Today I went shopping and I bought.....

• A CUTE orange swing jacket, very retro. Reduced from £149 to £19!!
    The price was great but even better - the UK18 was voluminous, the UK16 looks h-o-t!

A blue narrow skirt to go with the jacket. Reduced from £49 to £9!!
    Even better - it's a straight skirt, not too long (supposed to flatter apples with good legs) and the UK18 fits perfectly; and and and ~ it has a zip fastening and a fixed waistband!!

I did not buy some blue trousers I really liked because, even with a zip and tab fastening, no stretch, they were huge around the b t m ~ I had to put something back on the rack, because it was too big! That's a first for a loooong time!

Then I went for the luggage I mentioned earlier in the week. Disappointment! The holdall still available but the suitcase gone. It's one of these outlets where they basically sell last season's stock cheap(er), so no guarantee I could get the hand luggage and hope for another case to come in. When she saw how keen I was to buy, not to view, the assistant made loads of phonecalls and is getting one from another part of the country delivered to her store next week! I was so pleased! The luggage is my "successfully got to the exact mid-point of where I need to be in order to be where I want my weight to be by the time I go to Israel in mid-January" prize, so I was really delighted. (And will be telling her head office so.)

Hey, I really do know that spending money does not equal happiness; truly! but today was fun!
  • That all sounds wonderful! Isn't it nice to buy clothes because you love them and they look great, instead of because you can get into them and you don't hate it?

I didn't know you were going to Israel. Fun! And you will love having new luggage. I used to have these horrible cheap black suitcases; last January, I bought a really nice cranberry-colored one for some travelling and it was heaven to have a pretty grown-up bag.
  • That sounds like so much fun! I enjoy so much hearing about how things are going for you. I am so glad you were able to get the luggage.
  • I love a great deal, but smaller sizes are even better! Congrats!
  • I never really grasped the concept of shopping for fun until recently. Now I do, but still a bargain hunter so this sounds like a great trip to me.
  • CONGRATULATIONS! I bet you look fabulous!

Quote: Isn't it nice to buy clothes because you love them and they look great, instead of because you can get into them and you don't hate it?
    That is how I shopped for TOO many years!
  • guys!

p.s. I did mean to add that I don't mean to post to boast ~ I'm just very happy with the way things are going, and this is my only place to share it!

p.p.s. Nobody's made me feel anything other than happy, I did just mean to add the p.s. about not meaning to crow.

p.p.s.s. ~ nah, this could go on for ever!
  • Putting something back on the rack cuz it's too big is the BEST FEELING EVER! Congratulations!
  • Awesome, some great deals. Also, was able to put something back because it was too big. Nice that they found you some luggage too. Sounds like a fun shopping trip.