Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 03:44 PM   #1  

Talking New to this site...

I just recently found this site, & am very thankful I did! Seems like this a great, supportive group to belong to. I look forward to getting to know you all better & supporting each other on our way to our new thin, healthy selfs!!

I posted most of my info in the "Profiles" thread, but just a short recap: I am Kayla, married to John for almost 2 1/2 years. We have a dog & 2 kitties & live in Nebraska. I have struggled & struggled with my weight my entire life. This time I am approaching it with a healthier attitude & know that starvation & what not is NOT the way to go. I am doing the WW Points program (started in April 2002) & so far, so good. I am down 42.2 pounds! I know I have a loooong way to go, & hopefully this site will be a great source of inspiration for me. I am so happy to be here!
Old 07-15-2002, 03:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Talking WELCOME

I just recently found this site, last month and these women welcomed me with open arms. I would like to be the first to welcome you!

Sounds like your doing great w/ the WW points. Keep up the good work, and keep posting. You'll get A LOT of support and encouragment here.
Old 07-15-2002, 04:42 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Did I miss this earlier?? HHHMMM

well let me welcome you too. I have been here for what seems like ages but we sure love to have new girls here!!! Way to go with the loss so far. that is very impressive. keep up the great work.
Old 07-15-2002, 05:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Talking WELCOME

I just recently found this site, last month and these women welcomed me with open arms. I would like to be the first to welcome you!

Sounds like your doing great w/ the WW points. Keep up the good work, and keep posting. You'll get A LOT of support and encouragment here.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:03 PM   #5  

Hi --

I'm new here too -- less than a month --
Everyone here has been really nice and very supportive --

Wishing you the best.

Crystal
Old 07-15-2002, 07:40 PM   #6  
hot mom wanna be!

Smile welcome aboard!

Glad to have you join us. You have done great! Coming here often helps a lot of us stay on track. Something about pouring your heart out seems to help!
lorelei
Old 07-15-2002, 07:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Kayla....

You are completely right. This is a very supportive place on the net and I don't think I could do without coming here. I have been to other support boards and such around the net, but this one has been the best by far that I have found.

Anyhow I am Jen(29), SAHM to 2 wonderful children(ages 5 & 2), and a wife to a great man.

Hope you decide this is the place for you and you keep coming for support and friendship.
Old 07-16-2002, 02:09 AM   #8  
gbo

Kayla I add a hearty welcome as well. You have indeed found the very best weight support group on the entire net! I know I have seen them all . I did a good deal of research before choosing this one and I am so glad I did. You will find so many knowledgable and wonderful people here who know just exactly where you are and what you deal with. It is quite a group ,I assure you and you will always be glad you found it! You are off to a great start and everyone here will help you to meet your goals. Keep up the great work!
Pam
Old 07-16-2002, 07:08 AM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Pam what were you doing up at 2AM????
Old 07-16-2002, 08:13 AM   #10  
Old Cackler

well, welcome to you snowball!!! and you're doing incredibly fabulously on WW!!!! my sister is, too, and i'm so proud of both of you.

be sure to post a lot, because it helps us keep focused. besides, we get to vent a lot about our lives and someone around here ALWAYS has a hug, an encouraging word, some good advice.

but best of all, this is a fabulous cheering section for all our successes...
Old 07-16-2002, 09:45 AM   #11  

Kayla:

Welcome to our little corner of the world. You'll love these people and will treasure their caring and insight.

Hope to see you post often.

annie
Old 07-16-2002, 10:02 AM   #12  

Welcome! Welcome!

Congrats on the weightloss, that really is wonderful! Have you rewarded yourself with anything yet, or are you waiting for the big 5-0? We highly believe in rewards here! lol

Make yourself at home, this really is an amazing place to be part of.

Old 07-16-2002, 10:29 AM   #13  

Thanks for all of your WONDERFUL welcomes! I just can't say how glad I am that I found this place. You guys are great!

Jennifer, to answer your question, yes, I just rewarded myself this past weekend! I bought a really nice pair of walking/running shoes & have actually been using them! When I hit 50 lbs., dh & I are going camping (one of our favorite summertime activities)... can't wait
Old 07-16-2002, 12:11 PM   #14  
Losin It For GOOD!

Welcome Kayla, and CONGRATS on your awesome weight loss! you're doing GREAT!
Old 07-17-2002, 10:47 AM   #15  
Zap
Fat Zappin' in Progress

Welcome aboard Kayla
Glad to have you with us! 42.2 pounds .. WOW Way to go !! Thats awesome! Just jump right in and start jabbering away, the people here are wonderful.

Traci
Closed Thread