Old 07-29-2009, 02:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266.3/232/150

Height: 5'7"

Default What A Summer!

I had extremely good intentions going into this summer. I was going to exercise daily and eat healthy. Well, as they say, the best laid plans of mice and men...
My nephew has spent the summer with us. My 16 year old, growing bottomless pit nephew. Translation=we have had ALOT of junk in the house. My dad tends to spoil him because neither parent takes care of him and he lives with his other set of grandparents. So when they go to the store (and it's their job to do go), they come home with ice cream and candy.
Sigh.
I'm pretty sure I've gained at least 10lbs back. Which sucks. I'm just trying to get back on track. My nephew leaves next week, so that will help. I guess I'll start little by little, like last time. No more sodas or fast food for me!!!
CeCeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:21 AM   #2  

Just wanted to welcome you. Good luck to getting back on track and with your weight loss efforts.

Last edited by SunshineCA; 07-29-2009 at 03:22 AM.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:11 AM   #3  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Good for you for getting back on track.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Default been there

OMG! I am RIGHT THERE WITH YOU. I have a 16 year old son...and he too is a bottomless pit. He is a fast food, junk food-aholic. I had planned on being about 30 pounds lighter by the end of the summer...can you believe, i am about 15 pounds HEAVIER? Oh i could cry. So just wanted you to know, you are not alone in having to deal with the influence of others and the pressure and influence of a teenage boy.

Stacy
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

I can totally relate, have my own 17yr old 6'4" bottomless pit living in my house!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #6  

I feel for ya'll who have kids full time at home. I'm the youngest (by 10 years) and so I had no trouble in January when I started changing because there were no kids around. But man, when my nephew comes over, it's all over with.
Thankfully, I weighed myself this morning and found I was only 3lbs heavier. I'm not sure how--I stopped drinking water, and I've been eating fast food alot again. So I'm back on plan again. Soon I'll start student teaching again (we go through 3 semesters of ST) and I'll be able to get back into my old habits of extremely healthy eating >
Old 07-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

The positive is that you are here now. Get on the scale, get back on track and you'll have that pesky 10 lbs back off in no time!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Ice cream has been my down fall this summer. I'm going have to find a recipe for some healthy popsicles.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:42 PM   #9  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

re: the ice cream: you could try picking out a couple of your favorite yogurts (or use plain) and put some fruit into it and freeze it. when I use plain I do use a little honey, you could use artificial sweetener or not, whatever your taste or habits are.

dannon makes really creamy yogurt. the pineapple flavor would be great for that (pineapple with blueberries, yum). now they have caramel, but not at our grocery store(!)

just a thought.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #10  

Speaking of ice cream, the new thing in our house is homemade ice cream. So now, they're not just buying it at the store, they're making it every night. And it's good. Crazy people.