Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 12:04 PM   #1  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Default Decisions

Hey Ladies...

I've decided I'm going to stop going to Weight Watchers. I'm not sure what the point of paying $9 a week to get on a scale and hear stuff I already know is. I have a scale at home. I am the of weight loss information, especially the behavior stuff. I just don't ever use my knowledge.

So, I'm going to try it on my own. I'm staying away from a strict plan. I'm going to try "eat when your physically hungry, don't eat when you're not." I'm also going to up my water intake and get some daily walking in.

The best part? My scale is a few pounds lower than the WW scale. So, I'm changing my weight to 220 (that's what it was this morning.)
Old 09-15-2002, 10:06 AM   #2  
hot mom wanna be!

Hey Jennelle,
I know exactly what you mean. I have done this before myself. Why pay them money to weigh you?? I hate to sound cynical but usually the meetings where I used to go are "fluff". Like for example when Haloween comes they will say "does anyone have any ideas for dealing with Halloween??" we will say "buy candy you hate so you wont eat it"--duh!! Or for holiday parties-eat a snack before you go so you arent starving and wont go off plan. All this is stuff we know already and probably do or maybe dont do but why pay for it?? The best part of the meetings is getting awards for losing weight. A ribbon, some applause. Maybe we can do that for ourselves with our family. Make your own ribbons!!
good luck to you!!
laura
Old 09-15-2002, 11:22 AM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, Laura! So far, so good. I did a good job of only eating when I was hungry yesterday. We had pizza delivered while we were watching the football game I'd taped (Ole Miss lost ). I could've have stopped at one piece, but I did stop at two. That's pretty good....pizza is a red light food for me and usually I would eat it until I was near sick.
Old 09-15-2002, 09:50 PM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Jennelle - I know what you mean. It's hard to pay the money after a while. I can do WW on my own, it's just doing it. I used to come and go here. Come when I wanted to start over and go when I was doing bad. I made myself a promise when I quit WW. Come here no matter what. That's why you'll still see me when I'm doing bad. I need to be accountable to someone.

I have recently been thinking the same thing about just eating healthier, smaller portions. But for now, I need the structure of the points. Good Luck!!
Old 09-15-2002, 10:41 PM   #5  

Hey now I took offense to the "fluff" comment. My mom is a Weight Watcher leader and their job is to help members figure out better ways in which to change their eating habits. Sorry to say some people never thought of the idea of buying something they hate. Ok not pointing fingers exactly just trying to make you guys aware that there are a lot of people out there who are clueless and need the support.

Kim
338.5/338.5/170
Old 09-16-2002, 08:43 AM   #6  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Height: 5'0"

I'm still going to the meetings - right now I have 4 pre-pays left. This is the way I figured it - if it took me a year to lose the weight and someone told me that it would cost me $520 (52 weeks x $10) to lose my weight would I do it? Y E S!! Right now I am motivated when I leave the meeting - and that's enough for me. I also consider my meeting a "night out" - from my 2 year old. I have quit many times thinking I could do this on my own - I never could. For those of you that can - GO FOR IT! If you are not sure if you can - use up your "free passes" and see how you do during that time.

BTW.. I love the rewards too. I have received my bookmark along with the 5 lb stars. I have my key chain with my little applause for loyalty. I also have my 25 lb magnet.

I am looking forward to my 50, 75, and 100 lb magnets too. Did you know that WW sends you a plaque when you reach 100 lbs lost? It's signed by the founder - cool, eh?

Good Luck Jennelle.. no matter what you will always have our support!

Dana
Old 09-16-2002, 11:10 AM   #7  

Jannelle, I understand exactly how you are feeling. But for me, I needed the information in order to get started, and I only do WW online. I will probably stop that when my prepaid time is up, but for now, it is working just great. I feel as if I am doing better on this plan than I was on my own.
Good luck on your own. I know that you can do it. If the meetings do not help with motivation, and you already have the information that is essential, I don't see you having any problems!
Closed Thread