3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Working for Onederland - 299's to 200's - Part 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/244945-working-onederland-299s-200s-part-2-a.html)

kellie105 10-21-2011 06:51 PM

Sassy- its called life class and its on her network. You can go to her website to look at the work that goes along with the class. its about finding yourself and living your best life. Every night Mon- Fri there is a new class with a new topic and its only been on two weeks.

sassyangies 10-22-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellie105 (Post 4080378)
Sassy- its called life class and its on her network. You can go to her website to look at the work that goes along with the class. its about finding yourself and living your best life. Every night Mon- Fri there is a new class with a new topic and its only been on two weeks.

That sounds like something I would love to do. Thanks!! I'm gonna check it out after this!

sassyangies 10-22-2011 10:16 AM

Hi everyone!! Well, I am feeling so discouraged. I can't seem to control my eating. I'm not sure what's wrong with me. I wake up with good intentions and then I just ruin them. I keep saying tomorrow will be a better day, but I want today to be a better day.

So today I vow to make this day better. I want it so bad and I know I just have to START!! At work I need to just fine stuff that is easy to eat, but healthy. I'm thinking of just going with fruits and veggies at work either the steamables or raw so that I don't have to make it too complicated or over think it since I only ge 1/2 an hour for my whole 8 hour shift.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day. It's cleaning day for me so I'll be pretty busy!

silentarctic 10-22-2011 03:29 PM

Hi Sassy, veggies are good. After your next shift maybe take the time to go grocery shopping and cook (or if you have a day off coming up even better). I find precooking awesome, if you plan your supper so that you have leftovers you can portion out for lunch that's one way or plan a bunch of meals you cook on a day off that you then freeze in meal size portions is another one. It takes some planning and I am going to be completely honest with you I totallly use to cheat and just buy lean cuisines, sure they have salt but someone else measured and cooked everything and it was just easier for me. Lots of Fruit and Veggies too. :)

Lovely 10-22-2011 10:43 PM

:hug: Everyone <3

*flops a bit* I just got home from a day with the family. It was a good 2 & a half hour drive down there. Took a wonderful walk around my old neighborhood and by the water. Got to go out and carve pumpkins with two nephews. Plus we went to a candy shop... didn't buy any candy!

Food wasn't the most super awesome today, but I loved that I got in a solid amount of walking. Feeling pretty good. And happy to have done something wonderful like carve a pumpkin for Halloween :)

silentarctic 10-23-2011 10:19 AM

martini - ooo congrats on your purchase I agree the bank would have been awkward :) That's a different place to have a scale.

lovely sounds like you had a good day, we need those days. :)

Trying to motivate myself to excercise or clean I got super lazy yesterday and didn't do real housework I did a little laundry and some dishes but no scrubbing vacuming, running around and putting stuff away.

sassyangies 10-23-2011 11:14 AM

Hello! I hope everyone has been having good weekends, Lovely it sure sounds like you had a great day yesterday. Good for you for not buying any candy. That would of been very hard for me. We haven't done our carving yet, but I'm so excited to do it.

Yeh Martini you bought a scale. That would be kinda wierd to way at the bank, but I guess we do what we gotta do right. I bet your excited. Now you can do it first thing in the morning or really any time you want to.

Silent I know I have to plan ahead. I just am so bad at it, it's not even funny. Yesterday I am happy to say I was completely on plan counting calories and yes I did have a sweet and a snack, but it was within my calories. I am going to try and make my lunches during the week and freeze them like you said. that's a good idea. I only work Fri Sat and Sundays so it shouldn't be that hard. I here ya on the sodium in the frozen foods, plus it seems like theres not allot of food in there. Yesterday I had a smart one and it was 340 calories and hardly any food. I was really dissapointed. So I would rather bring my own so I can have more to eat and it will be healthier. I ended up taking an apple, a pear, to work and had a serving of cashews too as a snack...

So hopefully today will go the same. I'm telling you though it was hard. I felt like i was thinking about food all the time. ( I probably was)

silentarctic 10-23-2011 12:00 PM

sassy - I think thats normal its tough but for me to LOSE weight I have to be completely obsessive over food. I think the longer you do it the easier it gets, or the more normal it feels. Then again right now EVERYTHING I eat feels like such a luxury. Toast w/ a tbsp of peanut butter? I savor every bite, thats like 200 calories right there thats amazingly sinful! (that was breakfast yesterday).

I am getting excited that its sunday and I have time to make myself a brunch...

