3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Accountability/Menu/Planning 8 - 14 June (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/173674-accountability-menu-planning-8-14-june.html)

mj5 06-10-2009 05:14 AM

Good Morning! I will try to catch up w/ everyone later, but I wanted to share what I FIANLLY realized about myself and get it down here...you know, the whole accountability thing! :)

During all of the waiting for dh and the other night when I couldnt' sleep, I started thinking about the timeframes I have set for myself and how unrealistic they have been (ie: I wanted to be a certain weight by my friends wedding--that didn't happen, I want to be back down to my ticker weight by my drs appt later this month, that won't happen--I'll certainly work towards it, but I won't reach it...things like that) and had one of the those 'lightbulb' moments....I have been putting way too much pressure on myself for these random dates/timeframes that really don't mean anything.....when I don't reach them (or realize I'm not going to), then I fall deeper into my 'just going through the motions' mode....NOT a good place to be.

So, I am going to get us a new scale...yep, ours broke again...and update my ticker weight. I certainly want to be working towards something....and I know what works--my mini rewards, I have my "date night" dress as a motivator....things like that. I WILL get there!!

On a positive note, all of dh's tests came back clear (ie: no brain tumor, no bleeding in his brain...PHEW!!!! MAJOR relief!!!) AND I slept all night last night AND my knee feels ok this morning. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!

I want to thank everyone for your support! I will catch up w/ you later, I know we can ALL do this...it's just going to take time and each other!

Have a great OP day!!!!!

jab91864 06-10-2009 07:05 AM

MJ ~ CONGRATS!!! That is wonderful news about the hubbie, I'm happy for you both. Worry causes sooooooooo much stress. Glad the knee is feeling better.

Beverly ~ 5 lbs is great !! The scale is an evil creature that plays terrible mind games and seems to foil us at many turns. I often find I weigh in too much and when I get into that cycle my weight stops or reverses because I am messing up my thought process by obsessing and being disappointed with that number.

Nicolen ~ I hope the stress starts to let up some. You sound a bit tired and I am sure Friday being off will help you re-coop. The world is in a bit of a tumble and it's hard not to worry about that. I lost my job in Feb ( my employer closed up shop for good) and fortunately the corporation that bought his records took me along with. It's a bit less money and I don't like it but I can still pay my bills and thats what counts. But when I look around me at my friends who are unemployed right now I get scared.

CLCSC145 ~ exercise. I feel your pain. I feel better when I do it but making myself do it is the hardest part. I don't think I will ever love it. Best of luck with that and if you find the secret please share it with me...lol

Well enough gabbing, gotta get ready to leave for work... Hope everyone stays OP today and has a GREAT day !!!!!!!!!!!

Tues. 6/09/09

Banana
water

triscuits
apple
water

sf lemonade

salmon
salad
mixed oriental veg blend
cottage cheese
water

almonds
water

sf pudding
water

Slashnl 06-10-2009 12:10 PM

Hi all. Woke up a little late today, so I sacrificed making my lunch so that I could get to the gym without losing too much time. I have to be very careful at lunch today. That does not give me license to have whatever I want for lunch!!! Must stay disciplined...

Jab: Looks like a good menu today!

Beverly: Wow! Good job with the 5 pounds! That's great news!

MJ: Awesome news about your hubby! So glad for you! Also, did you read the new sticky in the 100 lb club with "posts to remember"? There is one in there regarding "one pound". I thought it was excellent as a reminder that little by little, we can get it done!

Nicolen: Oh believe me, you are not alone. I work on the agency side in insurance, but when I saw our numbers, it was shocking. Can this economy PLEASE turn around??? Scary stuff.

CC: Interesting thought about being moody because you can't turn to food. That's a true statement. I know when we had layoffs here on Monday, even though it wasn't me, all I wanted to do was go out to lunch and have something "comforting". It's hard to find something to replace that.

