Old 11-17-2010, 02:48 AM   #1  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Default Xbox Kinect, weight loss, pain management...

Xbox kinect!

So my pain/weight loss regiment ( I have fibromyalgia, chronic pain) consists of taking lyrica, b12 (I'm deficient) and magnesium ( I strongly suspect deficiency there) and using the xbox kinect. My pain has vastly improved and I've lost 12 lbs since oct 19th.

The Kinect has helped my exercise routine so much! I took the fitness test for Your Shape and my boyfriend took it too on his profile. It really does tailor it to your needs!

I didn't know this until we discussed our work outs.

I did the fitness test, I made myself go just a smidge beyond what seemed like my limit, so as to not cause a flare or have it expect more from me than was realistic.

Now, I have these workout 'classes' with a trainer on there and a bunch of work outs are listed as 'not recommended' (yet, I can retake the test when I gain endurance and strength). Keeps me from pushing too hard on stuff I shouldn't do.

My routines are things I can handle, but are still challenging and they only last between 4 and 6 minutes at this point. I try and do it twice a day and then do some other form of exercise that is a game like volleyball for kinect or today I did one session of kinect hula hopping which doesn't sound much but it's pretty intense! I was sweating the most glorious sweat today and my muscles felt warm (it helps the fibro)

My bf's routines are longer, he has less "not recommended" and more "moderate" than beginniner listed exercises and his routines are between 15-30 mins long. So it truly does work WITH you, not against you.

It's so motivating! I can't wait to see my progress and retake the test in December!

Last edited by lottie63; 11-17-2010 at 02:48 AM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

That sounds so cool! I was looking at one of these, but I decided to wait until I visit my brother and play with his. (cause, you know, boys always go get the new toys the day they come out. lol)

I'll be interested to see what you think as you continue with it!
Grumbleworts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:43 AM   #3  

Im wanting to the the Kinect, i hope i do!!! It seems fun
ghostgirl811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hubby and I have decided we may need to buy a 360 and a Kinect with income tax... that Just Dance commercial makes me want it..lol

We have a Wii and are trying to pick a few new games that we can pass off as gifts to the kids or family this Christmas to get us a bit more active.. money it tighter than tight for us this year so not sure we will even be able to afford one game but we are hoping..lol
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5

I saw last night that biggest loser has a xbox game out for that.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote