Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 09:18 PM   #1  

Default question for Sandi

Hi Sandi,

(love your new hairdo, btw)

I saw in one of your posts that you're getting a calendar made for a gift. I assume it's made from pictures of Jacob (of course!)

We're trying to do the same thing, but are way past the deadline, (even though I told my husband the deadline five times, and gave him two months notice of it, but that's another story) and it will be a new year's gift for my mother in law instead of xmas.

The company we use (mypublisher.com) used to have it set up that all you needed to do was mail the photos in and tell them which month to use each one for. Now they don't take requests by mail-you need to upload the scanned photos, and center and crop them yourselves, pick a shape for them, a background, etc., etc. We don't have a cable modem, and it's taking forever. I think it will be a Valentine's day gift at this rate.

Just wondering what company you're using, and if it's any simpler.

Thanks,
sherry
Old 12-19-2002, 06:29 AM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

No company - doing it myself. I am using the software Picture it! They have a million different frames and backgrounds. Collages and stuff like that. I just scan in my photos and create a different picture for every month. Then I use calendar creator to do the months. With calendar creator I can put in all the birthdays and put how old someone will be. And then next year it will update the age automatically. Do you have either software? I have a machine at work where I can bind them, but you can take it to a Kinko's or any copy place and they will bind it for you too. Also most copy places do offer a calendar option that they will do for you, but I think it's just one photo.

I am so proud, was up until 11:00, but I got them done!!! The picture anyway. I still need to print, but I am going to do that at work on the nice laser printer.
Old 12-19-2002, 08:23 AM   #3  

Hi Sandi,

Maybe we will invest in some software...the company we use does have it so you use a different photo every month. Yours sounds really nice! I know my mother in law will always want one every year..

take care,
sherry
Old 12-19-2002, 10:10 AM   #4  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Sherry - I've had those done before and around here anyway, you can get them done at places like Kinko's, Copy Max and places like that in 3 or 4 days. You might check that out.
Closed Thread