Old 06-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #1  
addicted.

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5'7"

Default New food aversions...

So has this happened to anyone else? I have new food aversions that I've never had before since eating more healthy. I can't stand the smell of fish, eggs, garlic, beans (all), peas, chicken sometimes, & brown rice sometimes. It's so weird. I've definitely been trying to eat more "clean" and I've never really ate this way before.

Those foods just make my stomach turn and even sometimes gag. I still eat them and while I'm eating them, I'm fine. However, if I put my nose over my plate and get a wiff...it totally turns me off.

Am I just weird? Will it stop?

You should see me eating....I keep my nose as far away from my foods as I can. lol.
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #2  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

That is interesting - I can't say it has happened to me.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

I get it too, mine is eggs, bacon, any pork really, anything with a funky texture. I just gag though, the smell doesn't bother me, it's so nice for the other peopel I'm eating with. I usually just have to stay clear of the trigger foods. Mine usually passes after a couple of weeks I just have to make sure I keep my calories up until my stomach settles out.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #4  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

ummmmm...........not since I was pregnant.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #5  
addicted.

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5'7"

tummy-glad it's not only me...we can be weird together So does yours change? Do you get different ones after awhile?

nada-lol...umm, nope not possible.
Cinnamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:49 PM   #6  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

I almost tossed my cookies thinking of eating/looking at a package of cookies. Just made my stomach turn.

I think some of us just get more sensitive to things our body doesn't need, just as we suddenly start craving things we do need, like a certain veggie, fruit or meat.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

I have gone though this with so many different foods. I went for several week about a year ago that chicken and cooked veggies would make me gag regardless of how they were cooked. I would even try eating them while doing something else so I wouldn't be paying attention to what I was eating and it still wouldn't work. I finally gave up and stopped eating chicken (and cornish hen, too similar texture and taste) and all cooked veggies, just ate raw stuff for several weeks. It eventually passed. I think our minds just throw little temper tantrums and it just takes a few days or weeks for it to calm down.

One suggestion I have is to experiment with how you cook stuff and maybe mix up the seasoning, combinations. Just anything to make it different.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote