3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Dinners? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/216299-dinners.html)

TooManyDimples 11-01-2010 09:44 PM

On this weeks Menu are Turkey Burgers with salad, Broccoli Chicken Soup, Spaghetti Squash with ground turkey and Sauce, Turkey Cutlets with veggies & quinoa, Chicken Avocado Salad, and then just plain ole baked Chicken with veggies of course. =)

I love Quinoa, but now that I'm counting calories I try to only have it once a week or less.

Nola Celeste 11-01-2010 09:56 PM

I like to look far afield to keep dinners interesting. Last night was a madras chicken curry prepared with a jar of pre-fab sauce (Deep Foods makes a really tasty version, and though I don't like a lot of packaged spice mixtures, those jarred curry pastes they make are an exception), acorn squash, green beans, tomatoes, peas, and carrots. Not only was it delicious, but the portions were big and still came in under 500 calories including half a cup of rice.

Tomorrow night might be stir-fried scallops with vegetables. It might be chicken with forty cloves of garlic, a favorite of mine that "lightens up" well. It might be homemade vegetable-beef-bean stew if that cold front comes through and I feel in a soup-makin' mood. We generally decide on tomorrow's dinner the night before so we can defrost anything that needs defrosting.

My husband's a chef and we live in New Orleans; there's no way I could stand to eat dull food, so I am reading this thread avidly for more ideas. I'm looking forward to trying some I've seen already! :)

RobinD 11-01-2010 10:02 PM

Right now I'm canning like crazy before my surgery on 11/11, so dinners are the leftover soup/stew/whatever that didn't fit into the canner that day. That's how it always works around here during canning season. Today was Chicken & Roasted Veggie soup, tomorrow it will be Senate Bean. I have gallons of frozen homegrown tomatoes in the freezer, so tomato sauce and tomato soup is coming soon. :-)

Bac0s 11-02-2010 08:32 AM

I love www.skinnytaste.com and Fix It and Forget About Light for recipes. For skinnytaste recipes, I love the lasagna rolls, the carnitas, and the minestrone. In the Fix It and Forget It book, I love the ham and scalloped potatoes, pizza in a bowl, and Mexican casserole.

Most of the time I make my family our regular dinner and make it lighter for me. If we have tacos, I have a big taco salad with no shell and reduced fat shredded cheese (the Mexican blend is pretty good). If we have burgers (not very often, but as an example) I have it without the bun and with veggies on the side. If we have spaghetti with meat sauce, I use Dreamfields pasta, have a small portion, and a side salad inside of garlic bread. If we have Italian beef sandwiches, I just eat the beef and have no roll, vveggies on the side. Etc, etc.