Old 12-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #1  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Life and everything like it- rant/whine LONG!

OK so I am not a huge whiner. Life is always what it is and sometimes it sucks.
Lately though I HAVE to wonder, WTF!

OK so here it goes. Seriously, this is so sucky it sounds fake but I promise its not. I just have to laugh at some of it.

This year has not all been sucky. As a matter of fact there have been some truly AMAZING wonderful things that have happened. But the honestly sucky things have been the last two monthsish. OK so. finanee's car in the shop. Now mind you, the car has been DEAD in the driveway since MARCH!!!! But he worked close to home, as do I so sharing a car was not a huge deal. WAIT back up, finacee lost his job to outsourcing in August, effective October 6th. Yeah outsourcing to Manilla, we had a choice, move from SoCal to Tampa FL, Dallas TX or Manilla. Honestly of the three Manila was my favorite option. heh. OK so because he now has to find a new job, probably not close to home (we live in a hick town close to nowhere) that means car needs to be fixed. BUT he decides he is going to "do it himself". Car ended up in a friends shop, so obviously that went well. Meanwhile he got a job 70 miles away in San Diego.

Car in shop for..THREE WEEKS and nothing happening. OK so fast forward till November 15th. I get a text message from my eldest daughter at work, she wants to know if the fiancee had been in a car accident, because he just called asking for the insurance information because he cannot find the insurance card in the car. (remember he is driving MY PAID OFF CAR). OK, so after some back and forth, I discover that he was indeed in a fairly serious car accident, that totaled out my car. He is thankfully OK. But now we have NO vehicle. So I grab the daughters car, leave work (thankfully I have a job I can do that) and go get him, Car. TOTALED. By a kid driving on the freeway, not paying attention, texting or talking on his phone. OK whatever, insurance pay for it, get a rental and off we go on with our lives right?

WRONG

Cannot get a hold of friend/mechanic (after we called and said we REALLY needed the car due to accident, AND we gave him an additional $250 for parts above the $350 already given to him) Finally get a call from mutual friend, mechanic "f-d up big time and is afraid to call". OK so how bad could it be? Pretty bad, long story short, he "loaned" the BRAND NEW (back from fiancee fixing car himself) distributor to a "friend" and now friend will not return it. WHAT!?!?!?!?! ooook. So fiancee (who is honestly the MOST patient person on the planet) said that he had till the end of the week to get it back. That did not happen, we had to extend rental car at the tune of $250 a week, and ended up buying another new distributor, in lieu of payment for labor. Well DUH.

It is now Thanksgiving. Yup. Thanksgiving, still no car. Driving to future in-laws house in Orange County, traffic stops, I stop, car from Utah behind me stops, Truck from California behind Utah does not stop. Yup, you guessed it. Rental car, smooshed. ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

OOK, so. Turn in rental car on Monday after Thanksgiving. Much to the amusement of the rental car people. Remember small hick town, they remember why I needed it to begin with. Alrighty than. Find out that the settlement for my car is on the way BUT, it is going to be about $1000 less than planned because, the tow truck driver charged $1000 to get the totaled car out, for driving THREE MILES. yup, three miles. Apparently he claims that there was a hazardous spill he had to clean up. (Um, my car was hit in the trunk area, I can guarantee no hazardous materials there, just a few fairly expensive bottles of wine that I had bought on the day before and fiancee had forgotten to take out of the trunk. Nice) OK fine whatever, we had our eye on a classic that we wanted to buy REALLY bad. 1976 Oldsmobile Supreme Cruiser Wagon. The guy wanted only $1700, we offered 1500 and it was a deal. Fiancees car was due out of the shop on Friday, and we would have money left from the settlement. Right?

WRONG.

Settlement check comes, fiancee comes to the office to get me, with some bad news. His car, blew up. Yeah, seriously, blew up. In the garage of the mechanic's house. Mechanic in the hospital, with smoke inhalation. Bye Bye car. (BTW we have still not heard this from him, or heard FROM him). OK so. We have to buy two new cars.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, there was a home invasion down the street from me, my cars have been broken into twice in the last month (but nothing was taken and no damage was done just gone through), the kid that I carpool my son with, apparently had a complete emotional breakdown today because we ran out of gas (old cars have jacked up fuel gauges sometimes and I messed up) so now we "need to find alternative carpooling arrangements" . My job sucks right now, my teenagers feel and see all of this stress and have gone even more crazy, and I am trying very hard not to eat my feelings!

EEK. that was a lot. But seriously, all I want to do is move up to the Bay Area, open an artsy fartsy bakery/cafe that promotes local artists, watch the sun set over the bridge and drink my damned herbal tea! That is my goal in life LOL and instead, I get this the last two months. ARGH.

Sorry so long, just had to vent a second. Karma...I am due for some good right? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by lazylioness; 12-09-2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: cause I am a ding dong and the sun sets in the west not over the bridge. d'oh
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:57 PM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

DAMN WELL overdue for some good karma. And e-hugs, too.

You really can't make up some of the BS that life throws in our direction. But it will get better.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:05 PM   #3  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

I think you are due some good times my dear!
is also needed.

Amazingly you sound positive still, the only way to be by the way, good for you.

Cheers and heres to a complete turnaround for you and your life (or at least one decent car)
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #4  
OMW to a brand new me!

LOL thanks guys. and yeah, positive is the only way to stay. But somedays, like today, I am just OVER it. lol
Old 12-09-2010, 11:44 PM   #5  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

I second the overdue for some good Karma!!! Sounds like you will definitely be enjoying the ringing of the New Year! Hope everything works out.
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:08 AM   #6  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

I hope things getting better for you. Best of luck in the new year! hugs to you! It is when you are lowest that you find your strength.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:44 AM   #7  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

Keep your chin up girl. Good karma is coming soon!
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:01 AM   #8  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Ok, so your post just put MY life in perspective! LOL! My goodness! I don't think you COULD make all that up! You need a life without cars! Consider a move to NYC.

Wow.

I think you are really, really fortunate there were no deaths in all those incidents.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

This sounds like a sequel to the movie "Due Date"!!

First, many, many hugs to you and your family. Thank God everyone is okay.

Second, you have a talent for writing. Even though this is tradegy in its purest form, I still couldn't help but laugh at the way you told the story.

Third, good for you for not killing the mechanic (especially the mechanic) or the kid driver, California driver or Utah driver or the wrecker guy or whiny carpool kid.

Fourth, are you sure you didn't get whipla$h-- ?

(Calling for the Calgon fairies to "take you away" - at least for a little while!)
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:13 AM   #10  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Gosh I think I just read a Janet Evanovich book about Stephanie Plum (if you need a laugh.. pick one up they don't have to be read in order, but it helps )

You are definately due for some good to happen. I hate when life is on a downward spiral.. it seems like they will never end, but they always do... eventually.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #11  
OMW to a brand new me!

HAHAHA you guys made me laugh.

The funny thing is, that we SERIOUSLY considered taking our settlement and just moving up to San Francisco. That is where we WANT to be and can you say public transportation????

Life is sometimes on a downward spiral, and if you wanted a whole long book I could go on. However, yeah. I just had to decide and realize that it could always be worse

The good part is that I have my project car now. Its awesome, if a bit of an air craft carrier that barely fits in my driveway, and we have a new Ford Escape. YAY.

Everything happens for a reason, and I know that God does not give us anything we cannot handle (that is what the nuns told me anyway)

BUT I swear sometimes this is what happens

God, Jesus and St Peter (I was raised Catholic so St. Peter is important) all kickin it up in heaven, hanging out doing their thing. One of them gets bored. (in my mind its always St. Peter because yanno, that is how he rolls). He leans over to Jesus and says "Hey dude hand me that swizzle stick" and then reaches down into my life and just swizzles like MAD.

Then they all laugh.

Yeah, ok so maybe I am a bit twisted. But seriously.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:49 AM   #12  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Keep reminding yourself that he's OK after a totalled car - cars are metal, worthless, replaceable. He's not
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #13  
OMW to a brand new me!

oh yeah absolutely. I am thankful for that every minute of everyday. And now I am weirdly obsessive if he does not call within five minutes of leaving work or getting to work LOL. Lets not even talk about if there is traffic and he forgot his earpiece!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:40 AM   #14  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Lioness, it certainly cannot get any worse. You can only go up from here! ((((hugs)))) Cars--you can't live with 'em and you can't live without 'em.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #15  
OMW to a brand new me!

HAHAHAHA I want to say that is true mom, but I am not tempting fate!

When this started, with the first accident, I woke up that morning (after being in a sort of a funk for a few weeks) and posted my status on my facebook as "this is going to be a FANTASTIC day." When the car blew up, same story.

So I am just not tempting at the moment HAHAHAHAHA

However, I have considered getting a horse, then, when it does not work anymore, I can shoot it!

JUST KIDDING. (sort of)