Old 04-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default Tips, Anyone?

After a week of stomach flu (misery) I am now trying to figure out HOW to get back on plan. I am not really "off plan" as in, eating a bunch of junk... but I am just trying to figure out what direction to take next, especially with Easter weekend looming.

Basically I was doing South Beach phase 1 for 2 weeks. I dropped 9 pounds. Then I got sick, threw up for 2 days, and spent 4 more days trying to get ANYTHING to stay down (I basically ate toast, saltines, cream of wheat, chicken broth and sips of 7up for 2 days, then a day where I ate the same but cheese pizza for dinner, and then added back yogurt, bananas, and a turkey sandwich. And 3 chocolate mini eggs).

So today I feel pretty much all better. I am feeling good, and I was thining about going back to the South Beach thing but with Easter weekend, I dunno if I want to do that. I mean, I don't plan to eat a ton of carbs but maybe *some.* I mean, I seem to do better when I have structure: either "I can have 1600 calories per day," or "I will eat from this list," or "I will eat only whole, natural foods and not processed stuff." I am just not sure what direction to head right now.

So this morning I just made myself a no-sugar protein shake with a half banana and a half T of peanut butter blended into it. But when I think of lunch and dinner and this weekend... I am just not sure what to do. Except I know I want to walk a mile each day and be sure to get in plenty of water, and not eat a bunch of crap.

Suggestions? Encouragement?
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:56 PM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I think you should stick with Southbeach. It will really make you feel wonderful.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:23 PM   #3  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

I think you should return to a no-sugar plan.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #4  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

I think you should stick to the Beach today & all next week, to get back where you were, perhaps a low sugar version of the Beach?

I think for tomorrow, give yourself a break. This is a break, not a license to eat. You already know how to successfully handle a holiday, look how far you have come! I know you can do this, like you said, just plan it out & stick to your plan. Set yourself up to succeed.

Also with a sick tummy, I would eat the things I'd been craving most all year FIRST. Then if you are still hungry, continue with your plan. If not, then diet 7up will work for the rest of the day.

You go, girl!
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey Lynn, I read your blog pretty regularly, I think you are smart to avoid sugar (avoid/severely limit). I admit to being biased, because that tactic has been spectacularly successful for me (to the point of miraculous).

Plan a special meal (one meal only) for Easter dinner (brunch?) and then stick to your healthy eating the rest of the weekend.

Last edited by Glory87; 04-12-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/233/150

yes i agree. i think we have to give ourselves a slight break for easter, just keep everything in check, and then return to your south beach diet on monday.

ive been sick too, and i haven't exercised much since everything i get moving i have a coughing attack. But i plan to return today and be back at it!

goood luck! glad your feeling better
Naughtymonkey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #7  

Thank you guys for the suggestions and encouragement! Today (Easter) I have a Baked French Toast going into the oven for breakfast, which will be my "treat meal." I am not having any candy, did not make cookies or cake or ice cream, nada. Lunch will be my normal healthy fare. Dinner is a spiral ham, asparagus, cauliflower.

Looking forward to a 100% on plan day tomorrow
Old 04-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #8  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Lyn... I am proud of you You DO know what needs to be done and you will do it. Your baked french toast sounds wonderful!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #9  

omg, cfmama!!! You are at 278!! WOW! I am so proud of you.