Horrible Weekend of OVEREATING!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • It's been a horrible weekend of OVEREATING! I plan on going on 1200 calorie diet for a few days then back to 1500 -1600 after that. I have been gaining back to much of my weight. My clothes are getting tight and I can't walk very far. I'm SICK of being OBESE! Let's hope I can stick with my plan for a change.
  • I hope you start that 1200 RIGHT NOW...today. There are a lot of hours left in the weekend and a lot MORE damage can be done if you "Start tomorrow".

Step away from the food and go outside and mow the yard or take a walk. Get away from the food.

Look at all those goals you took the time to type all out in your signature. DOn't you want to actually be able to fill in all those blanks? It ain't gonna happen if you keep eating horribly. Come on girl, you can do this...it's not rocket science!
  • I understand those weekends - they happen to the best of us. Don't beat yourself up, though. You'll eventually believe that you can't do it, so why bother trying. It was a bad weekend, nothing more, nothing less. It's (almost) over. Move on at your healthy pace. Best wishes! ^^
  • Quote: It's been a horrible weekend of OVEREATING! I plan on going on 1200 calorie diet for a few days then back to 1500 -1600 after that. I have been gaining back to much of my weight. My clothes are getting tight and I can't walk very far. I'm SICK of being OBESE! Let's hope I can stick with my plan for a change.
    Hope to stick with your plan? Well of course you CAN. I mean you have the ability to, you ARE capable of it. But hoping for it won't do it - DOING IT - is what, ummm does it...

Yeah, you've got to make that plan and than stick to it like glue. Stop giving yourself permission to veer off so easily. Challenge yourself. Raise your standards. PUSH YOURSELF. You've got to learn how to tell yourself no. It appears from your history that when you open up that door a little, it swings wide open - so stop letting it open AT ALL. It's much easier to say no that first time. Because once you say yes to this, you than say yes to that... and then you have a horrible weekend of overeating. Make that plan. And stick to it. NO MATTER WHAT.

You CAN do this. You absolutely can. Discover what you're made of. Find out who you were intended to be.
  • Hoping this new week will be better for you on staying on plan.. Hang in there..You can do it!!
  • Vicki,

I know you can do it. You know it too! Once day at a time! When that's too much, one hour at a time!
  • You CAN do it!
  • You can do it! Start NOW!!!
  • good luck! You can do it!
  • We CAN get back on track and stay there ( have been sooo very bad for a few days, thank you for posting, I was too ashamed.)
    You have been doing it right?? So you know that you can. Close the door Rockinrobin was talking about. I'm closing it as I type.
    Thank you for sharing, you might have saved us both.
  • You can do it!!! Start back on track right now
  • You can do it dust yourself off and go foward!
  • when I started my lifestyle change on Jan 18th 2010 I decided what we were going to do and that is what we have done. My hubby and our 2 daughters and myself eat only whats on plan....it's our plan so everyone is ok and loves it. We all decided we were going to do it. NO EXCEPTIONS! As of today this is what we have lost
    Me: 81lbs
    hubby:70lbs
    oldest daughter: 51lbs
    youngest daughter: 20lbs
    we have lost a total of 222lbs. We made up our minds, we don't look back. This is the way we eat and live now. And we dont think about it. Its a lifestyle change and not a diet. Its not something that we will quit or give up on. Its our lives we are talking about here....strokes, heart attacks and death. If we can help our bodies to prevent those thing why not just do it. Its easier to say no to a cookie, pizza, chips, or whatever than for your spouse or child to lose you because of it.

Once you make your mind up you will do it. But not until then....
    Good luck!
  • Thank You All for Your Encouragement and Advice. Terre I think that's awesome that the whole Family changed there lifestyle. SarahD140 I hope you had a better day today too. RockInRobin I will stick to this No Matter What. I count calories. So I felt hunger pains today. I did Weigh Down Diet years ago so had lost 25 LBS eating that way. But now I try to eat Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and snacks. Lori Bell I plan on filling in those blanks on my chart.

So from All Your Suggestions: I will Step Away from the Food, Don't beat myself up, By Doing It No Matter What, Push Myself, I can Do It, and Make Up My Mind to do this.
  • August 16 1200 calories
    August 17 1200 calories