On a + note scale said 303.4 which is up from yesterday but really only by 0.4 I expected more of a gain so I'm okay with that. I must still be a little dehydrated, and I didn't eat very much food yesterday too figured if I was lazy I could have a lower than normal calorie day I'll up my cals today though roomies mom is having a late (canadian) thanksgiving dinner. :-| I might go there... still debating... I really don't want my weight (even if its from food and sodium and not fat) to jump back up above 310... !

geoblewis 10-23-2011 05:23 PM

Hi girls! Just limping back to the group today. Have had a lot of stress recently which has really affected my ability to stick to my wellness plans. But today I took a huge step to remove the stress and am recommiting to myself to live a healthy, balanced and happy life.

I broke up with my mother this morning! And I am going to leave it at that.

So, back to the plan, which for me is portion control, Paleolithic food choices, good sleep hygiene and regular exercise. When I'm really stressed, a cascade effect occurs. I tend to overeat, and the overeating usually involves unhealthy choices, I'm too stressed to sleep and have no energy to exercise, which just loops into that cycle all over again. I'm happy to have been back on track all week and I feel really good! Weight had popped up to 308, but today I'm back down to 304 and have every confidence that I'll be back under 300 lbs very soon.

I have an ambitious goal, to lose 2 lbs a week. My COBRA health insurance coverage goes away March 2013 and I'll need to find something new by then. I don't want to be obese when I start looking for health insurance, so that means my initial weight goal is now 197 lbs. At that point, I hope to be free of type 2 diabetes indicators and that all my other health indicators are optimal for my age.

So, I'll catch up with reading and chat with you all soon again.

I really missed you!

mizbisi 10-23-2011 11:34 PM

Hi everyone! This weekend has been tough, but I'm gonna power through it. I went off plan and ate about 5 slices of pizza on Friday night (I was drunk) and nachos on Saturday night(still drunk). :o. I'm going to weigh in tomorrow after my weight loss, because I need to get comfortable with weighing myself, and I want to teach myself that my actions have consequences.

I'm also a little scared for Halloween this weekend. Halloween is a big deal at my school so there is going to be a lot of alcohol and a lot of candy. I'm going to eat on the lower side of the spectrum with a lot of veggies this week to account for all of the extra alcohol calories. I'm also going to stay FAR away from the jungle juice. :o

I may not update as much this week because I have a paper due tomorrow morning, a 10 pg rough draft due Wed, and another paper due Friday. Wish me luck lol.

Oh, and I'm trying to start doing my workouts early in the morning so I can do them every day rather than sporadically throughout the week.

geo- Welcome back! I can really relate to the constant loop of no sleep and bad choices, college student right here. Just keep your head up and portion control is a good idea, I'm trying to work on that right now as well.

martini- Congrats on the scale! I could never weigh myself at the bank, I would be too scared that someone is looking over my shoulder lol.

lovely- Good job with no candy! It can bee really hard, especially when its EVERYWHERE like during Halloween.

Happy Monday everyone!

MrsTee 10-23-2011 11:44 PM

Hi all!!

Sort of jumping up and down on the one spot at the moment, but since I am nearly at my 6 month on plan anniversary I will settle for staying the same for a couple of weeks, if I post a loss in that time I'll be happy but I REALLY want to make sure I maintain the work I've put in.

In six months (on 1st November) I've shed 30 kilos or 66 pounds, but now comes the important part - I'm really less motivated and a bit over it all, so I need to give myself permission to just move into a holding pattern for a while, and then get going again.

This is something I've NEVER accomplished before.

I've lost a lot of weight probably 10 or 12 times in my life, but always put it back on once I fell off the wagon.

silentarctic 10-24-2011 01:45 PM

Georgia - So good to see you! Glad to see a renewed resolve you are always such an inspiration to me!

mizbisi - you can do it, most of us have weekends like that. I did, well it wsan't pizza, I actually was so full from drinks friday night I couldn't MAKE myself eat some chicken that I microwaved. LOL :) Dusting off and starting fresh not holding all that against yourself while your trying to study and live healthy during the week will be a good thing.

Mrs Tee - Maintenance is not a bad place to be ya know? Hangout there, its good practice and I feel like it gives your body time to adjust maintenance is not EASY but its a nice changeup from losing.

Martini - interesting you seem to still be doing so well.

Hey girls exciting I saw 302.2 on the scale this am thats going to be up tomorrow darn italian dressing i had THREE TBSP w/ my spinach salad just now but it tasted so good. (bad... i really am trying to reduce my salt!). what the heck, weigh in is tomorrow just hope I don't post a GAIN on the scales for our biggest loser comp. Drink lots of water I guess and no more salt today!

I will update my ticker tomorrow with whatever the scale says so I hope its less than 311! I heart you all and am wishing us good halloween candy surviva skills (i'm thinking just not to let myself have ANY that might be easier than counting it!).

geoblewis 10-24-2011 07:00 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome back, girls!

Mizbisi - it took me forever to figure out that when I have a couple alcoholic drinks, I can't stop eating. Oh dear lord, you can't even put me near a buffet if I have a couple beers! I admire you for accepting the recent choices you made and making new ones to counteract them. The rigors of college life are tough!

Mrs. Tee - a managed plateau break sounds like a great idea to me! Very wise choice. I know you can do it! You've come so far and worked so hard, found real success in your efforts. I think maintenance can be a bigger head game than weight loss, having to make good choices that aren't about depriving yourself. Are you going to keep to really healthy foods but increase the amount by a bit? Will you allow yourself a few more indulgences? Will you change your exercise level at all? I know that through the last few months for me (the summer of my discontent) I sort of did all of the above at different times. I maintained my weight through about a 3.5 kg range. Some days I managed to exercise and also ate a bit more, and on quiet lethargic days, I ate less.

I didn't really set out to maintain, but too much was going on with summer travel and the dramas with my mother that I couldn't focus completely on my efforts. I was very frustrated with it all at the beginning of the summer, but for the last month or so relaxed about it a lot. And the break was good, because now I feel more focused and ready to get back to the discipline. I totally identify with you Martini. Just when I was convinced that I had gained at least 15 lbs, I'd weigh in and was so relieved to see I was doing okay. I really freak at the thought of popping up over 310 lbs again. I don't like popping over 305 actually, so when I would pop over that, I spent the next day or so only eating non-starchy vegetables, lean chicken breasts and an avocado for the fiber.

I had such a good day! I feel so good today. The Southwest Airlines slogan resonates well with me today: "You are now free to move about the country...ding!"

I went to Pilates this morning and had an awesome workout. I was in the back of the class, with all the cut-ups. We kept making everyone giggle. At one point the instructor had to come back and break us up by making us do some extra hard movements. Hurt so good!

I bought some bison steaks at Costco last week and I had one with braised turnip and radish greens for lunch. So good! I love eating like this. I know it costs more, but when it's really high-quality food and its so flavorful, a little goes a long way. Eating like this is helping me with portion control.

I bought Make It Paleo this week. A beautiful cookbook, and the recipes are all simple to make but use quality ingredients. There's a good explanation of the Paleolithic eating plan in there. I made the poached eggs on a nest of beets and turnip hash for breakfast this morning. YUM! Saw a recipe for tacos using very thinly sliced jicama as the tortilla shell, layered with lettuce leaves, seasoned ground turkey and guacamole. Looking forward to making that later this week.

Silent, I am using an old Jedi trick...waiving my arms across the screen...the Halloween candy, that stuff is NOT what we are looking for. It has no power over us. However, I highly recommend this (http://theoliveoilpantry.com/product...samic-vinegar/) bordeaux cherry balsamic vinegar for your spinach salad. OH MY LORD! You don't even NEED oil on the salad when you use this stuff! And a taste of it makes me forget the existence of Halloween candy! Wish I could send some to all of you!

zinkemomx2 10-25-2011 10:44 AM

You wrote exactly what was in my head about planned maintenance. That is sorta where I have been for the last month. I've been floating between 274-276 and every few days I dip into the 273's. My head and heart aren't into it completely right now but I am not allowing myself to lose control either. To me, this is success. I've looked at my weight tracker and I'm typically either actively losing or gaining. This is the longest that I've ever stayed in such a small range. I think it is good practice.

silentarctic 10-25-2011 02:34 PM

Georgia :) Sounds great I live in the middle of nowhere so shipping is an issue :) But for now I'm okay w/ salsa as my dressing its a little salty but its a compromise for me.

All my gals facing a slump its okay we're sticking with this and we have each other keeping the weight off is a different sort of struggle but a good one. I'm happy despite my "slow" loss, that I am going to Do what I have to to KEEP it off, even if I get stuck here at 300 to 310 range is far better than the 340's and 350's I saw last year. :-|