3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Accountability, menu, plans, exercise, etc. - week of June 7 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/203922-accountability-menu-plans-exercise-etc-week-june-7-a.html)

Beverlyjoy 06-07-2010 05:49 AM

Accountability, menu, plans, exercise, etc. - week of June 7

This is a place where you can put down your plans, menu, exercise and have a chat. Feel free to join in!

Beverlyjoy 06-07-2010 06:17 AM

Hi chicks! Happy Monday.... yesterday was a healthy day. I am grateful for that! I stayed with my plan - despite having a lower back ache. I weighed this morning and am up one pound from my sticker weight. I'd say that's OK (almost a success) since I was gone from home for a week.

plan, log, measure, count calories
eat seated only
no licking spoons etc when cooking
tv off
fork down between bites
taste food
slow mindful eating
feel fullness
no seconds

breakfast - pnb toast, morningstar bacon, strawberries

lunch - out with a friend...healthy!

snack - fiber cereal, milk, fruit

dinner - fish, brown rice, salad, evoo, vinegar

snack - rice cakes, lc cheese, blueberries

Lets have a great week. Shout out to mingle, anewcreation, schmoodle, mj, rhonda, peachykeen, slashnl, rakel, dgramie, teraleigh, txmary, and anyone stopping by.

dgramie 06-07-2010 07:37 AM

I had a bad day on saturday. I cohosted a bridal shower for dear friends daughter and I ate to much.I know it was full of soduim and my scales showed it. Yesterday was a POP day with lots of exercise.
bev- glad you did well while you were away from home. I know you enjoyed your grandchild. I havent seen my 2 precious grandchildren in over a week and Im having withdrawls!! I keep them 2 days a week during the school year but their mommy is a teacher and home with them for the summer. They live a little over an hour away so looks like we will be heading up there over the weekend. How old is your grandchild? Mine are 20months and 4 months.
food - breakfast- eggs with veggies
lunch - salad with grilled chicken (leftovers)
dinner- grilled porkchop, beets and green
snack- fruit and cheese

mj5 06-07-2010 08:14 AM

Good Morning! Hope everyone is doing well! The scale didn't move for me this week, but I "feel" like I lost weight...if that makes any sense. I know my pants are fitting better today and to me that is what matters!

My knee feels better today, not great, but better. I am going to the gym today. I will go easy, but need to stay w/ my routine.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!!

mizb1978 06-07-2010 08:27 AM

Good morning!

Today so far I have

B: whole wheat English muffin, Poached egg, slice reduced fat cheese, and smoked turkey breast.

Lunch: Deli chicken sandwich, yogurt, Carrot stick, string cheese and NSA applesauce.

Dinner: Ended up being Tacos. I counted points and I was able to have 3 tacos. I measured everything AND stayed under points! I don't feel hungry.

mingle 06-07-2010 10:26 AM

Good morning, ladies! :)

Beverlyjoy - glad you had a healthy day yesterday & the scale was nice to you after your week away from home!

dgramie - good for you for getting back at it on Sunday!

miz1978 - Good morning! :)

As for me, yesterday was a healthy day after my derail on Saturday, so I am thankful for that. This week, I am going to try to remove some of the processed/high sodium food from my diet. Starting by replacing my usual frozen dinner for lunch with a healthy, homemade wrap! I'm also going to swap my usual package of flavored oatmeal for 2 hardboiled eggs (one whole, one just the white). I think since I do my workouts in the morning, the extra protein in the morning will be good for me.

Breakfast
1 whole hardboiled egg
1 hardboiled egg white
1 banana

Lunch
wrap made with a light Flat Out, 2 oz. turkey, 1 oz. ham, 1 wedge light laughing cow cheese & loads of veggies
sliced cucumbers & 1 T. hummus
yogurt
apple

Snack
yogurt

Supper
taco salad

Snack
Skinny Cow 100 cal. ice cream bar

Have a wonderful, healthy day, all!! :D

TXMary2 06-07-2010 12:19 PM

This weekend and still today I am feeling hungry. On Friday and yesterday I took the kids to the pool. Yesterday we were there for four hours. I am in the pool 3/4ths of the time and when in the pool I am either moving my arms, treading water or swimming back and forth casually. Is this more exercise than I think it is? I ask because the only thing I can think of that is giving me this I am starving feeling is the swimming. I am at the tail end of TOM so it shouldn't be cravings at this point.

So far today I have had:

Coffee with my tasty creamer 90
Whole Grain toast 140
Pat and half of butter on toast 54
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese 90
1.5 cup of strawberries

I am still hungry! IT is 11:15 and if I eat lunch now that will be an early lunch. We are going to the pool again today. We bring food with us btw - so while there yesterday I had grapes, a banana, 1 string cheese and 1 oz bag of cheetos. I know the cheetos are empty calories, but I love them 1 oz at a time!

My calories the last two days were on the high end of my allowance. I want today and tomorrow to be on the low end or a little under because I weigh on Wednesday, but I don't know if I can do it feeling this way!

ANewCreation 06-07-2010 06:56 PM

Yikes! Yesterday evening was my 'carbapalooza' night. I am not proud and can't even begin to tell you what I ate. Let's just say it put me way over the calorie limit and it wasn't pretty. And, this morning during water aerobics I was feeling the carb hangover. I don't know if there is actually such a thing but I felt puny. I even had to take a nap after class. Pityful :(

Today is a new day. It's been a good day, on plan and very fruitful. I will not let one bad day derail me!

mizb1978 06-07-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXMary2 (Post 3328591)
This weekend and still today I am feeling hungry. On Friday and yesterday I took the kids to the pool. Yesterday we were there for four hours. I am in the pool 3/4ths of the time and when in the pool I am either moving my arms, treading water or swimming back and forth casually. Is this more exercise than I think it is? I ask because the only thing I can think of that is giving me this I am starving feeling is the swimming.

Sounds like you were swimming for 3 hours. That could make you hungry. Also the Sun, humidity, and heat all could factor. I know that if I am outside in the heat I tend to be more hungry. I don't know why. Most people don't like to eat when they are hot. :shrug: I have always admitted I am weird!

Today was pretty good for me. I had good energy and I even did all the dishes tonight, and cleaned the counters. Hmmm... probably should do this office next.

girlonfire 06-08-2010 02:01 AM

Today was EXCELLENT. I followed my plan exactly and drank tons of water(probably more than I should have- about 12 glasses but I get thirsty when I work out a lot)

Breakfast- 1 cup GoLean Cereal, 1/2 cup silk light soymilk, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1 tbsp honey

Lunch- 2 slices Sara Lee Light Wheat Bread, 1/4 cup avocado, 1/2 cup lettuce, .75 oz cheddar cheese, 3 bread and butter pickle chips, 1/4 cup sliced cucumber, 2 tsp honey mustard(for one deliciously laden sandwich!) 3 pita chips, and 1 small apple

Snack- 1 stalk celery, 1 tbsp peanut butter

Dinner- 1 cup red kidney beas, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup corn

Postworkout snack- 1 small apple

Exercise: W1D1 C25K for 30 minutes and 30 minutes elliptical, plus a good 15-20 minute dog walk on a hill!

Beverlyjoy 06-08-2010 07:40 AM

Hi chicks… Yesterday was a good calorie day. I am always grateful for that.
Today I am taking it easy. I have a back spasm and I know what I need to do. No bending, lifting, twisting for a few days - along with a couple of meds should do the trick. I need to take some medicine that slows down my weight loss...I am proud of my self for willingness to take it. There was a time when my mind was so 'scale driven' that I would refuse to take the medicine. This is a positive step for me.

plan, log, measure food
count calories
eat seated only
no licking spoons etc when cooking
tv off
fork down between bites
taste food
slow mindful eating
feel fullness
no seconds
gentle stretches and strengthening

breakfast - open face turkey and lite mayo sandwich, strawberries

lunch - lean pocket, salad with evoo & vinegar

snack - fiber cereal, milk, 1/2 banana

dinner - tuna salad, crackers, green bean salad

snack - sf pudding, rice cake & cheese

peachy keen - glad you had a healthy day. Twelve glasses of water is awesome.

Mizb - good to hear about your good day - I love it too, when the dishes are done! Good food plan!

anew creation - sorry to hear about ‘carbapalooza’. It is over and done - now it’s time to forgive yourself, figure out why, and hop right back on your plan. You can do this.

Txmary - indeed, all that moving around at the pool is exercise. When I seem to truly need food - protein is helpful for me. You are doing great.

Mingle - your new idea about making your own food a bit more often sounds good. It’s amazing how much salt is in processed food.

Mj - kudo’s for better fitting pants!! Glad you know that not all success is measured by that number on the scale.

Dgrammie - so glad you are hopping back on your plan after eating extra at the party. Life happens and we must carry on. My grandson is three and few months. He is four hours away. It’s wonderful that grandchildren live near to you.

Shout out to any folks stopping by.

GirlyGirlSebas 06-08-2010 08:41 AM

Good morning, Friends! :coffee:

I'm still on-plan. Today is OP day #15.:carrot: I'm still eating my 1500 daily calorie menu. Last evening, I finally found my way onto the treadmill and did an hour of walking/wogging. It was tough physically, but felt great mentally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANewCreation (Post 3329214)
And, this morning during water aerobics I was feeling the carb hangover. I don't know if there is actually such a thing but I felt puny.

Yes! There is definitely such a thing as a carb hangover. I used to get them all of the time. Mine also came with a horrible sinus headache from an allergic reaction to too much sugar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXMary2 (Post 3328591)
I am in the pool 3/4ths of the time and when in the pool I am either moving my arms, treading water or swimming back and forth casually. Is this more exercise than I think it is?

This is very good exercise. I always get hungry when I play in the water. Just think, you have to work twice as hard to move everything when you're in the water.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy (Post 3329841)
Today I am taking it easy. I have a back spasm ....

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you start feeling much better soon.

Have a great on-plan day!

mingle 06-08-2010 09:49 AM

TXMary - swimming makes me ravenous! I'm sure all that activity is contributing to the extra hunger. Maybe try to eat a hair more, but keep it really healthy, whole foods. Something high protein like a light cheese stick & some lean deli meat?

ANewCreation - good for you for getting right back at it! And remember that icky, carb-hangover feeling next time you are tempted to over-indulge (something I am trying to do, too!)

miz1978 - great work on having such a good day yesterday!!

peachykeen - you had an AWESOME day - keep it up!!

Beverlyjoy - I hope your back starts feeling better very soon! Do whatever you need to do to help yourself recuperate. And it's great to hear that your mind is in a place that you do what you need to do for your overall health, instead of just focusing on the scale!

Girlygirl - FIFTEEN days OP!! That is amazing!!!!

As for me, had a healthy day yesterday & have a great start to today. Did my 41st day of exercise in a row today & it was tough. It was a new workout I've never done that had A LOT of jumping in it. I was thankful I made it through alive! ;)

I don't know if one day of me removing processed food really could make a difference, but the scale smiled on me this morning & showed a 1.4 pound weightloss just from yesterday!! I'm hoping it sticks around for my "official" weigh-in on Thursday :)

Breakfast
1 whole hard boiled egg
1 hard boiled egg white
1 banana

Lunch
A healthy wrap (same as yesterday)
apple
yogurt
fresh broccoli
2 T. hummus

Snack
yogurt

Supper
high fiber noodles with sliced turkey sausage, diced tomatoes, fresh mushrooms, spinach, garlic, & 2% shredded cheese
steamed green beans

Snack
1 light bagel with 2 T. natural peanut butter

Have a wonderful day, ladies!!!

pinkprincess 06-08-2010 10:08 AM

Hi, I can't seem to get on program. It seems like I always have this thought in the back of my mind, tomorrow, tomorrow, when I... then I'll..., no more of these. It's time now. So If I record my eats here maybe I can get started again finally. (and made it more than one day.)

ANewCreation 06-08-2010 11:48 AM

Thanks friend for all the support and encouragement! I can't believe my weight has only gone up 2oz after Sunday night, but lesson learned and I am moving forward as suggested!

Yesterday was a good day. Today I hit the pool and swim some laps. It's very warm here and I'm looking forward to being in the water!

Have a great day everyone!

TXMary2 06-08-2010 12:19 PM

Thanks everyone for the input on the swimming. We went again yesterday, but I only got 30 minutes in before we were rained out. I was at about 1600 calories yesterday so that was better. Today I want to be under 1600 since tomorrow morning is weigh day!

Peachy- awesome day!

Girlygirl - WTG!

mingle- nice loss!

I hope everyone has an awesome day!

topsy81 06-08-2010 12:37 PM

Hi chicks, hope you don`t mind if I join in, a little late sorry.

Breakfast
2x weetabix with skimmed milk 175cals

Lunch
jacket pototo 250 cals
babybel chesse 40 cals
Apple 60 cals

Twiglets 100 cals

Tea
Chicken brest 175 cals
rice 175 cals
tom, mushroom, onions and peas 100cals

Not to sure on pudding yet, maybe yog and fruit.

Had lots of water and grren tea to drink.

mizb1978 06-08-2010 10:33 PM

Welcome Topsy and Pinkprincess!

Sorry TXMary about the rain. Rained all day here too.

Breakfast - 8
Honey wheat bagel - 3.4 pts
red fat peanut butter - 3.3 pts
Banana - 1.3

Lunch - 6
Grapes, strawberries, and pineapple - 2 pts
deli chicken sandwich on sandwich thin, w/ miracle whip and 2% cheese - 4
Dill Pickles - 0

Snack - 2.6
SB peanut butter bar - 2.6

Dinner - 6
Corn on the cob - 2
2 chicken tenders - 4

Dessert - 5.5
Banana Split - 5.5
(light ice cream 1/2 cup, banana, and 2 TBSP chocolate syrup)

Total - 28.1

I did day 3 of the EA sport active on the Wii. Earned 3 activity points.

Water hasn't been going down very well. Not sure how to get more in at work. On a happy note, the bag of chicken tenders I bought from the store are better than I thought they were. And I am learning that if you stick to the serving size, the food doesn't have to be "Diet" to be lower in points. (I know HUGE revelation!! :dizzy:);)

topsy81 06-09-2010 04:29 AM

Thanks mizb1978 for the welcome!

Know what you mean about the water not going down well, I fill a bottle up, but constantly leave it somewhere! Have started to squeeze half a lime in it, makes it taste a little better!

Beverlyjoy 06-09-2010 07:26 AM

Hi chicks - yesterday was a healthy day...am always grateful for that. Today is a quiet day. I made an appointment to see the foot/ankle surgeon for the end of June. I guess I am ready.

working on living with food:

fork down between bites
slow mindful eating
taste the food
no seconds
eat seated only
stretches and strengthening
leave a bite of food
plan/log/measure/count calories
lots of water

breakfast - pnb toast, morningstar bacon, blackberries

lunch - tai cold noodle salad, cucumber

snack - cereal, milk, fruit

dinner - chicken, sweet potato, salad, evoo, dressing

snack -sf pudding, rice cake with cheese

WELCOME topsy81 - glad you posted.

TXMary2 06-09-2010 07:37 AM

Good morning ladies. Yesterday I was a little over 1400 calories so that was good.

This morning I weighed in and only lost 1.5 pounds. I hoped for more but I suppose that is good. I really wanted to be under 240, but I am 240.2 - UGH!!

It is raining like crazy and if it doesn't clear up that means no swimming today either.

I hope you all have an awesome day!!

mizb1978 06-09-2010 08:06 AM

TXmary, great job on the loss!
Beverly, gotta love the quiet days!

So I "weigh" everyday, mainly because my only scale is the Wii fit, and I hate the annoying voice that says "You haven't tested in X days!" But my weight is slowly sliding back up. I guess it could be that I haven't drank near enough water in the last few days. I guess I will make an effort to drink more. It's not that I don't like water.. I DO, I just forget about it and don't drink.

