Old 08-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Default Today vs. Tomorrow

Has anyone noticed how everything happens Tomorrow? 'Tomorrow I will clean the house'. 'Tomorrow I will eat better'. 'Tomorrow I will get motivated'. Then when Tomorrow comes it becomes Today, but the action isn't supposed to start until Tomorrow right? So it's a vicious cycle of waiting for Tomorrow to become Today and then waiting for Tomorrow again.

So when do you make the statement that Tomorrow becomes Today? 'Today I will clean the house'. 'Today I will eat better'. 'Today I will get motivated'. I'm working on that right now. I get so close to breaking free of 220 and then I binge and screw it all up again. I'm back up to 225. And on those days that I binge I always state 'Tomorrow I will get back on track'. I've already messed up Today so why bother trying Today? And then it gets pushed to the next day, and the next day....then 5 pounds later I have to start all over again.

So Today I'm going to get off of the couch. Today I'm going to eat better. Today I'm going to be productive. And Today I'm not going to wallow in self-loathing. Today I'm going to work on a better outlook.

Can't wait to check my scorecard to see how I'm doing....Tomorrow.
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasihaya View Post
So Today I'm going to get off of the couch. Today I'm going to eat better. Today I'm going to be productive. And Today I'm not going to wallow in self-loathing. Today I'm going to work on a better outlook.

Can't wait to check my scorecard to see how I'm doing....Tomorrow.
What a great attitude!!!! If you do not mind I am going to jump in too. Today I am going to put everything on the dining room table away.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

Yep!

Got to be a "Today" Person!

I'm more like "Now" person too!

Right now! Every part of everyday......even if I make a guilty mistake...I don't let it ruin "Today" I let ruin the "now" and then I quickly move on!

Where most people live in today and once they ate compulisively or didnt get in the cardio/exercise in the morning as planned...they let the "today" be a bad day cause they made a mistake! No! Bad Moment, we are imperfect but we quickly catch our selves and keep going with the Good in the 'now'

twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:42 AM   #4  
Closet skinny chick! :)

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Good for you! What a great attitude I was totally a tomorrow person - worse yet, I was a Monday person - which, if I screwed up on a Tuesday, gave me a LOT more days to be bad than I should have needed! It was the quote I see so often here on 3FC that triggered me into starting "right now".. In a year from now, you'll be glad you started today. Scarily enough a year seems like a long time when it comes to weight loss but when yo consider how quickly time passes otherwise, it's really not that long at all. Enjoy your Today!
Chantelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #5  
GettingHealthier

S/C/G: 278/256/145ish

Height: 5'5"

This is awesome!

Today, I will scrub my kitchen floor. (Which, of course, means I'll have to "find" the kitchen floor. =)

And tomorrow, I will admire its beauty without having to worry about scrubbing it again. The next day... well, that, I'll worry about tomorrow.
Sophronia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #6  
Making myself fat-free.

S/C/G: 260/214.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Yaye! I am the same way, I tend to be a tomorrow person and have been trying to re-focus and be a "today" person.

I also tend to think that if I mess up, oh well today is blown we'll start again tomorrow. But my husband has been gently reminding me that instead of tomorrow, why not now? The next bite that goes in my mouth will be better for me than the last was if I messed up.

I am totally with you in making today pledges!

Today I will pack at least 4 boxes.
Today I will drink at least 3 bottles of water.
Today I will do the dishes!

And tomorrow, we'll worry about that then.
MeliZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:52 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

If I took one thing out of the musical "Rent" (other than some damn good long distance driving music) it's that there really is no tomorrow. Can't rely on it.

If you want something. If you REALLY want something... you'll start today, right this very moment.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #8  
Asses 2 Ash/Guts 2 Dust

S/C/G: 292/ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Amazing attitude and an incredibly important point.

I will not trade what I want most for what I want today.
JamiSue3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 286/153/155

Height: 5'9

Even if you mess up today, you can still redeem yourself today! What a great post and idea.
Madame Souza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmommaplusone View Post
Yep!

Got to be a "Today" Person!

I'm more like "Now" person too!
I think being a Now person is a good way to become a Today person. What are you doing now? Is it something that helps you towards one of your goals? Doesn't have to be weight loss. It could be self-care, working on a relationship (hubby/child/parent/SO/bff/other), studying for a future career, building a social network, good housekeeping (laundry/vacuuming/gardening), dream goal (starting that novel/documentary/song/invention...) or so many other things to choose from.

Do it Now!

Last edited by yoyoma; 08-14-2011 at 07:50 AM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Great attitude! But TODAY I am exhausted (in a very good way) from a weekend of out of town with family for a wedding. Tomorrow, I'll get into the TODAY state of mind! Today I'm just enjoying one last day of visiting with DD. All that said, eating has been pretty much OP for the entire time, so that part of TODAY is ok. It's the kitchen floor, bedroom closet, and garage that need help today!

Great post!

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote