Old 02-16-2009, 01:19 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default Accountability/Menu/Planning 16 - 22 Feb

Hi lovelies!

I'm not quite sure what happened yesterday. I logged onto the site several times, intending to post but somehow never quite got there. Oh, well. It was a pretty quiet day in any case.

I got to the gym this morning and did my workout, which was good. I'm really noticing a difference in my fitness levels, if nothing else, so eventually I must start noticing it elsewhere.

I've just finished ordering my groceries online to be delivered tomorrow after work. It just seems more practical these days - I don't have the time, and it means I'm not wandering down the aisles buying rubbish. Salmon's on special, so I've ordered some to cook up for dinner - yummy!

MJ, that's exactly why I go to the gym first thing - it's done then and I'm not talking myself out of going if I'm a little bit stressed or tired.

Tammy, your kids are really having a rough run at the moment, aren't they?

Numina, hope you enjoyed your dinner out!

Red, one day when you're a little over your calories isn't going to do too much damage as long as it's not followed by several other days over your calories.

Trazey, way to go with the food! Awesome stuff there.

The menu today was:

B - crumpets and vegemite (just for a change )

S - muesli bar

S - yoghurt

L - salad roll with lamb

D - leftovers - lamb, kumara, carrots, frozen mixed veg.

Have fun everyone!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:05 AM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Oh ordering groceries online sounds awesome!!! I wish I could do that!

We've def. had our long run of bad luck health wise around here. We've all been sick on and off for a month at least... and me for the last two!!! It's the weather. We're up to +7 celcius one day and then BANG it's -28 (like tonight.) Crazy.

Well we went to the movies. I had my popcorn. I kind of regret it. Even though I made room for it in my budget... it was not as good as I remember. AND I ate it way too fast and ate it ALL. Hmmm... live and learn.

Tomorrow is day 141 ON PLAN. It's also a 2000 calorie cycle day

B- 2/3 cup granola, 1/2 cup skim milk, large banana
L- 1.5 cups chopped turkey breast, 2 cups romaine, cucumber, snap peas, red onion, asian dressing and yogurt
s- cocktail tomato, 2 LC wedge with two wasa
D- 2 3oz salmon fillets, 1 cup stirfry veg, 1.5 cups roasted potato's with 1 T evoo
s- 2 clementines, 1 slice sprouted grain bread, 1 T pb

have a great on plan day my friends!!! And wish me luck at getting UNDER 300 SOON!!!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! The scale is still up this am and I am NOT happy about that. I know it's just a stupid # and it could be any number of things, but still....anyway, I am not going to let that get me down! Today will be OP day #9! Hard to believe, but I am still kinda sore from the BL yoga workout! Obviously worked out muscles I haven't used in a while! LOL!!!! Tonight's plan at the gym is legs/back and cardio.

nicolen--I wish I could get up early enough to work out in the am. Every once in a while I get through these phases where I am up early enough to some cardio before work, but not early enough for a whole workout.

cfmama--I certainly hope everyone in your family stays healthy for a while now!!! You will be under 300 before you know it! Great job!!!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hiya, Friends.

I nursed my family through the flu and managed to avoid catching it myself. However, I did catch their nasty head cold. I'm back to work today and my head feels like its in a fog.

Today is my official weigh-in day. I maintained.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #5  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

ok. This week is the beginning of me not weighing every day. I weighed this morning, and will not touch the scale until Friday. I will not let daily weight fluctuations drive me insane any longer!

Brkst
3 boiled egg whites
1 apple

snack
apple
10 almonds

lunch
subway veggie sub 6"'

snack
orange

supper
leftover spaghetti pie piece
roasted green beans
brocoli

snack
sugar free jello
boiled eggs

Now, I will start this Monday out on the right foot and continue forward, looking forward to Friday so I can weigh myself. I CAN HAVE A SUCCESSFUL WEEK AHEAD OF ME IF I WANT IT BAD ENOUGH!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

Hey there!

A new week started already! What the heck, I dont think I was done with the last week........oh well that whole calendar thing goes on with or without me.

Kids come home today, DH does not have work, so he will drive over the pass to get them. Friday nights drive over the pass was horrid. Snow the whole way, and of course the worse patch of road was right where this is a several hundred foot drop on one side. It really freaks me out.

Nicole--groceries delivered, that sounds nice....if only they would come in and put everything away too.

