Old 11-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I'm a pear, so I lose from the top down. I carry most of my weight in my stomach/hips/thighs. When I get the bottom part the way I want it, my face/collarbones are very thin. When I was heavy, I was a heavy pear. Now that I'm slim, I'm a slim pear. My body shape is exactly the same!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:25 PM   #17  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I lose first from my hands and wrists. When I hit a slow spell of losing, I know that I am starting a new cycle when I see the difference in my hands and wrist. I wish that applied to my upper arms which have lost disproportionally slow.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #18  
no gravity!

S/C/G: 301.5/185/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm a pretty classic apple shape as I hold all my weight in my torso. So now I'm getting this creepy deflated look on my upper torso which, of course, makes my lower torso look even bigger. It's pretty uncomfortable to look in the mirror, lol
moon safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:27 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

When my losses first became noticable, it seemed to come from all over. My pants got too big, shirts got too baggy, panties falling down in the back, bras too loose. When that died down, my stomach appears to have stayed the same while my face and neck slimmed down a little, I can see collarbones all the way out to my shoulders now, and some ribs above the boobage. Wrists and hands are a little smaller in the last few weeks.

I guess that's my roundabout way of saying I can't really tell! But I guarantee my stomach will be the last to go. . .
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #20  
~Kim~

I'm not exactly sure what my true shape is considering I've been overweight most of my life. I always hear your waist is where you measure smallest, if that's true then I am REALLY high waisted, as in right under my rib cage. My hips are pretty wide and so is my rib cage.. so does that make me on hour glass?

Anyway.. My husband says he can tell I've lost in the face and that he can tell I'm smaller when he puts his arms around me, so that's my upper body. And then I'm not exactly sure what's shrunk, but my saddle bags look huge compaired to my butt.. so I guess I've lost in my butt?

I take my measurements on the 1st of every month so I guess I'll know tomorrow what i've lost from where for sure.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:50 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon safari View Post
I'm a pretty classic apple shape as I hold all my weight in my torso. So now I'm getting this creepy deflated look on my upper torso which, of course, makes my lower torso look even bigger. It's pretty uncomfortable to look in the mirror, lol
O.M.G. That's it. That is the answer I have been looking for. Thank you!! I have been so down lately that my clothes are getting too big, the scale is going down, I feel really good and still when I look in the mirror, I have the same BIG lower belly. I mean it looks like the same BIG belly in comparison to the upper body loss.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:39 AM   #22  
no gravity!

S/C/G: 301.5/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixC Chix View Post
O.M.G. That's it. That is the answer I have been looking for. Thank you!! I have been so down lately that my clothes are getting too big, the scale is going down, I feel really good and still when I look in the mirror, I have the same BIG lower belly. I mean it looks like the same BIG belly in comparison to the upper body loss.
YES! So you know what I'm talking about. It just looks...weird and it makes me feel so uncomfortable because I almost feel fatter. It's like where I used to have just a big belly, I now have almost like a spare tire. Like wearing an inflatable tube for the pool right above my hips.

Well thank god it apparently goes away/evens out. Because I feel pretty fugly at the moment.
moon safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:11 AM   #23  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I gain and lose totally perfectly evenly. I somehow manage to be the exact shape I was when I was bigger at 30 lbs lighter!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #24  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

Top down and belly last. Of course, it is reversed gaining, with belly first and bottom up. That's why I cannot stop halfway there. I have to get all the way to goal !
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #25  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Krampus, I experienced the same thing until I got truly obese, around 190+ on my frame. I was the same percentage of distribution whether I was 140 or 180, the same almost-hourglass (slightly bigger on top than in the hips, just a smidge). When I gained the rest of my weight is when it got out of proportion, my torso gained all the weight (back and belly) and my legs, arms, and face didn't so much.

Now I've had kids and gained and lost a lot of poundage, so who knows what my shape will be, but I have a feeling it will remain the same in the lower pounds as it did years prior, just with slightly wider hips.

I definitely lose the weight in my face and upper stomach. Not in my breasts or hips, so much, but I lose there too. Arms and legs? Almost the same (but they were proportionately slim even at my highest weight).

So yeah. I am an hourglass, a fat hourglass, and at the highest weights become an apple. Joy?
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote