New Here - Have 115 pounds to lose

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • HI all,

I just signed up for this site. I have 115 pounds to lose

How does this 100 lb club work?

Thanks,
    Elaine
  • Hi Elaine! Welcome!! 115lbs seems like a lot, I know - but I've done it in just under a year. Good luck!
  • Welcome, PElaine! The 100 pound club is a forum for those of us who have or had 100 pounds or more to lose. I have found it to be a great place for support.
  • Welcome!

I just got on too, I have 40 pounds to loose. Mine is a bit less, but I would love to be a dieting buddy! I'm on a low carb diet and I'm in Lent, so no meat. XP
  • Yes, 115lbs is a lot to lose, but don't look at that number. Set yourself a goal to lose 5lbs, then lose another 5lbs- then keep on going. It's very easy to feel overwhelmed with a large number (I know, I'm in the same spot as you), but if you break it down into smaller doses, you will feel empowered each time you meet your mini-goal.

You can do it!

Welcome to 3FC and the 100lb club.
  • Whether you have 5, 50, or 150 pounds to lose, it is always lost the same way - one pound at a time, one good choice on top of another. Set yourself a mini goal (maybe five or ten pounds off?) and proceed on your way. You can do it!
  • Hi and welcome! I just joined too on March 9th. This is a great place for support and help in losing the weight. Try not to think too much on the 115 pounds but on one day at a time. Sometimes it is 1 hour at a time. I know that if I'm wanting to eat something I know is not good for me I tell myself I will wait 1 hour and if I still want it I'll have it then. An hour later I don't want it usually. Sometimes I have to do that many times in a day
  • Welcome! We're glad to have you! This place is great for the hug you need some days and the kick in the pants you need on others. You'll get it all here! Just ask questions and have a look around for support and for gaining knowledge about what we're all doing here together.

Do you have a plan? You'll often hear around here that one of the best pieces of advice we can give is to pick a plan you can stick to and then stick to it. If you stick to a plan no matter what the scale does, the weight will move.
  • The previous posters have pretty much covered it, but I want to say that I'm glad you're here! This is a truly fantastic group of people, no judgment and plenty of support.
  • Thanks everyone for such a great welcome! I really appreciate it!

Elaine
  • A Plan
    Quote: Welcome! We're glad to have you! This place is great for the hug you need some days and the kick in the pants you need on others. You'll get it all here! Just ask questions and have a look around for support and for gaining knowledge about what we're all doing here together.

Do you have a plan? You'll often hear around here that one of the best pieces of advice we can give is to pick a plan you can stick to and then stick to it. If you stick to a plan no matter what the scale does, the weight will move.
    Hi Eliana,

Yes, I am following the Mediterranean diet plan. I really like the plan and it is the way I want to eat anyway!

Elaine
    Quote: Yes, 115lbs is a lot to lose, but don't look at that number. Set yourself a goal to lose 5lbs, then lose another 5lbs- then keep on going. It's very easy to feel overwhelmed with a large number (I know, I'm in the same spot as you), but if you break it down into smaller doses, you will feel empowered each time you meet your mini-goal.

You can do it!

Welcome to 3FC and the 100lb club.
    HI Beck,

I absolutely LOVE that quote in your profile.

Elaine
  • Welcome Elaine; we're so glad you've joined us!

• Another good thing to do when the scale goal seems large is to set goals that have nothing to do with the scale and are totally within your control. Goals like staying POP (Perfectly on Plan) for X # of days in a row, getting X minutes of exercise each week, learning to do a push-up, trying a new plan friendly recipe at least once a week, etc.

• A great place to start is to read the newbie thread here. This is a really great place to get the support you need during your journey. Please feel free to message me (when you get that access!) if you ever need anything!