3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Accountability/Menu/Planning 8 - 14 June (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/173674-accountability-menu-planning-8-14-june.html)

nicolen 06-08-2009 02:21 AM

Accountability/Menu/Planning 8 - 14 June

Hey lovelies!

And once again, that's another weekend gone and I didn't manage to post. I had a fairly quiet weekend - spin on Saturday, swim yesterday and didn't really do much apart from that. No, I lie. I did go and see Star Trek and really enjoyed it. And I saw my friend's baby. She's so tiny and not very pretty at the moment - she's a typical preemie and looks a little bit like a skinned rabbit, but give her a few weeks to put on some fat and she'll be gorgeous!

Today was a messy day at work. The boss got a phone call and his father passed away today, which is very sad. It's not unexpected - he's been waiting for the call for several weeks, but it's never easy. Anyway, it's meant that the team dinner on Saturday night has been cancelled - the funeral will probably be on Thursday or Friday and hosting the dinner will be the last thing he wants to do, obviously. So, I must remember to get a sympathy card tomorrow for the family.

I went to the gym this morning and did the new workout. Yeah, it's going to take a while to get used to - I could barely lift my arms high enough to do my hair afterwards! Still, it's got to be doing me good...eventually.

Tomorrow, the plan is to go to the gym and do cardio, so that sounds achievable. I'm also going to get on the scale tomorrow for the first time in a week - time to start getting back to being accountable.

I'm sorry, no time tonight for personal greetings, so hi to everyoe and I'll have a proper catch up tomorrow!

Have fun everyone!

mj5 06-08-2009 05:41 AM

Good Morning everyone! Just popping in quick before I start getting ready for work.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!

Beverlyjoy 06-08-2009 06:10 AM

Hi folks - quick check in. It's seven days of sane healthful eating. I am very grateful.

Today:
ice my foot!
stretches
meditation
lots of water
healthy food choices....tasty too
put fork down between each bite
aware/mindful eating with no distractions (tv, radio, books computer...)
no eating standing up
try and stay positive
rest my foot as much as possible

I hope everyone has a GREAT day.

jab91864 06-08-2009 06:42 AM

Back at Monday!!! Wishing everyone a great start to the new week.

Yesterday I did very well and my weigh in saw the scale creep downward a little bit more.

:flow1:

Sun. 6/7/09

Lg salad (lettuce, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes, egg, cucumber, sunflower seeds, ff dressing)
Water

Ice tea w/ splenda

Cottage cheese
4 oz green goodness juice
water

almonds
Water

Lf yogurt
water

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Schmoodle 06-08-2009 10:58 AM

Hi chicks, I had a busy and not-so-fun weekend with the dance recitals (over now until next year, phew!), and yesterday trying to catch up on cleaning, laundry, etc. We did try a new restaurant (new to us) in a nearby town on Saturday and it was very good. It has a cute bar and patio and DH and I made plans to go back Friday night for a grownup date. I had grilled romaine and seared ahi, and it was excellent and totally on-plan (go me!) I'm down 5 lbs total of my regain, and feeling like I'm back in the groove finally. I've got to take the kids to riding lessons after school and work, and DD2 has her Girl Scout Bridging ceremony, then tomorrow I leave for a business trip, back Thursday. I plan to pack lots of snacks as usual, and I'm driving not flying, so that makes it easier to carry my food.

Today's plan:
B: scrambled eggs, with salsa, green pepper, and onion, coffee with milk
S: pea pods with hummus
L: BIG salad with beans, kielbasa and dressing
S: nonfat Greek yogurt with rhubarb berry compote, skim latte
D: Chicken Capri, quinoa, another salad (I've got 3 huge bags of garden greens in my fridge right now)
S: NSA fudgesicle or South Beach peanut butter cup

Beverly
, we are back on a roll chick, doesn't it feel great?
Hi mj, have a good one.
Congrats on the loss jab!
You are doing so great with your exercise nicole, I really admire your dedication.
Hello to Rhonda, Diane, cfmama, Lyn, anyone else stopping by!

Slashnl 06-08-2009 01:08 PM

Hi everyone! Had a pretty good weekend. I'm down a little over 3 pounds this week, so I finally went over the 20 pounds lost mark. Yay! I was really good on plan last week and workouts were good. I need to keep going this way! I almost caved for an ice cream drumstick, but stayed strong. Really, if I'm going to blow a few calories, I don't think that drumsticks are really what I'd splurge on, but it was tempting for awhile.

Not a great Monday here. They had to lay off 2 people. I'm fortunate to have my job, but they were 2 very nice people and I feel really bad for them. Stupid economy.

Schmoodle: Good job on the on plan eating out! Good for you! (Sounds very tasty!)

Jab: Good job on the weight loss.

Beverly: Way to go on being sane with food! Good for you.

MJ: Have a good day at work!

Nicolen: Good job on the workout. Must have been a tough one!!!!

nicolen 06-09-2009 02:32 AM

Hey everyone.

Sorry, it's going to be another drive by posting tonight - I'm not feeling that fantastic, so I'm going to have a hot shower and an early night. Nothing major, just my hip and back are very sore.

Anyway, quiet sort of a day today. Made it to the gym, but it was wasn't a great workout. Work was slow as well.

Tomorrow, it's payday so my friend and I are going out for dinner after work - this is the friend who went to Melbourne, so I really want to have a catch up with her.

Talk to you all then!

mj5 06-09-2009 02:42 AM

Hi everyone! Another quickie post from me...dh is doing better...I took him to the drs yesterday. They sent him for a CT scan and bloodwork. So far, all is normal. He feels better, but not great--still a little dizzy. He can't drive for the rest of the week. He is going to try to go back to work on Wed. Luckily he was able to change his work schedule around my hours, so that will help. Unfortunately, that means no time after work for me to go to the gym--except for today. I AM going to the gym today. For the rest of the week, I'll dust off my workout dvd's and do one when I get home each night.

My knee has been terrible. I have been taking lots (not too many, don't worry, LOL!) of pain meds and icing and it really isn't helping. I'm going to call the doctor's office later.

My food and water have been good, but exercise hasn't happened--worried about dh and then being his chauffeur yesterday while trying to work via phone calls...yea, it just wasn't happening!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!

Beverlyjoy 06-09-2009 06:11 AM

Hi chickies! Yesterday was a good food day - healthful, delicious and sane. :) I did all I intended to do. I am so grateful.

Yesterday I went to get my foot wrapped. My doctor was on vacation. The new doctor did it...and his wrap makes my foot feel better. :D Now I must gingerly tell my doctor to do it the other doctor's way. Hopefully - he'll be glad and not miffed that what he did isn't good enough. Let's hope he hasn't got an ego thing going. :dizzy:

For the last week I have been really concentrating on slowing down my eating. Actually, it is very helpful - because I don't go back for more. I am happy to say that some meals were took almost 25 minutes to eat. Most meals were between 10 and 20 minutes. :carrot::carrot:

Today is my last totally free day before my busy, busy summer work begins. I hope and pray that my foot can make it through. I've got my helper. :) I am hoping for the best.

Today:
stretches
meditation
eat healthy tasty food
aware eating - no distractions (tv, radio, books, etc)
put my fork down between bites
taste my food
lots of water
journal
ice and heat my pieces and parts
positive mental attitude

MJ - I am so, so sorry that you knee is so painful. :hug: Ice, ice baby (isn't that an old rap song from Vanilla Ice (Cream)). I am glad DH is doing better. I hope they figure it all out soon. Take care now.

Nicolen - hope your pieces and parts are feeling better soon. Yes, a nice hot shower helps. Hope you had a nice dinner with your friend. :)

Slash - congrats on your wonderful weight loss. :carrot::carrot: Your efforts have shown on the scale and that's so nice to see. I bet you can really feel the difference. Sorry to hear about the layoffs. DH was laid off in Feb. - it was a terrible blow to us. Luckily - he started a new job in May. WE are grateful and he likes this job even better. It's tough out there.

Shmoodle - doesn't it feel great that we are getting our groove back?! :D Good job on staying OP at the restaurant. :D Wonderful to see those 5 pounds gone. :carrot::carrot: Go girl.

Jab - congrats on the scale going down. :carrot::carrot: Remember - even 1/2 pound is two sticks of butter. ;) GREAT.

Have a great day friends.

jab91864 06-09-2009 07:29 AM

Running behind today....

Mon 6/8/09

Lf yogurt
Pear
4 oz green goodness juice
Water

Grapes
Water

Diet coke ( I needed a caffeine boost)

Triscuits
Water

Spinach / mushroom omelet
Cottage cheese
Water

Almonds
water

Schmoodle 06-09-2009 09:20 AM

Hi chicks, just a quickie today as I am off on a trip (business not fun) and have to organize everybody's life and get packed this morning. I am driving so packing lots of snacks and stuff, so I should be fine for staying on-plan. Yesterday was good. Have a great day!

Slashnl 06-09-2009 10:02 AM

Quick one for me as well. Everyone must be busy! Had a good workout today. I did a little (very little) running. I'm trying to get better at it.

Have a great day everyone.

CLCSC145 06-09-2009 10:59 PM

Hi all!

I've been begrudgingly exercising each night. Sigh - will I ever love it? I suppose that doesn't matter so long as I do it.

Food has been fine, but I've been a bit moody lately. I wonder if part of it is because I'm not turning to food to make me temporarily happy. Probably. The other part is I'm ready for change now. I don't want this to take a long time. But I know it's going to given the amount I have to lose. I must remember it will come off when it comes off. Oh well, I trudge along!

nicolen 06-10-2009 03:15 AM

It was a good day today. Not much exercise, but that's fairly typical for a Wednesday. We had a fairly major systems problem at work - I seriously think that we've bought a lemon with this new system - and had a meeting with our CEO this afternoon, which was quite interesting. I knew the company's been losing money - heck, I work in claims and spend most of my time paying out the money - but the figures were a bit of a shock. Having said that, every insurance company in the country, if not the world is in exactly the same position and we have turned things around in the last 3 months, so that's something.

Tomorrow, gym and work. I've applied to take Friday off on leave - I just need a mental health day, I think. And I will try and catch up tomorrow.

Beverlyjoy 06-10-2009 05:03 AM

Hi Chicks - yesterday was another good day - I am so grateful. :)

I got on the scale this morning and discovered that I have lost 5 pounds.:D I am so happy - but, at first I was disappointed because I wanted more. I play 'mind' games with the scale. ..."Is this my real weight." ..."Am I retaining water.... "I deserve more".... Isn't this a crazy mind game sometimes. :dizzy: But, finally - I am happy with it. 233 pounds is good - it's far from where I was a year ago, but I will carry on.

Today I will try to carry on -
stretches
meditations
aware eating (no tv, etc)
put my fork down between bites
lots of water
use journal
pma

Have a great day everyone!