MJ--when Nicole mentioned to you about going to the gym first thing in the morning I thought about a story I heard one time, Swallow your frog in the morning and the rest of the day is a breeze........wait and you will never get it done......lost alot in tranlation but the story was good

CF--dont you hate it when the treat you waited for lets you down? Popcorn for me always smells so much better than it tastes

Rhonda--hope you get over your cold soon, flush it out with lots of fluids

Mug--great goal on the scale, it controls me too...in fact our battery went out of the 2 month old scale and we just replaced it this weekend, DH could not figure out why it went out already, I did not happen to mention that I get on it in the middle of the night every time I get up along with 2-3 times in the morning....

B- coffee and organic instant oatmeal
L- forgot to pack it
D-potato and kale soup, veggie burger patties in pita bread
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #7  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi again! I really need to focus on work, just can't seem to right now...

Rhonda--Glad you avoided the flu, but hope you get rid of the head cold soon! Congrats on maintaining!

Mug--Looks good!

Redflame--Sorry to hear the drive on Friday was so bad. I agree...I wasn't done w/ Sunday yet, but here we are right in the middle of Monday! It feels SO good to work out in the morning, it just doesn't work for my schedule.

Beverlyjoy--Hope you are doing ok!

Alright, I need to fill up my water bottle and get back to work!!!

Last edited by mj5; 02-16-2009 at 01:25 PM.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #8  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

'ello lovelies. Have been lurking cuz I was sick and not posting much but am feeling a bit betta. So here I am!

b: subway veggie delight, 6 inch on wheat
s: Banana
l: Other half veggie delight 6 inch on wheat
s: apple, peach yogurt
s: lean cusine three cheese chicken
d: 2 eggs, 2 slices bacon, 2 unbuttered slices of double fiber toast

Hope everyone is doing well.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #9  
unabashed

Oh! Also, I reached my mini goal of getting down to 263 before March 9th (my 14 year anniv) and have started a new goal, to have lost 50 lbs by easter when I go home to see my fam, first time since xmas.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #10  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Nicole: Good job on the morning workout. I think it is way cool that you are noticing improvements in your fitness – that is a wonderful payoff for your hard work. Oh, and I am inviting myself over for dinner tonight, OK? Salmon sounds really good! Hope you are off to a strong week with a strong Monday.

CFMama: I didn’t realize you had been sick along with everyone else in your family! Blech. Is Phoenix improving? Full tuxedo-style kudos for staying in control and on plan throughout all of the illnesses. Sorry the popcorn was a disappointment --- what movie did you see? And don’t worry about your weight --- I am confident that you will be in Twoder/TooCoolLand this week! GO MAMA!

MJ5: Yeah, it IS just a number, but it is still frustrating as Heck when it goes the wrong way. But you are 9 days to the good and working hard at the exercise side of things, so you know it is just a matter of time before you see a drop. In the meantime, don’t let those yoga guys beat you up anymore! Threaten to drop a weight on their toes if they pull that stuff again! Oh and Hi again!

Rhonda: Wow, more sick people! We have to stop coughing on our computer screens or something. Glad to head you didn’t pick up the flu yourself, but a head cold is no picnic either. You held the line through it all and that is something to be proud of, But take care of yourself and get well soon --- we need you to beat up MJ5’s yoga dudes.

Mug: If the rest of your week looks as good as the food you lined out today, I think you really are in for a good week. You are down 31 pounds, which sounds pretty impressive from where I am sitting. Work you plan, enjoy your week and I bet the numbers take care of themselves. :

RedFlame: Isn’t it amazing how fast the weeks go by? And I look around and only got done about half of what I intended. Glad you all survived going over the pass --- winter driving is definitely not something I enjoy. And next to a drop-off like that?? Hope your week gets off to a smooth start today!

Lottie: Great to see you back! Sounds like you are beginning to feel some better, I hope? Congratulations on reaching the 263 goal! And way early! 14th anniversary of….? Keep taking care of yourself so we can see more of your shining face around the joint ---- I miss hearing about your adventures.

I stayed on plan over the weekend, including eating a fabulous sea food enchilada for Valentine's Day dinner --- by budgeting calories, I stayed in the groove! I am off to a very slow start today, however --- Mondays always seem to kick my behind.

B: oatmeal, yogurt
S: skipped it
L: salad with WW toast
S: either 1/2 grapefruit or apple
D: funny you should mention that! I really should come up with something....

Everyone have a good day today and let's get off to a strong start for the week. All you sick people (you know who you are, don't try repressing the coughing!) take care of yourselves --- rest! And if anyone is interested, I am having a laundry party at my house today! WHEEE!
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #11  
unabashed

Numina, 14 years I have been with my bf. (No we are not getting married)

haha
Old 02-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #12  
yay! summertime!

That is a long time, Lottie! Congratulations! --- relationships that last take work and commitment .... Ah, the light bulb goes off in my pointy head --- you already have some good hands-on (wink wink nudge nudge) experience in committing to something and you are doing a good job of applying that experience to committing to this weight loss thing. You are going to kick butt on this whole thing, once you get completely over being sick.

Thanks for the info --- it was snoopy of me to ask and gracious of you to explain.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:17 PM   #13  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I'll be back for personals in a bit... get this down right now though.

Tomorrow is day 142 on plan. 1500 calorie cycle day

B- 2/3 cup granola, 1/2 cup skim milk, 3/4 banana
L- 2 eggs, 1 T light mayo, 1/4 cup onions, 2 sl sprouted grain bread, 2 clementines
s- 2 LC wedges, cocktail tomato
D- 1 cup chicken breast, 2 cups lettuce, 1/4 cup snap peas, 5 cucumber slices, 1 T tangerine lime dressing
s- applesauce cup, yogurt
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:56 AM   #14  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Meh, no salmon for me tonight. It and the shaved ham got left off the order. I've checked my print out and checked the print out that came with the groceries, and both the salmon and the ham are on there, so it's not like I've thought I've ordered it and didn't. Just sent an email off to the customer services team asking if those items can be credited against my next order. We're not talking a lot of money here - around $5.50 or so, but still they're items I've paid for and didn't get. The strange thing was they rang me at work to check on a couple of items, and they've never done that before...

So I ended up having a Weightwatchers frozen meal for dinner and it was disappointing. It's been a while since I've had a frozen dinner - at least 5 months or so - and, yeah, I really didn't enjoy it that much at all. Probably not a bad thing...

Anyway, I had a good workout today. My arms are a bit sore after the weights yesterday, but that shows I'm working hard, right? Cardio today - cross trainer, bike and elliptical. I tend to zone out when I'm doing cardio, but I figure as long as my heart rate is up and I'm sweating, then it's going to show results. My weight is up about a pound at the moment. I'm not really that worried about that since TOM is charging in like a wounded bull, but I refuse to give in to the chocolate monster. Once TOM arrives, I'm picking I'll drop a good 3 - 4 pounds that week.

Tammy, how was the movie? Too bad you didn't enjoy the popcorn, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, either. You may not want it the next time you go to the movies...

MJ, the scale will catch up with you! Day 9 on programme - you're doing so well!

Rhonda, awesome job on maintaining through the family's illnesses. That's not always easy!

Mug, go you! With that attitude, you're going to have the most awesome week ever!

Red, I know exactly what you mean! I've found that if I go to the gym after work, I never get there because there's always an excuse. In the morning, there's not a lot of point in going back home since I'd ony just get home and have to turn around and come back to work again.

Lottie, I'm pleased you're feeling better!

Numina, when you're done with the laundry party, do you want to come over and start a party at my place. Remember I have a brand new washing machine that'll help the party along!

The menu today was:

B - crumpets, vegemite

S - boiled egg

S - yoghurt

L - felafel, salad and pita bread

D - WW chicken fetuccine

And I've just got an email back from the supermarket apologizing for the inconvenience and crediting the money back onto my account. Yay for them!

Have fun everyone
Nicole

Last edited by nicolen; 02-17-2009 at 12:56 AM.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:56 AM   #15  
yay! summertime!

Hey, CFMama --- I saw your awesome news on the other thread. CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN! Looks like you are kicking off this week with a vengeance. Hope you and your family are through with all the illnesses.

Nicole --- Oh, no salmon! That sucks! I just hate it when I have my mouth all set for some special food and then life intervenes and snatches it from my hands. Applause to you for finding an OP alternative and sticking with it, even if it wasn't very satisfying. And no, not even for a dance with your new washing machine will I do any extra laundry! For some reason, laundry is one of my least favorite household chores.

Yesterday was kind of mixed up because my kid was home from school and I took him and a buddy to an arcade/laser tag place. I sat and read in a little cafeteria thing for about 4 incredibly boring hours and all I had was some diet pop! While my willpower probably deserves some credit, I think most of the credit goes to the really awful-looking food they were serving. Things should be back to normal here today, however.

B: 2 WW toast with Laughing cow, grapefruit, V8
S: not sure, probably yogurt or a handful of nuts
L: salad with tuna
S: either an apple or some grapes
D: HM vegetable soup, HM bread for the boys

I am going to hit the gym early today --- went last night while son and husband were at karate and it was a total zoo. Also, a friend loaned me a yoga CD so I will be looking at that. I hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday!