3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   6 months, (almost) 40 lbs gone (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/200859-6-months-almost-40-lbs-gone.html)

PeanutsMom704 05-03-2010 08:11 AM

thanks toomuchmoxie, mmiller2829, time2lose and cita!!

PeanutsMom704 05-03-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toomuchmoxie (Post 3273849)
That is awesome! You made up your mind and you did it, and that's so inspiring for those of us who are struggling.
I'd love to hear what kind of workout you're doing on the WiiFit - I haven't really figured out what works - the hula hooping doesn't really burn calories for me. Definitely let me know..

check out this thread re: Wii http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-s...-obsessed.html

At this point, I don't really use the Wii Fit for my exercise, although I still enjoy playing some of the games with my son. It was a good way for me to get back into regular activity, but overall, I think it's not challenging enough for me anymore. So I have a couple of different games I use on the Wii (I *love* the Golds Gym game) and I use those plus exercise videos I get from On Demand on cable, like Walk Away the Pounds and a Biggest Loser last chance workout with Jillian.

I also have an exercise bike but I don't use that as much as I should.

renstwin 05-03-2010 09:00 AM

Congrats Peanuts! You have done an amazing job losing those 40 pounds. It is not about how fast we lose, just that we are losing. Keep up the great work!

PS. I love WATP and have almost every single one. Do you have a favorite? My two favorites are the 4 mile super challenge and the 3 mile weight loss walk where Mary Kay leads her own mile! Check 'em out if you haven't tried them yet.

Eliana 05-03-2010 09:18 AM

Six months, half a year! That's a lot of time. I'm so proud of the accomplishments you have made. I consider six months to be a major milestone in my own journey. It's the half way point to the commitment I made to myself to give it one year. And I'm right behind you. ;)

JustBeckyV 05-03-2010 09:27 AM

Nothing wrong with slow and steady. You need to work at your pace for it to work! Congrats on the 40 lbs!!

ubergirl 05-03-2010 09:34 AM

Congratulations PeanutsMom!!!! Since we're close in height I know that the difference between the 260s and the 220s is really significant! 220s feels terrific!

Don't judge yourself on pace!!! I know I've done that to myself lots of times. I am in AWE of people who lose one hundred pounds or more in a year, but honestly, sometimes I'm even MORE in awe of the slow and steady people. Since I lost very fast in the beginning, I know it's EASY to keep on track when you are wearing a new size every two weeks..!!! But people who just keep trending downward over the course of one, two, three or four years-- I mean, that is just super-admirable and represents true ongoing lifestyle change.

Judy Lynn 05-03-2010 10:01 AM

I think you are doing fantastic! I like your attitude. Not focusing on quick weightloss, but the process and the lifestyle changes are the things that are going to stick with you forever. Even little things like playing Wii fit games with your son; they all add up and are going to benefit both of you in the long run.

BTW, I have lost just a little more than you - but in almost a year (well, about 10 months)! And I am ecstatic. I feel so much better, and that is what it is all about for me. Wellness, and feeling well. I felt like crap 48 pounds ago. Now I feel pretty good most of the time.

Keep it up chickie, you are on the right track. :hug:

findingfawn 05-03-2010 10:09 AM

Way to go!

Thanks for such an inspirational post :) I really need it right now as I find my way in the right direction once again.

Asherdoodles87 05-03-2010 10:27 AM

Congrats PeanutsMom! You have done a great job. If you keep losing then in 6 more months you might be down another 40lbs. That would be 80lbs in a year, and that is no small feat. Your loss is great. I love reading your posts; there always so knowledgeable. Weight loss isn't a contest about who loses the most and fastest. You're getting healthy, you lost the weight, and you're life is changing for the better. Keep it up! ;)

Beverlyjoy 05-03-2010 10:47 AM

This is wonderful!

I am so happy and proud for you and this terrific accomplishment.

PeanutsMom704 05-03-2010 10:57 AM

thank you renstwin, Eliana, JustBeckyV, ubergirl, Judy Lynn, findingfawn, and Asherdoodles87!

I'm so glad I posted because even though I had been waiting to hit 6 months, with April being a tough month for me and ending up with a gain for the month, I almost didn't post this, since I wasn't feeling that great about my weight loss journey. But then I decided that yes, staying on my journey for 6 months, even with ups and downs, was still a really great thing.

And if I had asked myself 6 months ago whether I'd rather be the same weight or almost 40 lbs less, I think we all know the answer to that!

PeanutsMom704 05-03-2010 10:57 AM

and thanks Beverlyjoy too, we cross posted!

Sandi 05-04-2010 04:37 PM

Congrats!!

I can relate to a lot of what you said in your post. This is the very 1st time that I am treating this like a marathon and not a race. I am truly more interested in staying on plan week after week after week than I am in big numbers. I am keeping my calories high (2000) and as long as the scale moves, it's a win. This needs to be something I can do for life because I am sure as **** not losing all this weight, just to gain it back!

diabetic z 05-04-2010 05:09 PM

Way To Go!!!

:bravo:
You've done great and should be proud of yourself. Congrats.

PeanutsMom704 05-05-2010 07:59 AM

Thanks Sandi and diabetic z!!