Old 02-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #1  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Frustrated

My weight is bouncing up and down. So far for this month I am actually up .2 pound. I don't understand. I have had a calorie deficit of 1,000 - 1,500 every single day. I count my calories very strictly. I have had one day off from exercise this month. At first I thought it was just because I had added weight training to my schedule, but by now I would think that I would have had enough calorie deficit to lose enough fat to compensate for the water my muscles will hold after lifting. The only "bad" thing I do is that I drink crystal light rather than plain water, but I have always done that and I have lost plenty of weight before while drinking crystal light. So what gives now?
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

How many calories are you eating a day? Maybe it'll be benificial to add some more protein to your diet?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

zig zag the calories?
change workout?
A
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #4  

I am eating between 1450 and 1650 calories and burning between 2650 and 3300 each day. I eat between 80 and 100g protein.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

We're not too terribly far into the month. Take this for what it's worth coming from the girl who stalls all the time...just wait it out. The scale will move again. You've lost a lot of weight already! Sometimes our bodies just need a moment to adjust. It could take a while. But that's ok. Eventually, that scale will move again. It always does.

In the mean time, there are many tricks to try. Increase your water, have a high calorie day, take a week long break from exercise, increase the intensity of the exercise, change up the exercise routine entirely, change the time of day you exercise, eat an earlier dinner, get more activity in during your day, try lower carbs and more protein, try a fruit and veggie cleanse, etc. There are so many things to do to try to get the scale to move. I'm not sure if any of them help, but it gives me something to put my mental effort into. And often all you really need to do is change something.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #6  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hrm, what is your fat and carb intake? You might need to play with your ratio percentages a bit. Reduce protein a little, up carbs a little, reduce fat... just some ideas for thought. And, you may want to try mixing up the exercises.

The nutritionist today told me to reduce my weight training to two days a week and to up my cardio. She said it is good to build muscle, but the cardio is what really is going to matter right now. When I lose a bit more, she said I could increase weight training one more day. Do you think you could be overdoing it in weights and not enough cardio?

You're a body bugg user, right? I was reading some users were having trouble losing weight as they reached closer to goal, and when they dropped their burn deficiet a little lower, they began to lose again.

Again, I am no expert, I am just trying to give you something to think about. I hope your stall goes away soon.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #7  
Happy Vegan

S/C/G: 318.5/Ticker/155

Height: 5.8"

Im on my 4th week of a "diet" and havent lost since week 2, even though Ive been very good with eating and exercise. I started eating a little more this week, still nothing so Im now trying to make it lower carb.

At this weight its got to come off!
SuomiSara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #8  

I went and looked at my spreadsheet and I have actually been bouncing around these couple pounds since January 15th. Considering that I got back on plan on January 3rd after being off for months, this is too soon for a stall. My current exercise plan is too new for my body to be used to it. I am lifting 2-3 times a week and doing cardio 6-7 days per week (I allow myself to take Sundays off if I feel I need it that week). I am currently doing 60 minutes Zumba on M,W,F and C25K + 35 minutes extra walking on T,Th,Sa. I do whatever I feel like Sunday, including nothing if that's my mood. I usually have a little over 200-220g carb and 20-30g (occasionally up to 40) fat. My plan is 20% protein, 60% carb, 20% fat. I rarely manage perfection in that, but that is what I strive for each day. I eat lots and lots of veggies, I get all my calcium in, I'm drinking enough, and I'm sleeping enough. I just really really don't get it and am about to just cry.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #9  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitGirlyGirl View Post
I went and looked at my spreadsheet and I have actually been bouncing around these couple pounds since January 15th. Considering that I got back on plan on January 3rd after being off for months, this is too soon for a stall. My current exercise plan is too new for my body to be used to it. I am lifting 2-3 times a week and doing cardio 6-7 days per week (I allow myself to take Sundays off if I feel I need it that week). I am currently doing 60 minutes Zumba on M,W,F and C25K + 35 minutes extra walking on T,Th,Sa. I do whatever I feel like Sunday, including nothing if that's my mood. I usually have a little over 200-220g carb and 20-30g (occasionally up to 40) fat. My plan is 20% protein, 60% carb, 20% fat. I rarely manage perfection in that, but that is what I strive for each day. I eat lots and lots of veggies, I get all my calcium in, I'm drinking enough, and I'm sleeping enough. I just really really don't get it and am about to just cry.
Yep, I got nothin'. You are doing everything right and all I can say is that your body is holding onto weight for whatever reason. It could quite possibly be water retention from your exercise routine. Really. Are your muscles sore? If they are, you are most certainly retaining water.

I feel a whoosh in your future. It may not be tomorrow or the next day, but it's coming.

Do you weigh daily? I discovered that I lose big one week out of every month and stall the other three. Do you have a pattern you've established from before your break?

Last edited by Eliana; 02-10-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #10  

I do weigh daily, but my body never seems to develop a real pattern.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #11  
Calorie counter

I feel for you. Type it all out here and we'll supply the hugs. I've certainly been there. It is definitely frustrating when you're doing everything you know to do and the scale just won't cooperate. And you feel like you have to justify to everyone why you're doing what you're doing and you feel guilty for eating an extra apple. I hate the feeling that the scale does not match my effort.

But know that you are not alone. You're not. I struggled all along here comparing myself to all the fast losers out there. I may not be a linear loser, but I'm still a loser.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #12  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hmm... I would try lowering the carbs down some to 55% or 50% and up the protein some. We are the same height, but I am heavier then you, and I am only eating 170 carbs a day at the advice of body bugg and nutritionist. I dunno how you're not losing weight with that level of activity. Maybe a big woosh is heading your way?

Hang in there!

Last edited by Asherdoodles87; 02-10-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #13  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
I discovered that I lose big one week out of every month and stall the other three.
This happens to me as well. I agree, the scale WILL move again, so no worries. Just keep doing what your doing!

Last edited by JennieLovesKisses; 02-10-2011 at 10:05 PM.
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #14  

lol Asherdoodles, my plan is based on bodybugg and my nutritionist! I'm amused now!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:49 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/233/140

Height: 5'5

I am going through the same thing and the scale has been driving me nuts...so I had my measurements done today and saw that my hard work is paying off...it doesn't have to just show on the scale. Try that because the scale said I gained weight but I lost three inches in my hips in the last cpl weeks.. hang in there you will see the scale move again!!
mflaig is offline   Reply With Quote