3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Working for Onederland - 299's to 200's - Part 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/244945-working-onederland-299s-200s-part-2-a.html)

Sandi 10-11-2011 09:29 PM

Working for Onederland - 299's to 200's - Part 2

Please continue to work for Onederland here... ;)

MrsTee 10-11-2011 10:44 PM

Sandi your new picture is fantastic - your face is so slim!!!!

rainbowsmiles 10-12-2011 05:10 PM

hi ladies...can i work to one-derland even if i am not into 299's yet???:o

MrsTee 10-12-2011 06:19 PM

Rainbow smiles of course you can!! Welcome.

Martini - habits of a lifetime are hard to eradicate entirely from our personalities. Food has obviously been your comfort ( mine too) for many years, and when things get really hard, we need to look after ourselves, and how do we do that? We eat.
I think, as we've said before, the big improvement for all our lives, is how aware we are of this, and our "binge" moments are few and far between.
The calories you've eaten are insignificant in the grand scheme of things, so don't beat yourself up too much, and focus on the changes we have made that enable us to stop at just one binge night! That is a massive change!!! To be able to dip down, recognise that, and pull out is brilliant!!

linJber 10-12-2011 11:40 PM

Well, Martini, I can help by praying with you / for you. You don't need advice here because you obviously have a handle on what happened and why it happened. I pray you will find a solution to an intolerable work environment soon.

Lin

rachaelm 10-13-2011 08:17 AM

Rainbow - I'm working towards onderland as well, even if I haven't made it to the 200's yet!

Hillaryspeppy 10-13-2011 08:50 AM

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. My college fall break was this past weekend through yesterday and I didn't even open up my laptop! For me that is incredible because I am always on it. But with fall break also came home cooking and unhealthy foods. However, I did well I think. I wasn't expecting to be spot on with my diet but half of the time I was at or under the calories I should have eaten. The times I went over it wasn't drastically over. I never actually worked out, but I did work. And working in an ER keeps me walking my whole shift, so i counted it as exercise. :D

martini - My mom is going through a similar situation except it is her boss who is abusing her power. I was going to suggest finding someone at work who knows the situation where you can talk to them about it, but you have already :) I will be praying for your situation as well.

rainbowsmiles 10-13-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachaelm (Post 4069260)
Rainbow - I'm working towards onderland as well, even if I haven't made it to the 200's yet!

omg...but you are soooooooooo close!!! i can't wait to celebrate this week!! you can do it!!! GO RACHAEL GO RACHAEL!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

silentarctic 10-13-2011 01:28 PM

Massive loves all around, as usual, doing okay with working out, tonight is yoga, I'm not going to lie to myself if I make it to yoga thats good, and there is no point beating myself up about not then going to do cardio strength training. I do my 3 x aerobics I think I need to stick to twice a week yoga for a while before I demand more from that. Sore today from my step+sculpt class. If my friend wants to work out I'll go with her and do some light cardio on a bike or eliptical or something but i know energy wise just getting to do 5 days a week of SOMETHING is better than the 3 days a week i have comitted right now. Extra is bonus. :)

martini hope things are getting better. :0

zinkemomx2 10-13-2011 06:10 PM

Personally I have having a very rough past week. Just general frustrations that I am letting get the better of me. I know what is happening I just need to find a better way of dealing with it than eating. It is also becoming very apparent that I need to get to bed earlier. That obviously is not helping.

Most of the frustration started shortly after school started again this year. Last year in early October my daughter got sick. What started out as a cold/sinus infection ended up turning into pneumonia. After two rounds of antibiotics, steroids, and a nebulizer we got rid of the pneumonia but the sinus infection persisted. The doctor we had been seeing tried to convince me she was still coughing for attention.

We switched docs and tried a variety of allergy medications, more steroids, and a different antibiotic. Her cough remained. We finally got a referral for an allergist who diagnosed a chronic sinus infection. He put her on nasonex/flonase and a 21 day course of yet another antibiotic. She then had an allergic reaction to that antibiotic and got put on another one. But we finally kicked the infection in January of this year. The allergist said to keep her on the flonase for the remainder of the school year.

School started this year and sure enough after the first week both kids had colds. A week later I started her back on the flonase. It is to late. The cough is back. :( I took her back to the doctor and she decided to start her back on the antibiotic that killed it last time. The insurance company refused to pay for the expensive antibiotic that worked unless she was on the cheaper one first. After fighting for 2.5 days with the pharmacy and doctor's office we agreed to try the cheaper antibiotic first. She is on day 7 of it and her cough has not yet improved at all.

So Monday morning I get to take her back to the doctor and figure out what to do next. I'm hopeful that we can get a referral back to the allergist/ENT to figure out what is going on with her so she isn't on numerous antibiotics again this fall.

So I need to remember that this is nothing life threatening or tragic and find a better way to cope.

MrsTee 10-16-2011 08:20 PM

Morning all ( all being a relative term lately..)

I am glad Martini that you are working your way through the issues that currently beset you. We all have periods in our live where we feel powerless, set upon, a bit squashed down and that life is just not FAIR!!!!
And if we can get through them with a minimum of damage to our new eating programme, the more the better! And you sound like you are doing fine in that regard! And yes also that our baseline for 'normal" has made a big shift....

Zinke hope you get the cough sorted out, its awful when your kids are sick. Take care of yourself too.

Hi everyone else!

I have had a couple of planned outings, dessert and high teas in the city, very nice! BUT wow the sugar overload! I LOVE cake, desserts, sweets etc, but I really noticed the difference in how i felt after a couple of days of dessert eating...
But it was lovely - a trip out in the evening for dessert with the family, and also a day in town with daughter and mother in law ending with a very British high tea!

So back on programme for me...no more sugar this week!

lynnie923 10-17-2011 11:17 AM

Well I WI on Saturday and I was up 3 lbs. I know what happened to much salt and I am retaining water but the good thing is I am still under 300. so YAY ME!!!!!

Lynn

fyreflie24 10-17-2011 12:22 PM

Lynn... I'm super salt sensitive and have found that green tea, and a bunch of it, really helps me though that phase. I'm having some right now actually! I discovered this when I went out for sushi and was actually lower the next day (usually the salt, even in sashimi puts me up for a few days) but since I had a ton of green tea with dinner, it seemed to help. Just through I'd throw it out there ;)

fyreflie24 10-17-2011 12:25 PM

Hey! I'm new around here but thought I'd jump in :)

I've set a challenge for myself of breaking the 200 mark by Nov 1 (effectively Halloween). I know it's aggressive and that's ok; it's really a ploy to get through Halloween unscathed. I've had some nice drops the past few weeks but things are slowing just a bit. That said, I've had a horrid time making it to the gym and just need to go first thing before life interferes. Looking forward to a great week!

sassyangies 10-17-2011 12:37 PM

Hi guys!! I would like to join you! I am at 310 so I am almost at 299 and I will be so happy when I make it to that number. I can't believe I let myself get to this point. I feel so ashamed of myself and my life is suffering so much for it. Ugh... I am so ready to get rid of this weight!!

princessgina00 10-17-2011 01:24 PM

Hey Sassyangies,

Do not be discouraged or beat up on yourself. You may have allowed yourself to get up into the 300s, but you have now decided to make a change. And that is all that matters now. I was once your size too (actually about 2 lbs heavier) and I am also your height. I have managed to lose over 110 lbs and have now crossed into ONEDERLAND. So, if my lazy, non-cooking butt can lose these unneeded pounds, anyone can do it. So, please, forget about the past, focus on the future, and take it slow. Weight loss and healthy living, like life, is a marathon, not a sprint. You will not be able to reach the end if you tire yourself out in the beginning. :hug:

sassyangies 10-17-2011 01:56 PM

Thank you Gina I appreciate your kind words. It is so overwhelming and it definetely helps to see and talk to people who know where I am and have gotten through it!

tw326at41 10-17-2011 03:52 PM

Hi everyone! I too am working towards Onderland. I have been in the 260's for several months. I seem to be up and down in the same 5 pounds week after week. I have added exercise so I hope to see some progress soon. This week is my birthday and that has it's own challenges. The beginning of the year I wanted to be at 199 by December 31st. As the year progessed I REALLY wanted to be at 249 by the end of the year. Now even that seems like a challenge. I am not giving up but could really use some encouragement. 17 pounds in 11 week could be doable but I have been stuck so longggggg.
princessgina00 you are inspiring!!

sassyangies 10-17-2011 04:08 PM

Hi TW! You are doing great so far. Keep up the good work. I know it can be discouraging. I am new here, but all you guys inspire me and I know you can do it!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw326at41 (Post 4074577)
Hi everyone! I too am working towards Onderland. I have been in the 260's for several months. I seem to be up and down in the same 5 pounds week after week. I have added exercise so I hope to see some progress soon. This week is my birthday and that has it's own challenges. The beginning of the year I wanted to be at 199 by December 31st. As the year progessed I REALLY wanted to be at 249 by the end of the year. Now even that seems like a challenge. I am not giving up but could really use some encouragement. 17 pounds in 11 week could be doable but I have been stuck so longggggg.
princessgina00 you are inspiring!!

rainbowsmiles 10-17-2011 06:02 PM

hi tw :) i KNOW YOU CAN MAKE YOUR GOAL if you decide right now, here and now, today, this moment to INVEST IN YOURSELF!! we all have to encourage each other when we find ourselves off track. i know i do!! i was off track for 3 months!! now ia m struggling to get my head back into it, but decided that I AM WORTH THE INVESTMENT IN MYSELF!!

come on...give me a pledge...what will you do this week to make it happen???
tell me!!

MrsTee 10-17-2011 06:26 PM

Rainbow you are so right - we are worth making the effort, and I can attest to the fact that I feel SO MUCH BETTER about myself having committed to changing my eating habits.

OK I pledge to make good eating choices every meal this week!

kellie105 10-17-2011 07:00 PM

Hi! Id love to join you guys! Im finally ready to get serious and take control of my weight. Today is my first day and its been really difficult but i really feel like support will make all the diffrence!

sassyangies 10-17-2011 07:03 PM

Hi Kellie,
I'm new here too and I know we can do this!!

fyreflie24 10-17-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellie105 (Post 4074835)
Hi! Id love to join you guys! Im finally ready to get serious and take control of my weight. Today is my first day and its been really difficult but i really feel like support will make all the difference!

Congrats on starting! It's hard but oh so worth it. Some things get easier. :)

rachaelm 10-18-2011 11:07 AM

Lynn, water weight sucks. I'm sure next week you will see a much more satisfying loss! I'll bet all of the walking with your new job is causing some muscle growth too.

sassyangies 10-18-2011 11:14 AM

Well, yesterday was going so good and then I decided I needed to much and I ate too much. Ugh.. I hate that, but I'm going to just move on and keep this going. I was going to do weight watchers, but I cannot find my calculator to figure out the points of food so I'm going to be counting calories instead. I need to start writing stuff down so I can know exactly what I'm eating.
Also is there a weigh in thread for us? I'm just curious when people weigh in and where?

I hope everyone is going to have a wonderful day!!

Lovely 10-18-2011 12:15 PM

Everyone! :grouphug:

I've been MIA for a while here. Mostly I was popping on, reading, and then rushing off to do other things. So I hadn't been updating.

So, firstly. Many, many hugs to everyone! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have some good news to share. I'm officially at my 6 month anniversary since starting, and I've lost a smidge over 50 pounds. I'm still eating on plan, and exercising daily.

Things are chugging along. :yes:

I'm hoping to stop in here more often for personals, though. As the day to day is very important. And I love reading it all, truly!

I'm also celebrating my 3 year anniversary with my husband today.

I'm off for now, but I'll drop by soon, again <3

silentarctic 10-18-2011 01:54 PM

Welcome to all the new faces.

Lovely - Happy Anniversary

Lynnie - Yeah good for your staying under 300lbs.

In a rush so maybe more later, keeping busy....

309 this AM, saw it not sure its "real" I didn't eat that much yesterday and worked out so I'm skeptical that this number will stick, trying to be very concious of my eating today and reaffirming my comitment to yoga followed by light cardio and a smidge of strength training. I won't update my ticker until I see it for at least a week.

Don't get me wrong it is great to maintain weight, and I am so happy I am not gaining, but losing might be nice, even just 2lbs. I'll be ecstatic if i don't rocket back up to the 310 to 320 range that I seemed to be in a 6 month holding pattern, getting out of that would be amazingly exhilarating!

MrsTee 10-18-2011 06:27 PM

Hi all,
Lovely you and I must have started about the same time, my 6 month anniversary is 1st November.It actually seems a longwhile ago, seems ages ago that my eating was out of control, but I knwo I could go back there in a heartbeat.

I can post a 1.00 kilo exactly loss this week.

silentarctic 10-18-2011 07:43 PM

Happy Healthy Anniversaries guys... :-D

startswimming 10-18-2011 07:52 PM

Hi all! Can I join too?

I have recently started fixing my eating/gave up wine and have gotten off to a good start on my weight loss. I was around 290 about a year ago and in the upper 270's in August. I am now in the 250's and dreaming of ONEderland!! :dizzy:

It is GROSS and rainy here.......since I can't GO anywhere I am going to try and force myself to crack out the Wii fit. I haven't used it in months and what I WANT is to watch Dancing with the Stars and Law & Order reruns....not exercise. :^:

Thanks! :)

kellie105 10-18-2011 08:14 PM

I had the worst time with this today... I work at a call center so I sit all day and there is food everywhere. I had subway for lunch which was ok but then the kit kats (which happen to be my weakness) found my desk.....sigh.. i feel so powerless sometimes.

silentarctic 10-18-2011 08:26 PM

startswimming course, we're a welcoming bunch for me its the only thread I faithfully keep track of.

I am feeling lazy too I think i might wii just dance instead of go to the gym.

Lovely 10-19-2011 09:58 AM

Just want to make sure I send out some WELCOMES! :welcome: to anyone joining in on the thread!

Thank you, Silent & MrsT!

Grats on that loss MrsT, and I know what you mean. It still feels like a slippery slope.

Silent - Did you end up doing the Wii Dance?

Startswimming - Wow! Amazing weight loss :yes:

Kellie - Oof! I'm sorry those candies found their way to your desk. You are not powerless. :no: You are powerFUL :yes: You navigated your way around your office without touching other food. You chose Subway, which we can all recognize that Subway is a lot healthier than some of the other fast food joints out there. So you had some kit kats. You didn't eat ALL THE OTHER JUNK that was screaming at you. Maybe, if it will help, you could make yourself a healthy rule. Such as... No candy at work. That gives you the opportunity to choose -a- kit kat bar at home where you can control it, but you won't be as tempted at work, because it's already a rule. Candy at work... not an option. No stress!

Had an okay day yesterday. Nothing extremely out of the ordinary. Got in a nice walk on the treadmill. Spent some time with the husband. It's rainy here :( But, I've got plenty of things to be positive about.

This upcoming weekend I'm carving pumpkins with the family :3 I'm excited. Well, I'm not excited to be driving 2.5 hours, but I'll be happy to see everyone and to do something Fall-ish & fun!

djs06 10-19-2011 10:33 AM

Hi ladies! Room for one more? :)

I am having a REALLY challenging time losing weight lately and it's frustrating staying on plan and getting out of my nice warm bed early to go to the gym when the scale isn't moving. It'll happen, I know, but who couldn't use some extra motivation?

Hope you are all having a great day!

mizbisi 10-19-2011 11:08 AM

Hi Ladies!
I've been a long time lurker as my weight has gone up and down, but i am determined to try and stick to my weight loss efforts.:carrot:

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but a little background: I'm a freshman in college and going through all that entails although I have actually lost about 5 pounds since starting in in late Aug by doing absolutely nothing, so I'm hoping to calorie count and boost those numbers. I'm currently 284, and my ultimate goal is 175 right now.

Everyone here is so nice ans supportive and I'm looking forward to being e friends with all of you. I think this forum will really keep me motivated and on accountable about my weight

Thanks!

sassyangies 10-19-2011 11:51 AM

Good morning everyone!! Well, I'm definetely doing better on day 4, but I need to do better. I need to count my calories and be honest with myself. I ate too much for dinner last night, and still had too many snacks during the day. But on a positive note I still have done way better then I usually eat.

My issue right now is coffee. After dropping my son off 4 days a week at school I usually stop and get a Vanilla Latte at Mcdonalds. So today I decided to to a Nonfat suger free vanilla latte, but it tasted awful. Blah!! I added some silk vanilla to it at home, but if there are any coffee drinkers out there let me know what you do and maybe I can try.

I hope everyone is having a good start to your day!

djs06 10-19-2011 11:57 AM

Miz, college is a tough time for the weight! Good for you for doing your best to get it under control early on, it sounds like you are doing great! What are you studying?

Sassy, I can relate SO much to everything you posted. Snacking, not being honest with myself, etc. Portion control is HARD, isn't it? And the coffee. Uggggggh. I cannot train myself to not "have some coffee with my cream," so I limit myself to one a day. I love coffee so much, and it's so hard to adjust how you drink it! Actually, I recently discovered something delish- when I'm really dragging in the afternoon, I have a packet of sugar free/fat free hot chocolate in coffee with one coffeemate creamer. The whole thing is about 80 calories and it's delicious. Much better than my usual "mocha mocha" (even the "skinny skinny mocha mocha" I order is almost twice the calories) and only has a tiny little bit of cream but still tastes great.

silentarctic 10-19-2011 01:44 PM

lovely - I played guitar hero instead *guilty look* ah well, it kept me from giving in and eating anything after my chicken breast and veggies and I'd already done an hour of yoga so... I can deal with it. I'm just not ready to commit my entire tuesdays/thursday evenings to excercise I guess.

djs - When the scale isn't moving I focus on my fitness goals. And how I feel, can you run a little faster? Do the plank a little longer, lift a little heavier weigths. Are you proud of your perfect form? That sort of thing keeps me active while I'm maintaining... I'll leave the others to give you food mojo I have NOT figured out how to motivate myself to stay on plan with that in any sort of significant way. I'm still struggling with that part...

miz you are doing great, losing weight while at College is hard especially if you are in residence and have a meal plan i would think. :)

sassy - Hardcore coffee addict here, but i have learned to drink mine plain. Latte's and their like (mocha's etc) are a treat to me, a big splurge . I would switch to regular coffee , just get a plain coffee and add your own cream/milk and sugar/sweetener. That way you can see exactly what you are putting in there. Once you are use to that you can start making changes like subbing out a lower fat % milk. Or using a little less sugar, or using some splenda instead of some sugar etc.

OR you can go cold turkey on the cream and sugar.. that's actually what I did. I just started drinking my coffee with nothing in it ... it didn't taste that great but now I am use to it. Now even a splash of skim milk added to my coffee feels like a total luxury! :) (and I love low cal hot chocolate in coffee too like djs... thats a treat I haven't had in a longgggg long time. :) )

I saw 305.4 today... hello exciting much! I know I was just dehydrated but... yo that is so close to actually me being able to actually match this thread titles specifications. :-D I see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

zinkemomx2 10-19-2011 03:21 PM

Despite the fact that I didn't think I had been eating all that well I have found a new low of 273.4lb.

When I do drink coffee it is pretty fancy. I will use my giant mug, between half and one packet of hot cocoa, coffee, and then either a splash of flavored creamer or the flavored syrups. They usually end up about 160 calories a mug and I drink one.