I went to the gym!

• This is pretty small but to me it's HUGE! I haven't been to a gym in forever! I only did a half hour on the treadmill but I was surrounded by people so this was a big thing for me. I have a pretty big germ phobia so to be surrounded by people sweating and touching stuff usually freaks me out.

I am so proud of myself! Woowoo!!
  • Way to go!!
  • Go shelly go shelly!! did you decide on 24 hr???
  • Yay!
  • Keep going and it will feel less strange each time. Then you'll be a "regular."
    Good job!
  • Well done!
  • Wahoo!! Do you know gyms usually have spray bottles and paper towels so you can wipe down your machine before and after you use them if you choose? That helps me tremendously. And I always wash my hands after a workout.

Here's to making the gym your second home.
  • WTG!

A.
  • congrats!!! I about died the first time I went to the gym, between the fact of being around people & actually exercising, but it gets easier every time!
  • Good job!

Keep it up!
  • Great job! Way to be brave! I have a Curves behind my house. I keep saying I'm going to start, but I just can bring myself to do it.
  • Way to go!!

I love going to the gym first thing in the morning as its a lot quieter...this may be an option for you??
  • Yay!! Good job.

Yeah I wash my hands after a workout too, they ALWAYS feel dirty even if I'm just running outside. But seriously, germs everywhere at gyms.
  • Sarah- Yea, I decided on 24 hour. I love the fact that the lap pool is there. I can go swimming in the middle of the night..which is usually when I want to.

Plump-I need to get back in the habit of getting up early to go. I do usually find that there are less people in there in the morning. In the late afternoon-when everyone gets off work- it is incredibly crazy in there. Not a treadmill in the joint open! When I did a tour of the place some guy on the starimaster went up to wipe his sweat off with the back of his hand and flicked it----it landed right on my cheek. I nearly threw up. I seriously almost flipped out. Of course, he had no idea-his ipod was in his ears.
  • Nice! Keep it up!

Cheers,

J