Bfast
Special K red berries - 1/4 cup 2% milk. - 2.7 pts

Snack - probably some greek yogurt with craisins and a 1/2 crumbled granola bar

Lunch - glazed chicken Meal (generic Lean cuisine)

Possibly mini bag popcorn or other 1/2 granola bar. (depends on my schedule, at least 2 meetings today! Probably means less water as well.:yikes:)

Dinner - Not sure

Schmoodle 06-09-2010 08:34 AM

Hello, chicks! I can't believe the week is getting away from me like this! I have been craving a breakfast burrito so made myself one and enjoying it now. Very good, but I've gotta quit buying those flat out wraps. I just don't like the texture. I'll stick with TJ's ww tortillas in the future.

Sorry I haven't been around much the last week, but DH has been settling in and things have been busy. Last week of school for the kids. We had some very sad news too, DH's cousin passed away last week. She had gastric bypass a few weeks ago, and died of a pulmonary embolism. I know 3 people that have had that surgery, and only one is having success, now one is dead, a gorgeous young woman with a family left behind. I know it's helped lots of people, but no thanks, I'll keep plugging away the old-fashioned way.
My cousin and wife are in town from Minnesota, so we'll go to my mom's for dinner tonight to spend some time with them. I'd better defrost something from my freezer stash, because I think they're planning pizza.
Today should be quiet around here:
B: Breakfast burrito
S: mozzarella cheese stick, V8
L: BIG salad with a little pork tenderloin on it, beans
S: skim latte, cottage cheese
D: defrosted something - taco bake maybe

BJ, congrats on keeping things under control while you were away!:carrot:
mj, "feeling" smaller is a wonderful thing! enjoy
dgramie, have a great time with your babies this weekend.
hello, mizb
mingle, great idea. Protein in the morning really helps me stay on track. Removing the processed also means removing salt, so maybe you dropped some water.
Hey, Mary, there is no hungry like pool hungry! I also have a few days just before TOM each month when I am ravenous. You'll be under 240 any minute.
ANew, I definitely get a carb hangover - headache, nausea, achiness, tired. No fun!
You go Rhonda! You are on a roll!
Welcome topsy and princess!

It's raining, so don't know about walking today, but I'll have to get some exercise in somewhere. Gotta run some errands too - planning a party this weekend, and desperately need some new pants (but not in the good way).

GirlyGirlSebas 06-09-2010 08:49 AM

Good morning, Friends.:coffee: Pink Princess and Topsy, welcome to the group! I predict that you're gonna love it around here. :D I sure do.

Schmoodle, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's cousin. That is just tragic. My heart hurts for her whole family.
Beverly - You have been suffering for quite a while. I'm glad to hear that you might finally be able to get some relief.
Miz - water is my issue, too. I forget to drink it! Crazy, huh?

Well, I'm still on-plan and doing well. I have a meeting last evening, so no treadmill. I'm hoping to get on this afternoon. I have an 8 hour audit call today, so we'll see. I may only feel like going to bed for some rest!

Have a great on-plan day.

Trazey34 06-09-2010 09:39 AM

rain rain rain :(

Br: big scoop cottage cheese, a bowl of cereal & milk & banana, coffee
LU: crazy ton of veg in it veg soup LOL, crusty wheat roll, salad
Din: kind of the best thing ever.... warm taco meat (1/2 lean ground beef, 1/2 ground turkey breast & taco seasoning) spread over a baked potato, humongous scoop of salsa on it, and a dollop of low fat sour cream WOW could not be yummier LOL side salad with it.
Dessert: M&M Frozen Strawberry juice bar! wow, again, so good! 90 cals and it's BIG and there's chewy bits of real berries in it, awesssssome!

topsy81 06-09-2010 02:11 PM

Ok my plan has gone ok today, hope everyone else has too.

Breakfast
weetabix and milk 200 cals

Grapes and cherries 100 cals

Lunch
Jacket potatoes 300 cals
Babybel 45
Cherry toms 10
Apple 60

Tea
Cod in parsley sauce 150
pasta 250
spinage 30

Had lots of cups of tea and water today so maybe another 100 cals on milk.

Going for a long walk ths evening.

mj5 06-09-2010 03:29 PM

Hi everyone! My knee is doing icky again...ugh, so sick of this! Good thing I have an appt w/ my ortho soon.

Today I am taking it easy. Just waiting until I can go pick up Casey at the vet....she had her tooth pulled today. I thought I was going to be able to get her at 3, but when I called they said 5. Ugh, I want her to come home!!! She is doing fine, though, which is what matters. I was supposed to meet friends for our book club meeting tonight, but I won't be able to go tonight, which is fine. Staying home and snuggling w/ Casey will make her (and me) feel better!!

Have a great OP afternoon/evening!!!!

mingle 06-09-2010 04:10 PM

Good afternoon ladies.

Well, I didn't have such a great yesterday. Received the really heartbreaking news that my sister-in-law, who is 26 & 1/2 weeks pregnant with triplets, lost one of the babies :( It is devastating to my brother & sister-in-law, & our whole family. They've tried for nearly 14 years to have a baby, & to lose one this late in the pregnancy is so sad :(

So, of course, I did what I always do - turn to food when I'm sad/angry/stressed. I'm upset with myself, but not focusing on it too much. I just have to move on, & not let this derail my efforts.

After a crappy night's sleep, I so did not want to work out this morning at 5am, but did anyway. And I'm glad I did. Felt much better afterwards. Food has been good so far today, but evenings are always where I struggle. I am committed to dealing with my feelings, rather than burying them under a binge, though. May I do better tonight than I did last night!

I hope you are all having a wonderful, healthy day. :)

mizb1978 06-09-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizb1978 (Post 3331916)
Bfast
Special K red berries - 1/4 cup 2% milk. - 2.7 pts

Snack - probably some greek yogurt with craisins and a 1/2 crumbled granola bar

Lunch - glazed chicken Meal (generic Lean cuisine)

Possibly mini bag popcorn or other 1/2 granola bar. (depends on my schedule, at least 2 meetings today! Probably means less water as well.:yikes:)

Dinner - Not sure

Well my plan went somewhat according to plan.

Breakfast - stayed same

Morning snack - Whole Wheat english muffin with SF jam

Lunch was the generic meal, with some added veggies, and the greek yogurt and granola bar, craisin combo.

Afternoon snack - nada (too many people wanting me to do too many things.. VERY busy. :eek:)

Dinner - oven roasted chicken sandwich from subway

WHEW! I got 32 oz water in.. I will try and get the rest in. Hopefully I won't be up all night going potty!

23 minutes of Wii Sports active and I am TIRED! I am doing the 30 day challenge, and it is kicking my butt!!!

Mingle - Sooooo sorry to hear about your brother and sister-in-law. That has to be the worst news. :hug:

Mj - Hope Casey is feeling better soon!

Trazey - Ugh about the rain! I hate rainy days, and it is supposed to rain on my day off this week!! GRRRR

Schmoodle - I don't buy the low carb/W Wheat tortillas. I really haven't found one I like. I hear AWESOME things about trader joes, but the closest one is in Chicago, three hours away! Oh well, looks like they are opening up one in Omaha. Maybe I can buy some stuff when I go and visit my sister and brother in law.

mingle 06-10-2010 07:43 AM

Good morning, ladies :)

Yesterday was a much healthier day, which I am so grateful for. Kept my food in check & exercise was good. Talked to my brother yesterday, and even though they are still struggling & mourning, I think they are doing okay... or as good as they can given the circumstances. Thank you for the hugs, mizb1978 :)

Did a good workout this morning & ready for another great day. We are leaving to go camping this afternoon for the weekend, so that will be a bit of a challenge, but have a good plan in place to make sure I have plenty of healthy food options. Will be nice to do some hiking & swimming for exercise.

I probably won't be able to get on here again until Sunday afternoon when we get home, so I just hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Stay healthy & know that we can all do this!! :)

Beverlyjoy 06-10-2010 07:43 AM

Hi chicks....yesterday was a healthy day - am always grateful for that.

I need to concentrate on the 'living with food' tasks. I am getting 'slopppy' with these.

Today is appointments.

...having trouble deciding this morning. But, I know I do better when I plan.

breakfast - 1/2 whole wheat english muffin, strawberries, morningstar bacon

lunch - egg and cheese sandwich with lite mayo, steamed brocoli

snack - fiber cereal, almond milk, fruit

dinner - chicken, brown rice, asparagus

snack - rice cake with cheese, sf pudding

I will try to get back with personals later today. Have a great day. Treat yourself as well as you'd treat a good friend.

GirlyGirlSebas 06-10-2010 07:49 AM

Good morning! :coffee: I have an audit starting in 13 minutes, so no time for chat. Just wanted to let you all know that I'm doing well. Still on-plan. :D

Have a great on-plan day!

Beverlyjoy 06-11-2010 07:49 AM

Hi chicks...yesterday I stayed in my calorie range - am always grateful for that.

I only have a little time this story. Company is coming for the weekend - my bestest friend. yay

I am sorry I haven't had time to do personals much this week. Carry on to those of you staying on plan!! Never stop trying to any folks struggling. I am wishing everyone the 'willingness' to keep going forward in our journey.

Have a great day!

breakfast - peanut butter toast, strawberries

lunch - cereal, milk, egg white scramble with veggies and ketchup.

snack - homemade hummus and veggies

dinner - half of a grilled chicken sub, salad

snack - strawberries with lite cool whip

mizb1978 06-11-2010 08:28 AM

Good morning! Today is my Bf's B-day, so in honor of that I took the day off work! (YAY ME!)

Yesterday went ok

Breakfast - 3.8
sandwich Thin - 1.1
2 egg whites - .7
1 slice red fat cheddar cheese - 1.3
1 oz deli ham -.7

Snack - 2.6
SB PB bar - 2.6

Lunch - 12.4
Tortilla - 3.3
2 chicken strips - 3.7
1 slice colby jack cheese - 1.6
2 PB Granola bar - 3.8
Single serve steamed veggies - 0

Snack - 2
turkey jerky - 2

Dinner - 7.3
3 taco shells - 3.5
1/2 cup meat - 2.2
2 T cheese - 1.5

Dessert - 2.4
Light ice cream 1/2 cup - 2.4

Total for day - 30.5
Activity Points earned - 3
New total - 27.5

Hmmm not a lot of veggies or fruit yesterday. I did get all my water in.:carrot:

I ALMOST forgot the best part. Today on "official" weigh-in day, I am at..... 237.4 down 2 lbs from last week!

Schmoodle 06-11-2010 10:20 AM

This is what my breakfast looks like when I don't plan ahead and am busy. I just start grabbing things: two bites of leftover beef, leftover NSA chocolate pudding, ten triscuits, coffee. Will be more balanced the rest of the day!
L: Beef wrap
S: skim latte
D: kale and white bean soup, sauteed beet greens
S: ricotta dessert

I'm hosting a graduation party for my nephew tomorrow so lots to do today, mowing, cleaning, cooking. Oh, and let's not forget I have to work today!

mingle
, I'm so sorry for your family's loss. :hug:

ANewCreation 06-11-2010 10:22 AM

Wow this has been a busy week.

I think my increased time in the pool has jump started a little whoosh. 2.2# lost this week. Wow. I think I might just see the 180's this summer if I keep this up.

Have a great weekend everyone!

gshillitani 06-11-2010 01:58 PM

New to this

Hi, I know I'm late joining in. I just found this thread. I will give you the short version and tell you I have been on plan all week, going to the gym also and looks like I have lost 5 lbs this week! I just started this new way of eating on Sunday, and I weighed 309.6 then. Today I weighed 304.2. I can hardly believe it but I'll take what I got! I haven't posted enough to get a ticker, but my goal is around 150.

I have to find a way to get more protein and less carbs in my diet. They're healthy carbs, but still carbs. Other than that I think I am doing pretty well.

So today I had:

B: whole grain toast, 1 egg + 1 egg white, spray margarine, greek yogurt, and a nectarine
S: Kashi granola bar
L: leftover whole wheat pasta, 1 cup, plus about 2 oz. meatballs and 1/2 cup of sauce with a tsp of grated cheese, pineapple and cherries
S: nectarine
D: same as lunch plus a salad, minus the fruit

Nice "meeting" y'all and I'll try to remember to post in this forum every day!

GirlyGirlSebas 06-12-2010 10:55 AM

Good morning, Friends! I'm so glad it's the weekend. I have so much to get accomplished before my family comes for a visit on the 30th. The weekends are the only times I can get anything accomplished.

Mingle - I'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss. :hug:

Gshillitani - Welcome to the Accountability thread! Posting here does help to keep me on track. I hope it does the same for you and I look forward to getting to know you better. I see that you're from Tampa. I moved from Tampa 3 years ago, but most of our family is still there. Regarding getting more protein, I am not eating any grains or meat right now. I'm not vegetarian, but my daughter is and I've had to find alternative protein sources. In the morning, I have a smoothie with soy milk, whey protein powder, a banana and ground flax. The soy and protein powder really help. At lunch, I have a salad with spring greens, tomatoes, bell pepper and 1/2 cup of edamame. The edamame really gives me a good dose of protein. For dinner, I usually have a veggie burger and 2 cups of steamed or sauteed veggies. The veggie burgers are made with beans and have good protein. For my snacks I have apple slices with natural peanut butter, cottage cheese with fruit or a microwaved sweet potato. The peanut butter and cottage cheese add good protein. Other healthy alternatives are beans, lentils, nuts and quinoa.

So far, I'm really doing a great job of staying on-plan. Last evening, Hubby and I went out for sushi. This was a planned outing for me. I did not get my usual glass of plum wine and I did not bring home ice cream for myself afterward. The girls made a special request for ice cream, so we picked them up small containers that won't sit around in the freezer for long. Each of these victories is making me feel stronger and stronger! :D

Although I have not posted personals to each of you, I am enjoying reading your posts and I am cheering each of you on!

Have a great on-plan day.

ANewCreation 06-12-2010 01:53 PM

Hello everyone! I hope you're having a great on plan weekend.

Made it to the pool 5x this week. Swim lesson this morning and things began to click for me. I am so excited and I can't wait to practice lap swimming this coming week!

I always have trouble planning my meals. It's just a really weak area. I think I do okay as far as calorie/portions but I KNOW I could make better choices if I planned better.

To help myself plan better I cleaned out my fridge. I had some expired food so I threw that away and I also had some food we just didn't care for (ex. pulled rotissiere chicken from Costco--yuck!) so I also got rid of that too. Now, I need to start pulling some of the good stuff out of the freezer and I need to go to the grocery store and get some fresh salad fixings.

I am really going to try harder to account for what I'm eating here. I think it's a big help. If I plan out ahead of time then I won't be racking my brain at the end of the day to report in. Anyone else have a hard time remembering what they ate earlier in the day???? I do--LOL!

B- black coffee, protein bar
200c
S- prunes, nuts
270 c
L- burger patty, steamed broccoli
500c
S- greek yogurt/ fruit
160c
D- shrimp, green salad
350c

That should be a total of 1500c. This gives me a little wiggles room for a 100 calorie snack before bed.

Let's see if I can do this... ;)

gshillitani 06-12-2010 09:08 PM

Thanks for the advice! According to the calorie tracker I'm using, my protein is nearly double the RDA but my trainer keeps telling me to eat more protein. I don't understand it and I'm going to discuss it with him next week. My other areas are right on target (fat and carbs). Oh and that 5 lb weight loss was a fluke - according to today's weighing I've only lost 2 lbs this week. Anyway, here's today's menu:

B: cottage cheese, yogurt, banana
S: kashi granola bar
L: multi-seed crackers and lc cheese
D: baked chicken breast, brown and wild rice, squash, pea pods, mushrooms
S: undetermined (I still have 369 calories left for today)

Gina