3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   When did you feel it? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/194506-when-did-you-feel.html)

carter 02-17-2010 06:36 PM

If you're frustrated with not seeing a difference, try carrying a 30-pound sack of cat litter up the stairs. Just a few months ago you carried that sack of cat litter around with you everywhere you went.

If you can't see a difference yet, at least you can feel that difference very concretely.

astrophe 02-17-2010 08:25 PM

I can tell now, with less than 10 lbs gone because my pants feel looser.

Nobody else has noticed yet though. I think i it is going to vary for everyone.

A.

Brit 02-17-2010 08:39 PM

about 50 pounds

Val424 02-17-2010 08:58 PM

I have only lost a little over 20 pounds so far, but I notice it in the pants waist (much more comfortable but I don't really see it in the mirror yet

PeanutsMom704 02-17-2010 08:58 PM

I'm also almost at 30 lbs down, and had a similar starting weight and I've whined on these boards several times about no one outside my mom noticing, or at least affirmatively saying anything.

Part of my issue is that I haven't really changed clothing sizes and I'm wearing almost all the same stuff. However, even if I do wear something new, people compliment my outfit, the color I'm wearing, etc. but nothing about my size.

I was very upset about it last week, this week it's not bothering me as much. Who knows what next week will be though!

PeanutsMom704 02-17-2010 09:01 PM

oh, whoops, you asked about when people noticed their loss, not when others did. Sorry!!

I think for me, somewhere around 12 lbs, I could start to see a bit of difference - not necessarily enough for anyone else to notice, but I could tell.

And then is still seems to come in waves - I won't really feel like I see any difference, but then a few days later, it's like "hey, I feel/look smaller!"

JustBeckyV 02-17-2010 09:05 PM

For me it was close to 50 as well - I still don't feel like others see me though.

oodlesofnoodles 02-17-2010 09:08 PM

When I was at my highest, people started noticing once I lost like 20 or so, though I didn't see much of a difference.

This time around (started at 227) people started noticing once I lost 10.

ScarlettDrawl 02-17-2010 09:27 PM

Right about where I am now, so 40-50 lbs. It's a great feeling that definitely keeps me going. The more my collarbones show, the more I know I'm doing something right!

oodlesofnoodles 02-18-2010 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarlettDrawl (Post 3158115)
Right about where I am now, so 40-50 lbs. It's a great feeling that definitely keeps me going. The more my collarbones show, the more I know I'm doing something right!

HA! I do the same thing! I'm always feeling up my collarbone in the shower. It's weird.

duckyyellowfeet 02-18-2010 12:29 AM

I'm at 40 lbs. lost and its just in the last couple days that I've started noticing much of a difference. When I had lost 30lbs. i noticed smaller changes, but nothing major.

traci in training 02-18-2010 01:53 AM

I notice after a week of eating clean - my rings are loose because I'm not retaining so much water and my digestive system is happy. As far as looking or feeling different - I notice in how my clothes fit but not in how I look. DH says I look smaller but he's just being nice. Last time I started to look a lot different when I got below 200, so I hope to look slim and trim in 14 pounds. :-) Hey, a girl can hope, right?

catherinef 02-18-2010 03:52 AM

I noticed changes in how my clothing fit at about 20 pounds. Suddenly, the legs and seat of my fat pants got quite loose. I could *see* the difference at about 40.

marigrace 02-18-2010 06:22 AM

I started to feel better just after a week or two...my knees didn't hurt as much going up and down the stairs, and the early signs of diabetes ll went away. Around 20 lbs it made a difference in the way my clothes fit...no longer so tight that it hurt to wear them. At around 30(where I am now) I am fitting into clothes that I haven't been able to wear in a while. That was made a real difference.
Here is my big tip: If you can, buy a few new things to wear, or look through your closet for things you might have forgotten. For me weight loss really becomes obvious when I don't wear the same clothes I wore 27 lbs ago.

Eliana 02-18-2010 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carter (Post 3157804)
If you're frustrated with not seeing a difference, try carrying a 30-pound sack of cat litter up the stairs. Just a few months ago you carried that sack of cat litter around with you everywhere you went.

If you can't see a difference yet, at least you can feel that difference very concretely.

That sounds like advice I'd give. :D One of my favorite things to do is hunt down household items that weigh as much as I've lost and hop onto the scale with them to watch the number go back up to what it used to be. Endless amusement! Some day I'm going to have lost as much as my son weighs and I'll get a picture of him on my back and us on the scale.