3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I have new puppy pictures! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/164906-i-have-new-puppy-pictures.html)

iriswhispers 02-21-2009 08:02 PM

*sigh* i'm a total dog lover but in my current living situation can't have pets... hopefully in a few years, though!

I had a German Shepherd when I was a little girl and I'd really like to get one again, I've been scoping out the German Shepherd rescue locally! Although I'll agree that there a also a lot of great breeders, my dad just got a rottie from a wonderful woman (the dog in my avatar).

nelie 02-21-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iriswhispers (Post 2623178)
*sigh* i'm a total dog lover but in my current living situation can't have pets... hopefully in a few years, though!

I had a German Shepherd when I was a little girl and I'd really like to get one again, I've been scoping out the German Shepherd rescue locally! Although I'll agree that there a also a lot of great breeders, my dad just got a rottie from a wonderful woman (the dog in my avatar).

My poor Mother in law has to deal with my father in law's obsession with german shepherds (they have 2 currently). He'll find pictures on rescue websites, print them out and stick them on the fridge hoping she'll let him get another one :) My parents have a shepherd/basset and she is such a great dog, I really wanted to find a mix like her but didn't quite. I found a husky/shepherd mix at one point but they said she wouldn't be a good fit for our family as she needed to be an only dog.

claire fraser 02-22-2009 04:15 PM

aw... so cute!

ChefsGirl 02-22-2009 05:02 PM

We got our black lab mix from our local shelter. We think he's mixed w/ lab & rotweiller. NO ONE would dare cross me when I am walking my dog. He's so gentle & sweet, but at the same time don't mess w/ his mama.

He even gets after my DF if we are arguing & my DF raises his voice at me. My dog will get in between us & start growling at DF.

I feel so safe w/ him around, no one in their right mind would try to come in here when they hear his bark. He literally sounds like he would eat you if he had the chance :) I know that he'd just give kisses, but don't tell anyone one.

Luvbean 02-23-2009 09:14 AM

Just LOVELY!!!!! Keep the pictures coming. Will you show her yourself or hire a handler?

Tai 02-23-2009 09:28 AM

How cute! Congratulations.

Cruebratt 02-23-2009 09:29 AM

Cute!

cfmama 02-23-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luvbean (Post 2624864)
Just LOVELY!!!!! Keep the pictures coming. Will you show her yourself or hire a handler?

I've shown my old Cardigan in specials classes and did well so we'll see how it goes. My breeder does have a handler here in my town so she'll give me some pointers on how to get her ready and how to show a puppy (because obviously my cardi was much older.) If I really bite at it ;) I'll get the pro-handler to do it :)

Missy09 02-23-2009 02:59 PM

Oh she's adorable! Australian Shepherds are one of my favorite breeds but I love ANY dog that is blue merle lol. Congratulations on your pup and your weight loss!