Hi to everyone else! Schmoodle, Rhonda, and anyone else I'm not listing: Hope everything is going well for you!

SunshineCA 06-10-2009 12:17 PM

Planning Menu Today

Boy do I miss this site!!! :)

I'm chatting on the phone as I catch up here. I just told my friend how menu planning is the only way for me to lose weight successfully. As soon as I said that, I clicked here.

The accountability of this thread and my menu helps me stick to it. Thanks! :)

I will post again once I complete my menu for this week.

Have a great day all! :)

nicolen 06-11-2009 03:22 AM

Yay day off tomorrow.

We had a much quieter day today at work. No dramas, no computer issues, which was great. I also had a really good workout at the gym - much better than Tuesday, when it was a real struggle. In terms of productivity at work this week ... let's not go there! Bit of a disaster, but you have weeks like that from time to time.

I've been on a project team for the last week - it's a bit of a waste of time, but that's a whole different rant - and my former manager's on the same team. I've seen her looking at me strangely and I wondered if I'd spilt something down my top or something, but she asked me today whether I was losing weight. So it's getting noticeable!

So the plan for tomorrow is to go to the gym - it's Friday, so it's my session with yummy trainer. Then I'm going to come home and get some housework done and out the way, then I'm out for lunch with my sister. Not sure where we're going yet - she works in the middle of the restaurant district, so there are heaps of choices. In the afternoon, I'm going to finish the housework so I can have a cruisy weekend.

I signed up for a DVD service which sounds similar to Netflix - you select your DVD's, they send them to you and you watch and send them back and they'll send you the next one. The first couple arrive today and since the weather's supposed to be miserable and I'm also not going out on Saturday night now, I'm going to have a lazy cruisy weekend. I'll go to the gym and do my spin class and probably for a swim on Sunday, of course, but nothing too difficult. I deserve the break!

Beverly, that's awesome! Go you! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

MJ, so relieved to hear that everything's OK with DH. I know what you mean about being accountable - I need to start posting my menus again since the food is where I'm falling down on things at the moment.

Jab, I'm very lucky because my job is in absolutely no danger, but it's never nice to know that you're working for a company that's going to post quite a large loss. There won't be a pay rise this year, but our executive have said that they'll cut back on everything before they even consider redundancies which is a brilliant way to do things.

Diane, there's a few of us insurance people around - I think Rhonda works in insurance as well. It's a scary time.

Sunshine, fantastic to see you here! I'm looking forward to getting to know you (and since I'm a foodie, seeing your menus as well!)

Anyway, have fun everyone! I will post this weekend - promise!

mj5 06-11-2009 05:31 AM

Good Morning. Ok, I did it. I bought a new scale, weighed myself and was NOT happy. But, it's a starting point.

Beverlyjoy--You are doing so awesome! Glad to hear the wrap is helping your foot. I'm sure your doctor will understand....you need what works for YOU, not his ego! I have also been trying to slow down while I eat--especially pausing before I decide if I am going to have more dinner. Even if it's healthy stuff, I can eat way too much of it! LOL!!!! Yes...LOTS of ice, baby! 5lbs lost is FANTASTIC!!!!

Diane--you are doing fantastic! You ran?!!! Awesome! How did you do at lunch yesterday? Thanks, I'll check out that sticky!

Schmoodle--Good for you for packing lots of snacks for yourself! Hope it's a productive business trip!

CC--I never thought I would actually enjoy exercise and I really do. It may happen for you, it may not (I hope it does!). Just try to keep it fun and different--that works for me, anyway. I get bored easily!

nicolen--Yea, those 'big picture' meetings can be interesting. I just found out that soon I will meet w/ my director, finance director, and our new deputy executive director to review the financials for my program--more a as a 'learning experience' for me...but I'm sure it will be eye-opening! Wow, must be something in the air...I have been super busy, but when I think about it, I have NOT accomplished much at work either. Hopefully tomorrow will be my 'catch up' day...I have lots of meetings today. Yes you do deserve a break! Good for you for signing up for that dvd service! We thought about Netflix, but we can order movies from our digital cable, so that works too!

jab--Thanks. I don't think I realized how worried I really was until we received the results....Looking at your menu, I realized that I need to remind myself to have small snacks during the day. thanks!

sunshine--Hi! I look forward to hearing from you!

Rhonda--Hope the visit with your brother is going (?went) well and your business trip, and...I know it was going to be super busy for you!

My knee is horrible again today. Ugh, getting SO sick of this. I really need to call the dr again.

Ok, I really need to get ready for work!

Beverlyjoy 06-11-2009 06:21 AM

Hi folks...A quick check in... as I've got to leave very soon. Yesterday went mostly good - I did eat a little extra before bed. That seems to happen the day I weigh my self. I will work on that.

I'll be back to catch up with folks.

Today:

put my fork down between bites
aware eating = no distractions
try and 'feel' fullness
lots of water
stretches
meditation
journal

jab91864 06-11-2009 07:19 AM

Running late again today. Had trouble sleeping because my sinuses are really bad right now. Extra pollen in the air I think.

Food for yesterday..

wed. 6/10/09

bolthouse mocha protein drink
(I just wasn’t hungry)

Apple
Triscuits
Water

Tuna wrap (lettuce, tomatoes, tuna, whole gr tortilla)
Cottage cheese
4 oz purple carrot juice
Water

Almonds
Sf lemonade

water

Everyone have a great day !!!!!!!!

Slashnl 06-11-2009 10:35 AM

Hi everyone. I'm a little sore today. Yesterday's workout was tough and I was feeling it last night and this morning. I went and worked out today and that will hopefully help. Lunch yesterday was pretty good, but it is amazing to me that even when you get some healthy things, when you add up the calories, it can be a little spooky. Anyway, it wasn't too bad and I had a lighter dinner to stay within my calorie range.

MJ: Sorry to hear about your knee. Darn! Don't worry about the scale. You've done well and you'll get back down again!

Nicolen: You mentioned spin class. I'm thinking of doing one at the gym. I have to get up my courage to do it, but I think I'll give it a try next week. I hope I don't die. :)

Sunshine: Glad you're joining us!

Beverly and Jab: Hope you have a good day!

CLCSC145 06-11-2009 02:07 PM

Hey all,

May I just admit that I am still in the foulest mood?! I snapped at my mom when she called this morning (had to call back and apologize) and I am overall feeling really surly. And really unsettled and restless. I feel like I need a sign around my neck warning people to steer clear today. :D It's related to this "journey" somehow, but I can't put my finger on it entirely. I'm not hungry, so it's not that. Grrr.

I did take a very long walk yesterday and that felt good. I was feeling restless then too. I'm normally so laid back I'm nearly prone! Anyway, onward I plow.

Hope everyone else is feeling good today. Take care of yourselves...

nicolen 06-12-2009 02:45 AM

Well, that was a good day off. :)

Got up and went to the gym as usual - yummy trainer worked me hard and I will be sore tomorrow, again. I came back home and was home before the street lights were switched off. Ten days till the shortest day - that's what I need to keep telling myself... I had lunch with my sister which was very nice, and then went to the library and back home. The housework is all but done and I'm going to have a quiet weekend. I have Doctor Who DVDs to watch - yes, I'm a geek! :D

Tomorrow, it's spin class then I'm supposed to be catching up with my friend who went to Melbourne last weekend. I haven't caught up with her before now as she's been unwell with flu like symptoms. As Melbourne's been hit hard by the swine flu, she's been tested for that and is clear, thankfully. It's very scary stuff - our Ministry of Health estimate that around 1 - 2 million people here will get the swine flu in the next year - 2 years which is up to 50% of our population!

MJ, starting points are good! You know what you need to do and you can do it!

Beverly, you're sounding so happy at the moment - wonderful to see!

Jab, hope your sinuses have calmed down today!

Diane, do have a go at spin - you'll love it! You can adjust the resistance on the bike till it's at a level you can work at and nobody else knows. Look at things this way - you're running at the moment and I'm not running. Just remember to take a full bottle of water in with you - you'll need it!

CC, good for you for exercising when you're in a nasty mood - it would have done you good, and it would have been so easy not to exercise.

So the menu, since I'm getting back to posting these and getting myself accountable.

B - toast with vegemite

S - muesli bar

L - 2 gyoza dumplings, chicken and udon noodle stirfry with vegies

S - crackers and hummus

D - pea and ham soup.

S - will be fruit and yoghurt.

Definitely need more fruit and vegies - what do you think?

Have fun everyone!

mj5 06-12-2009 04:38 AM

Good Morning everyone! I SO want a cup of coffee right now, but I have to get bloodwork this morning (just routine stuff), so I can't eat or drink anything until after that. Well, I could have black coffee, but I just can't drink it that way yet....oh well, I'll stop for a cup on my way to work. I already have a healthy breakfast and snack packed, so I will NOT get anything to go w/ that coffee!

Beverlyjoy--How's your foot?

jab--I know I have been having a hard time w/ allergies this year...worse than usual, which stinks!

Diane--Great job w/ lunch! Thanks. I know, I am just very thankful that I 'caught' myself before I gained anymore! We will all do this!!!

CC--I think we all go through those moments...whether trying to lose weight or not! LOL! Do something nice for yourself, you deserve it!

nicolen--Sounds like a GREAT day off!!! I hope your friend is feeling better soon. This flu is scary stuff!

Dh continues to get better, thank goodness! He will be able to drive next week, which means I can get back to my gym routine. Dvd's and walking are ok, but I need something w/ a little more oomph to get me going!

I am *hoping* to use today as a 'catch up' day at work...it has been super busy w/ lots of meetings (and unfortunately, not very productive ones!) and I have LOTS of paperwork to do.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!!

jab91864 06-12-2009 06:31 AM

TGIF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to work later than normal today but since I am off the weekend it will be ok...lol.

Food for yesterday went well. I had bad cravings in the evening but managed to avoid the bad stuff.

Thurs. 6/11/09

Bolthouse mocha protein drink

Red grapes
Water

Tablespoon of peanut butter

Banana
Triscuits
Water

Omelet (spinach, mushrooms, Morningstar crumbles, tomatoes, hot sauce)
Water

Lf yogurt w / craisins
Water

Sf lemonade
Pc of cheese

Best of luck to everyone staying OP today and the smile because the weekend cometh !!!

Beverlyjoy 06-13-2009 08:16 AM

Hi Chicks - sorry I didn't get here yesterday - but, I was so. so busy. However, I must say that I am still doing well with my eating and I am so, so grateful. :)

Today - I"ll
meditate
do my stretches and strengthening
be mindful when I eat - aware with few distractions
put my fork down between bites
try to feel if I have any 'fullness' from food
lots of water
journal
positive mental attitude
ice and heat on my pieces and parts

My foot has managed to get through my first week of work. I've been using alot of ice and my Tens Unit (scrambles pain messages from the brain :dizzy: ) to get through it. I am so, so grateful.

Jab - good for you....getting through your tough evening. That's really a wonderful accomplishment. :D

MJ - it's great that you packed a healthy breakfast for after your bloodtest - that makes it so you will succeed. :D YAY Hope your knee has calmed down. :hug:

Nicolen - all of your going to the gym is so inspirational. :carrot: Good for you, friend.

CLCS - hope you are over your mood - I bet the walk helped. :)

Shout out to anyone that stops by. Have a GREAT op day.

mj5 06-13-2009 05:47 PM

Hi everyone! I'll catch up w you tomorrow. I was able to get some cleaning done and some lounge time w the dogs....probably watch a movie w dh later. Food has been good today, but not enough water! I need to keep working on that!