Old 10-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/150

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Default Sagging skin

Hello all,

I am in the process of lossing my weight. So far I have lost over 65 lbs with out sagging skin yet. I was wondering if anyone has experienced sagging skin when they lost most of the weight. I am worried since I have so much weight to lose that I am going to have saggy skins espically around my waist.
uclr0028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Yep, I've got it. I wouldn't worry about it though. Even the most saggiest skin is easier to hide underneath clothing as opposed to obesity. Plus, there is always the possiblity of surgery. Besides, saggy skin doesn't usually effect health--just a superficial thing.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:25 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Might wanna check this FAQ out, very informative - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body...skin-faqs.html
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

Height: 5'6"

A lot depends on your age and how fast you lose the weight. This is why I won't get a bypass because of the skin problems. I lost 130lbs at age 34 and no problems. That was lost over about 13 months. Fast forward 25 years and I lost 90lbs and there was a little sagging. I didn't think muscle tone had much to do with it until I was at my son's house for 8 months with no pool and I started to look like the Pillsbury doughboy; nornally, when I swim 3X a week, even though I'm obese I'm firm. So, that's a factor unless of course the sagging is excessive like on Big Medicine. Insurance won't cover this so I would rather go slow.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:54 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

I've lost 92lb and some of my skin is nwo lsoe ( I wouldn't say saggy as it's more lose that saggy - and wrinkled looking). It's mainly at the top of my legs and doesn't look good but no one's ever going to see. I dread to think how loose my skin will be after another 50lb+ loss. I have noticed though sometimes my skin gets looser for a while then tightens up again. I'm excercising 5 or 6 days a week and hoping that will help.
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

I'm reallly worried about sagging skin too especially around my stomach area. Now when I go to the gym I just suck in my tummy when I work out some times because when I use to do boxing the instructor would tell us to squeeze in our stomach. Hopefully that helps cause I hate doing crunches.
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I would add, make sure that you are getting enough healthy fats in your diet. I think that has helped my skin tone everywhere.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 226/158.2/137

Height: 5'6

I have extra skin in my tummy and breasts but it is not enough to be saggy
nineoceansaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:12 AM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
Yep, I've got it. I wouldn't worry about it though. Even the most saggiest skin is easier to hide underneath clothing as opposed to obesity. Plus, there is always the possiblity of surgery. Besides, saggy skin doesn't usually effect health--just a superficial thing.
^^This.^^

Quite frankly saggy skin was the least of my worries. And let me tell you, when I was super morbidly obese - I worried. I had terrible anxiety. I worried that I would drop dead from a heart attack or develop some totally avoidable horrendous disease - like the tons of obesity related cancers. I would lie awake at night planning out my funeral and who would take care of my 3 children. I worried how I would face another day with no energy and horrendous knee pain.

When I decided to lose the weight, saggy skin never entered my mind.

And luckily upon losing the weight, I no longer lay away at night worrying about dreaded diseases, who will care for my children and planning my funeral.

Do I have some saggy skin? You betcha. Would I prefer not to have? If I stop to think about, well yes, I suppose. But it is totally and completely undetectable in my enormous collection of clothing - my size XS, petite and size 2's and 4's clothing, that is.

And like our dear Meg always says, if you're that displeased with the results, you can always gain the weight back. Something tells me it won't come down to that.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
^^This.^^
And like our dear Meg always says, if you're that displeased with the results, you can always gain the weight back. Something tells me it won't come down to that.
Well said!
tchrnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/150

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

You are correct..Gaining weight back..NOT an option.
uclr0028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #12  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
^^This.^^

yes! All of what Robin & Thighs said! I love the part in the quote the best

I do have loose skin but in all honesty I'm happy I'm not 286 pounds any more. There are ways to hide loose skin or even fix it....or give it time and it might slowly start to firm a little. My arms are a lost cause but my legs are starting to do that.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I also wanted to mention something. I do have the saggy or "loose" skin. The only place it shows underneath very fitted clothing (even thin slacks and things) is at the tops (and backs) of my legs. I invested $36 for a set of Spanx that starts at my tummy and go to just above my knee. I am so very surprised how comfortable it is on and how nice I look in my slacks now--it made a huge difference.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #14  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I have saggy skin on my tummy and noticeable deflation in my boobies now. But I've noticed that it seems to look better over time as my body adjusts itself. The tummy will never fix itself due to having 4 babies and being almost 45, but I can live with that because I'd rather be thin and wear nice things than be fat and look horrible in my clothes.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote