3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Dinners? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/216299-dinners.html)

SCraver 11-01-2010 12:22 PM

Dinners?

I was wondering what kinds of dinners everyone makes? You know... other than baked skinless, boneless chicken breast with roasted veggies. ;)

I have made some barley stuffed peppers a few times. I cut the peppers in half and fill them. Each half is about 150 calories. (so, I eat two for dinner - and a half makes a great snack, too)

I just this past week tried a Cajun Unstuffed Cabbage recipe. Yum-freakin'-O!! (And I don't even like cabbage!)

The other night we had burbon marinated salmon with asparagus. (bought the salmon pre-marinated from BJ's) Let me tell you... it was toe-curling good. (And I don't even like salmon!)

I am trying to plan out my dinners for the month. I want to buy the ingredients needed each week, but have all the recipes ready to go so I don't have to think about it. If I have a recipe with the ingredients ready to go, then I won't be likely to say f-it and eat a frozen pizza or some other such garbage.

DixC Chix 11-01-2010 12:32 PM

How 'bout Eggbeater veggie no crust 'Quiche'?

SCraver 11-01-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DixC Chix (Post 3547450)
How 'bout Eggbeater veggie no crust 'Quiche'?

Ooo! That would be good for breakfast, too. I am getting ready to switch that up, too!

Eliana 11-01-2010 01:11 PM

We do a lot of chicken, BBQ, garlic, plain, whatever. And of course roasted veggies. ;)

Salsa chicken over fried cabbage: Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken in a skillet, pour on a jar of salsa and cook until chicken is done. Stir fry a head of shredded cabbage. Serve the chicken over cabbage. Delicious!

Chili: Ground turkey, tomato sauce, chili powder, canned tomatos and (per suggestion from 3FC and it's FABULOUS) a can of pure pumpkin. Served over spaghetti.

Most of my meals are a lean meat with occasional servings of roasts. My sides are more interesting: Sweet potatoes, winter squash either cubed or mashed with soy milk, quinoa, roasted onions, peppers, broccoli, brussels sprouts, carrots, beans, corn, etc.

lottie63 11-01-2010 01:31 PM

This is my new absolute fave:

Mexican rice (no butte/oil, just seasonings), baked chicken, shredded and coated in a thick red enchilada sauce, topped with 1 serv shredded cheddar cheese, then....now this is the good part... ;) Green salsa (salsa verde), blended with light sour cream, and pour the cool sauce over top the hot enchilada.

I die a little of happiness when I eat this, then die a little more when I realize the meal is gone, out of sadness! :P

fitbyforty 11-01-2010 01:35 PM

Could you share your recipe for Cajun Unstuffed Cabbage recipe please.

SCraver 11-01-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitbyforty (Post 3547556)
Could you share your recipe for Cajun Unstuffed Cabbage recipe please.

Cajun Cabbage: (easy)

-1# hamburg (I used ground turkey 'cause that's what I had)
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilies
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup regular rice
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. each of basil, oregano, black and cayenne pepper
- 1 t. cajun seasoning
- 4-6 drops hot pepper sauce (If you want it spicey, you can do more!)
- 1 smallish cabbage, chopped in about 1 or 2 inch pieces. (Next time, I will use a BIGGER cabbage)
- 1 cup each cheddar and mozzarella cheese, more or less.

1. Brown and drain meat and veggies.
2. Stir in tomatoes, sauce, rice and seasonings.
3. Spread in greased 13x9 pan, cover and bake at 350 for 65 to 75 minutes. (About midway I stir gently and drizzle maybe 1/4 cup or so of water around the edges)
4. Uncover, top with cheeses and return to oven a few minutes to melt.

MadameZombie 11-01-2010 01:51 PM

My husband and I started this thing where we bring out an appliance at the beginning of the week and try to make dinner around that. This week is the panini maker. Sometimes it's the pressure cooker. It keeps us thinking of fun dinners.

SCraver 11-01-2010 01:53 PM

Great ideas! Keep them coming.

I have to do more with my crock pot.

Do you guys plan out your meals a week at a time? Day at a time? Month?

SCraver 11-01-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadameZombie (Post 3547587)
My husband and I started this thing where we bring out an appliance at the beginning of the week and try to make dinner around that. This week is the panini maker. Sometimes it's the pressure cooker. It keeps us thinking of fun dinners.

What a great idea!!

fitbyforty 11-01-2010 02:00 PM

Thanks so much!

Charms 11-01-2010 02:14 PM

Shrimp Stir Fry

frozen shrimp
red pepper
green pepper
yellow pepper
tomatos
scallions

Can be served over brown rice or romaine lettuce for lunch.

DixC Chix 11-01-2010 02:53 PM

Charms --
What a "V8 moment" I had with your idea to put stir fry over lettuce!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

SCraver 11-01-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DixC Chix (Post 3547700)
Charms --
What a "V8 moment" I had with your idea to put stir fry over lettuce!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

That is a GREAT idea! I have also done "sandwich wraps" using lettuce leaves instead of a "wrap".

krampus 11-01-2010 09:33 PM

Omelettes stuffed full of veggies. There's a popular Japanese food called "omurice" where you wrap rice in egg and put ketchup on top, but I don't see why rice has to have all the fun. ;)