Old 08-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/239/155

Height: 5'8"

Default Politics in the hot tub ugh

Today I was in the hot tub relaxing at my gym after a hard workout. This group of five people get in and start talking very loudly to each other across the hot tub about Obama this and politics that. I got so annoyed I had to get out. First of all, don't talk loudly in the hot tub, it is for relaxing! I talk to my husband a little bit but in a quiet voice when he is sitting right next to me. Second of all, politics is not relaxing.

I grew up in a family where my Dad, who is a great guy, used to get so mad involving politics he would scream at the television. I can't be around people talking about politics because of this, it just stresses me out and upsets me!

Alright I just had to vent! I thought this was so rude!
Jadebatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #2  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Boy that is rude!

I thought it was bad enough when two people were talking loudly in my spin class the other day. But, in the HOT TUB??? That's just wrong.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:51 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

how annoying.... I might have said "excuse me can you guys please lower your voices I'm trying to relax..."

Oh man in my freezing office a hot tub sounds SOOO good right now...
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:29 AM   #4  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Seriously, that is major suckville.

I don't think that some people realize just how much a zen place the gym and places like the hot tub really should/can be for some people. By all means, if its your private hot tub, go for it. But if there are strangers around.... observe common courtesies!

I got annoyed the other day with this chick on the treadmill a few over from me. If she talked any louder on her cell phone about the stupid nonsensical stuff that she was yowling about, I think the guys over at the weights would have heard her! Talk about rude... no one wants to know your gossip hour stories!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

gosh, major suckville indeed!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:43 AM   #6  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Very rude, both the sound level and the content. Nowt wrong with discussing politics but only if all present are in agreement. Too contentious.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote