Accountability, Menus, Plans, Exercise, Stuff.......June 2011

You're on Page 7 of 10
Go to
  • Hello,

Another month, another shot at tracking, this time exercise and weight again. I'd like to leave the 230s by July 10th and exercise on 5/7 days of the week. Let's go!

20: 234.1 lbs; zumba (60 mins)
    21: 232.3 lbs;
    22:
    23:
    24:
    25:
    26:
    27:
    28:
    29:
    30:
  • Just a quick report. On Sunday my calorie intake was 1727 and it was a splurge day! yesterday my calories were 1885 a bit high but it is TOM and I was really snacky last night while packing a picnic for today and the raspberries were calling to me. I did complete Day 5 of the 30 Day shred though!

Today I am going with my son, sister and niece to an amusement park and have already decided to share one of my fav crappy foods, funnel cake! Also do not think I can squeeze in my day 6 of 30 day shred but we'll see how I feel this evening!
  • Good Morning everyone! Back to work for me today! Now that I am feeling good, I wish I COULD stay home, LOL!!! So much to do...oh well, lots to do at work too.

I should have my newest workout and nutritional plan from my trainer today. Can't wait!

Hope you all have a great day!
  • melinda, they recommend going veg for joint pain, the woman who runs www.yummyplants.com went veg cuz of arthritis and it has helped her immensely. (She was an ice skater and had been injured, had arthritis and chronic pain and it went away after going vegan.) Meat isn't just meat anymore anyhow, its full of hormones and antibiotics, who knows how that effects us.

Daiya is good, I love it. Also, I make a zucchini lasagna (there is a recipe on my blog, link below) with tofu riccotta, it's very good! It has that same texture and you just season it with garlic and basil and salt, nom.

I'm glad to hear this is making you feel better, I wish more people would give it a shot, it's changed my life for the better.

beverly joy, my bf has a similar problem with cellulitis, and he's a cook, so he often gets nicks and scraps and tiny cuts that get infected with cellulitus and it's a pretty big problem. Hope you feel better soon and can get on track.

mj5, great to hear you had a good work out! I hope to have one today. I'm finally feeling a bit better.

Got a bunch of writing done last night. whew!
  • Hi folks... I did it! I got through the healthfully on Monday... am grateful for that. I stayed on my food plan, drank lots of water, did my stretches, & wrote down what I ate. I am planning and hoping for today, too.

Thanks for always being here supporting and cheering me and others on to learning to live healthfully with food.

I want thank folks for thinking of me while I wasn't in a place to post - I appreciate the 'shout outs'.

MJ - I missed you getting to onederland. It's so, so awesome. I am thrilled and proud for you, friend. I missed your surgery, too. I must not stay away again! MJ - I do wish we lived closer - as I would love that hug.

Later...
  • I have a persnicketty computer nowadays. Can't always get on and if I get on I can't always post...frustrating. Also been pretty busy with household chores. Where does the day go?!!

Sunday
    B: coffee, hb eggs, pumpkin, greek yogurt
    L: grapes
    D: (early) 10 oz rib eye grilled to perfection, zucchini, LF/NSA ice cream
    E: lots of swimming at sis's pool

Monday:
    B: coffee, loaded egg beater cheese omelet, blueberries
    L: lc cheese WW wrap with bell pepper and spinach, nectarines
    D: left over steak, green beans, peas, peaches and yogurt
    E: yoga, water aerobics

Today:
    B: coffee, hb eggs, pumpkin, greek yogurt
    L: ham and swiss WW wrap with tomato, avocado, spinach, plum, nectarine
    D: loaded hamburger, green beans, peas, strawberries
    E: body pump

Tomorrow:
    B: coffee, Kashi cereal with almond milk, blueberries
    L: WW wrap with lc cheese, spinach, bell pepper, apricot, nectarine, raspberries, and/or mango
    D: spaghetti squash with sauce and cheese, left over fruit from lunch
    E: p/t job

mj - its good to read that you are doing so well post op. I gotta believe the awesome shape you've gotten yourself into has something to do with that.

butterfly - look at you go girl!! You are staying strong on your plan.

lottie - nice to hear you are feeling better and able to work out. How was lunch with your friend?

melinda - Congrats on the 5#. Looks like your plan is getting results and helping you feel better - yay!

Beverlyjoy - So glad you gave us an update. Hang in there. We're all pulling for you to make a successful adjustment to the brace and conquer the food issues.

Lizz - Hello!!

jab - hope all is good with you. Drop a line when you have a minute!
  • Good Morning! I am awake waaay too early this am....gonna make for a super long day!

lottie--How was your "lottie day" yesterday? Did you get to the gym?

Beverlyjoy--AWESOME!!! We are always here for you and thinking of you, even when you aren't here. Thank you! I cannot believe I made it to onderland!

DixC Chix--Grr, silly computer! Your menu looks SO yummy!!! Lots of exercise, too. LOVE it! Thanks. Yea, being in much better shape HAS to be making a difference. That and eating well.

Jab--Yes, let us know how you are when you get a sec. Hope work isn't too hectic.

So last night I received my new workout from my trainer. Ummm, WOW. LOTS of arms and abs...which is exactly what I asked for at the beginning....he told me this workout would be more advanced than the last (and he read "my journey, so far.." hmmm, maybe THAT wasn't a good idea...letting him know how 'easy' some of my workouts are may come back to bite me, LOL!)

We are ordering Zumba tank tops next week from the studio that I go to. I had told my trainer that one of my goals (before I started) was to feel comfortble wearing a tank top this summer. I am going to order one. I am seriously hoping that I feel confident enough to wear it in public this summer.

Have a great day everyone!!!!
  • Hi folks… I am making and taking ‘baby steps’ back into my Beck techniques - I have been writing down my food, keeping my exchanges, & drinking lots of water. My next step is start journaling. Yesterday and the day before I did some meditation. So, I have a few credits going… I am grateful. I am having struggles with after dinner eating. - I need to work on my strategy.

Thanks, everyone.
  • I didn't get to the gym yet, today I had to do laundry, and I knew that laundry and the gym wasn't going to happen. sigh. but I don't work until 530 tomorrow and I AM ALL CAUGHT UP on ALL my chores. So I will DEF be going to the gym for an hour before work. I can't do more than that, I did 95mins that one day and it was too much for my fibro to handle. it's been kicking me in the @$$ ever since.

I plan to do a bunch of stretches and pt tonight, and hopefully tomorrow the gym won't be so bad.

my me day was great, got lots of writing done. Almost finished with the rough draft of my book. Wrote some today and still have more to go.

beverley, glad to hear you had a good day!
  • Beverlyjoy--I LOVE a girl with a plan! You are doing great!

lottie--silly chores...yea, they certainly get in the way sometimes. BUT...gotta have clean clothes

So, tonight I did my newest workout for the first time. I'm not going to lie, I was more than a little intimidated by this one (my lesson for today....if you have a trainer and the trainer is a FB friend....do NOT share a post/note/anything remotely hinting that you now consider your very first workout easy......you may live to regret those words Yep, my trainer read "my journey, so far.." He really liked it. AND decided I was ready to increase my workout. Actually...one didn't have anything to do with the other he was already working on my workout...

Anyway...lots of arms and abs. I LOVE it!!!!! I may not be able to dress myself tomorrow, LOL! But it was a great workout! I am icing my knee right now, just as a precaution.

Hope you all have a relaxing evening.
  • Good Morning! The good news is, my arms feel great! Well, I can certainly tell that I worked out hard yesterday, but that was the point, right? We are ordering Zumba tank tops at the studio I go to next week. I am seriously considering ordering one in the size I am wearing now AND one down a size. Something to aspire to...

I get to go back to Zumba tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a little excited.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Today:
    B: coffee, hb eggs, pumpkin
    L: big bowl salad with bell pepper, tomatoes, avocado, lean ham, rf cheese, SF bacon dressing, peach
    D: spaghetti squash with turkey breast, garlic, onion, italian dressing, peas, cantelope
    E: none -

I am definitely feeling the body pump in my quads - been IB'ing it for 2 days now. There's a Saturday bodypump class that I will take since today is a recovery day. Hair of the dog so to speak. And I think I will feeling better after water aerobics tomorrow.

I had the Homeless Ministry meeting today and we decided to have a BBQ for the volunteers after the next distribution. One woman graciously offered her house and backyard for the event. And of course the men offered to grill... I'm down with that - its a hot job!! I think I'll take a strawberry spinach salad. Ooo, I wish my garden was producing something I could take!

Sis found out she will have rotator cuff surgery (again) 7/14 to repair the damage when she fell out of her hubby's van (looong story). She has the worst luck. When she had the surgery 18 months ago, the anesthesiologist punctured her lung and she ended up in ICU for 2 days.

Beverlyjoy - congrats on the progress. I am interested in hearing about your after dinner eating strategies.

lottie - writing a book?? Care to reveal the storyline? Or is this your cookbook?

mj - be sure to post the 'pain and agony' of the new workout on FB!! FWIW, when I ordered my last swimsuits, I ordered current size and next one down and by the time the current was worn out, I was in the next one down...just my two cents.

melinda and butterflymama - How's it going?
  • It was SO good to get back to Zumba tonight! I was able to stretch (and shake) out any soreness that I had leftover from yesterday. Just in time to hit the gym again tomorrow!

DixC Chix--Exactly! That was the great thing about Zumba tonight. I was able to work out all of my soreness. yeeaa...I think I need to learn to keep my big mouth shut on facebook, LOL!!! Actually, the REALLY nice thing is, I did get a lot of encouragement from my trainer--even when I was whining about my new workout. He just has a way putting things into perspective.

Just relaxing w the sweet beagle sisters while hubby catches up on sports news. I should really go to bed, but I am quite comfy where I am, LOL!
  • Today:

B: coffee, protein shake
    S: peach
    L: Big bowl salad (one stalk romaine, tomato, avocado, bell pepper, rf cheese, hb egg, SF balsamic vinaigrette), cantelope
    D: turkey breast, squash, sweet onions, raspberries, walnuts, yogurt
    E: water aerobics

Today, I am going through all my loose recipes - you know the kind that are torn from a magazines and newspapers, or come in the mail for free, stuff my mom sends me, booklets from appliances long gone!! Whittling it down!!!

Happy beginning of the weekend!!! TGIF everybody!
  • Good Morning! It is still morning, right???

DixC Chix--That is a great idea! I actually "organized" all of my loose recipes into a giant ziplock bag, bought a binder, and plastic "sleeves" with the intention of finishing that project...yep..still haven't. I need to get on that soon myself.

Busy night for me. Gym, then groceries, then home to get some stuff done around the house. Lucky for me (and him), hubby has today off. He will get started on some cleaning, etc. Love going home and finding the house clean already!

I am going to go to Kohl's during my lunch break today. I have a coupon and I really need some new workout capris for the gym....I was noticing on Wed that if I don't get some soon, well....I may be showing more than I planned to! LOL!!!