm not ready to move to Sparkpeople quite yet..)

Well, that's my update for now. My weigh in is Dec. 2nd. Wish me luck! =]
Closed Thread