3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Closet shopping (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/175411-closet-shopping.html)

chickiegirl 06-28-2009 10:35 PM

Closet shopping

So far, through shopping in my own closet, I have found and worn: two pairs of jeans, a pair of denim capris, two camisoles, and a blue velvet jacket (sounds awful, but looks really cute on me).

After a long break, I'm actually putting together outfits again rather than just wearing whatever fits. And I can't wait to keep going and get into some more of my old clothes.

What have you discovered shopping in your closet as the weight has dropped off?

JulieJ08 06-28-2009 11:14 PM

LOL, for me it's been more like, dang, I *thought* I still had XYZ in here somewhere!

cfmama 06-29-2009 12:05 AM

nothing. I was 377 lbs for a long time (10 years) so had LONG since given those "thinner" clothes away.

Now ask me about the treasure trove I'm finding in my hubby's closet ;)

Madison 06-29-2009 01:00 AM

I love shopping in my own wardobe!!!!!! My favourite thing is when you put something on that you bought eons ago and never fit into (you know, I will fit into this one day and its too cute for me not to buy it . . . ) and you think for a moment that it may still be too small for you but when you try it on you realise that its toooo big! I love when my "skinny" clothes become my fat clothes :D

Rosinante 06-29-2009 02:23 AM

I gave away the majority of my slim clothes about 8 months ago; shame, when I started losing weight again 5 months ago buy hey.

However, of what I have left, I had so many recovered Tshirts that I barely had to go shopping for my vacation this month! :( but not really. There have also been a couple of occasions when I found something I'd forgotten and have missed the wearing window of opportunity, because it's too big now. Resolved to check the closet more often!

Pita09 06-29-2009 07:16 AM

Right before I restarted on this journey to a thinner me, I went through my closet and got it ready for my soon-to-be-shopping-needs. I did get rid of a bunch of stuff and only kept the really cute things and lots of things that I have never worn yet. I can't wait to start wearing these clothes. More importantly I can't wait for these clothes to be too big on me so I can get rid of them and fill my closet with the styles that have only lived in my dreams. It will happen!!!!

Madison 06-29-2009 07:51 AM

It will DEFINITELY happen!!!! :)

time2lose 06-29-2009 08:40 AM

I have loved shopping in the closet in my guest bedroom where I stored all my old clothes. I have enjoyed the blazers that I bought for work the last time I lost weight. I am wearing my last ones and look forward to an empty closet!

Delphi 06-29-2009 08:46 AM

This is what I am soooooo looking forward to. I have sooo many things in my closest that I will be able to wear as the weight continues to fall off and I just can not wait. But I have managed to get into most of my tops, now that the girls are getting so small. ;)

TraceyElaine 06-29-2009 08:47 AM

I have a few things in each size from 24 to 18. Then I have a huge box of stuff from when I was 200lbs (at a previous weight loss) and size 15/16. Hope to be in them before the year is out. But I am a tomboy and would also love to fit into some of my hubby's stuff. He is only a 32 waist tho. So that will be a while. I used to wear his cloths when we first started dating. But I was a 28/30 waist and 120lbs LMAO.