Old 04-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default withdrawals for sweets

I dont know if this exists or If im super pathetic, but I've been eating healthy without any cheats at all up until about 2 weeks ago where I literally ate disgusting every day (chips or chocolate once a day) cos of exams and stress. I'm done exams now and have cut that crap out 100% again and am back on track with the gym. It's day one and I'm in a TERRIBLE mood, craving sugar like no other, and am generally just irritable and super angry at the world. I want it now. and Bad.

What to do?

Last edited by luckystreak; 04-16-2012 at 09:12 PM.
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #2  
The Future is Bright!

Fruit!

Delicious fruit with it's natural sugar, but also made mostly of water with fiber and vitamins.

Watermelons, oranges, strawberries, bananas, apples, blackberries, blueberries, cantaloupe - with just a spoonful of peanut butter or cinnamon or dark chocolate if you really want, but it's not necessary.

You're not pathetic. Sugar is habit forming in the same way cigarettes are. I had to cut sugar (other than fruits) out of my diet completely, but it's up to you to determine to what extent you can avoid it.

Last edited by Chain; 04-16-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #3  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

I am the same way! Major Carb addict! Lately I have been doing this:
1 apple sliced and sprinkled with a small amount on cinnamon sugar
served with 1a tablespoon almond butter with a small amount of cocoa powder and cinnamon mixed in it.. very complex flavor but a healthy snack all for around 150-200 calories.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Height: 5'5"

wow! i dont think I could ever cut out sweets
But I know what you mean, I get into this crazy cycle that I'll eat something salty and then crave something sweet or vice versa. I have a huge sweet tooth so this was obviously terrible for my weight.

What I do now is i bought a bag of little Dove/Hersheys 1 inch individually wrapped chocolates and pop one or two of those when i get a craving and it works! Its about 40-50 calories for one chocolate and they are so rich and creamy that that squashes the craving better than eating a whole candy bar or something.
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote