3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   When did you feel it? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/194506-when-did-you-feel.html)

Kayhm0711 02-17-2010 03:36 PM

When did you feel it?

When did you start feeling like you had lost weight or was getting smaller. I have lost almost 30lbs from my heaviest, and I don't feel like it at all. My boyfriend says he can't really tell, but his excuse is he is with me all the time so he doesn't notice.

How many pounds did it take till you were like wow, I am losing weight!!!

Idealmuse 02-17-2010 03:48 PM

Kayhm0711 - I began heavier but with nearly the same BMI as you I didn't really start feeling the loss until about 40lbs and no one commented until about 60. The good news is the smaller you get the more small changes are visual. Now when I lose 5lbs you can usually tell. Just hang in there it gets better from here. :)

ubergirl 02-17-2010 03:55 PM

I started noticing it right away... ten pounds! But partly because I was really careful to pat myself on the back for any tiny difference....the main difference for me was stuff like not getting so winded walking upstairs.

It's hard in the beginning because you don't change clothing size. And people don't notice. But then, they do, and they won't stop!

Sunrose 02-17-2010 03:58 PM

For me, it was about 20-30 pounds before I really noticed and around 30-40 before others started noticing. I also think it can be true to a certain point that if you are around a person a lot then you won't notice, because the daily changes are more subtle. It's also true that the smaller I get, each pound makes a bigger difference and is more noticeable than when I was larger.

time2lose 02-17-2010 04:02 PM

I was having a great deal of knee pain before starting to lose weight and I could tell some difference in that when I had lost about 20 pounds. Otherwise, I had to lose about 40 pounds before I started seeing and feeling a difference but then it seemed that everything improved overnight. I think that I just was not in the mindset to see and feel the difference.

rockinrobin 02-17-2010 04:02 PM

It took me close to 50 lbs lost to start seeing *somewhat* of a difference.

It takes time, but I kept telling myself over and over and over again, that as long as I stuck with it the weight WOULD come off and that it would eventually show - so I stuck with it - and it DID eventually show. Oh boy did it ever. The rewards, once they start surfacing - whoa - hold on tight - because you're in for a FABULOUS ride. :)

getittogether 02-17-2010 04:30 PM

I'm down now almost 20 and I don't see it. My pants fit now so that's great but no size difference. I'm a size 12 and wondering how much I'll have to lose inorder to go down a size. I'm guessing a lot.....On top, I noticed the bra was a little big. In my face I don't see anything. I'm thinking at the 30lb mark I'll really feel different.

matt_H 02-17-2010 04:45 PM

It is always hard to see it yourself. The best way is in pictures. Do you have a picture of yourself 30 pounds heavier? Take a picture of yourself now and compare it.

Michelle98272 02-17-2010 04:54 PM

I could see my cheek bones and jawline at 7lbs down. (I've only lost 9 so far) I can tell a difference in not getting winded going up the flight of stairs at my boyfriend's house and my knees don't hurt all the time.

I can't really tell anywhere else though.

roxmysox 02-17-2010 05:06 PM

The first time I lost weight (started at a lower weight that time...) I noticed after about 25 lbs, and I felt great! This time, the changes seem to be taking longer, but I am starting out a LOT heavier. GL! Stick to it!

Eliana 02-17-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt_H (Post 3157614)
It is always hard to see it yourself. The best way is in pictures. Do you have a picture of yourself 30 pounds heavier? Take a picture of yourself now and compare it.

This was my thought too. I still don't see it until I look at a picture and it's a pretty big difference. My eyes adjust to the new me daily. Others started noticing at 30 lbs.

I noticed a difference in my clothes within about 10 pounds.

goldferris 02-17-2010 05:37 PM

I'm 14 pounds down and I've noticed it already, although that may be because of all the exercise. I think my body shape is changing in addition to getting lighter. I'm betting that affects things too.

I both feel and see the change. My mom noticed my slimming bod, too. It's good times.

It'll happen to you eventually. Chin up!

eclipse 02-17-2010 05:59 PM

I'm really starting to notice it now, and I'm down 35 lbs.

HomeHealthRN29 02-17-2010 06:01 PM

I noticed after about 15 pounds...in my face and boobs. Now I'm down 20 and can really notice in my fingers, lol......rings are getting big.

knobhdy 02-17-2010 06:09 PM

I have a kind of messed up sense of body image.
At about 30 pounds down some days I feel amazing, and really thin and other days I feel like a very large cow.

I do agree with the pictures thing. I am going to take my next round of progress pictures next week. I can't wait to compare them to the last set.

Hang in there. You'll see it eventually and in all the right ways.