Old 01-14-2010, 07:10 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 256/253/199

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackie View Post
I am definitely with you guys on the feet hurting. I want to stop the chub rub and my belly being bigger than my boobies.

Also I am from around the Springs Sugar Junkie!
Ooo, where at?? (I'm not actually in the Springs either, I'm in Pueblo... but hopefully moving further north and west soon.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnGirl View Post
SugarJunkie and Lackie: I am up here in South Denver! Wow, small world!
What a small world!!! (I just love the front range... I moved here 7 years ago from Nebraska and have been in either Springs or Pueblo (for work) and love it.)
SugarJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 250/SeeTracker/150

Height: 5'2''

I moved here two years ago from living in Washington and Idaho... I needed a change and wanted to see what a city was like and moved to Denver without even seeing the city first! Craziest thing I've ever done, but it has worked out GREAT!
RockyMtnGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #318  
Sammy's Mommy

S/C/G: 291.4/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

I got one! Something I will not miss is going into the store and actually finding something you like that is either in your size or looks like it will fit. You get into the dressing room and it goes on fine but then you need the jaws of life to get it off! Does that happen to anyone else? This dress I tried on ended up being way baggy but when I tried to get it off, it was stuck!
orcagrrrl2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #319  

I know what you mean with dresses! You start jumping up and down trying to pull it off, thinking that force may help... always happens in the chest area to me, errr... I hate that!
Old 01-15-2010, 09:36 AM   #320  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Ok, the dress things remind me. One very weird thing about being obese is having to first wiggle the dress up and over the girls before attempting to get it over the head and off!

Yes, that happens to me too!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 238/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I will not miss:
-walking into a room and checking to see if I am the biggest person there - usually I am
- eating holiday dinner with family and seeing the tiny amount of food that my skinny relatives take compared to me. (Seriously turkey dinner the size of a saucer - not happening)
-having a huge wardrobe - but none of it fits me
- weighing more than my husband even though he is 6 inches taller than me
- the plus sized stores and going into Walmart and having to go strait to that section
-the sore inner thighs, the sweaty creases, the chafing
-not being able to cross my legs - whenever I try, it is such a struggle to keep them crossed and it looks totally unnatural
-getting stuck in the middle seat in the back seat of a car and trying desperately to keep my legs together so they don’t flop open and touch the people next to me. Totally exhausting!
-being super snarky about getting my picture taken - I avoid it like the plague.
- my apron belly - it just started about a year ago and it totally freaks me out!!
-peeing myself when I sneeze or laugh or not having the muscles to hold it in when I really have to go - I can’t use the excuse of “after having kids”
-having to sleep on my side because I snore on my back
-getting winded too easily after doing a tiny bit of exercise
--the sore back and the sore legs and feet
-ugly fat girl clothes
-paying more for comfortable shoes
-dreading going home to visit twice a year and hoping to god that nobody comments on my fatness
-losing touch with my high school friends because I wouldn’t want them to see me now

Last edited by northerngirl73; 01-16-2010 at 12:01 PM.
northerngirl73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondrplvr View Post
NO MORE PCOS!
I agree with the PCOS! Man I hate the symptoms and they for sure lower when I am healthier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
Ok, the dress things remind me. One very weird thing about being obese is having to first wiggle the dress up and over the girls before attempting to get it over the head and off!

Yes, that happens to me too!
I hate that with the girls. BAh

I am in the South end of the Springs! Love it down here, it's like small town living with big city opportunities.
Rocky - Whoo hoo! I am heading up to south of Denver today to go to the mall in Lone Tree.
Lackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:28 PM   #323  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Now that I'm single...being afraid to date the guys I want to date....
If I find a guy realllllly attractive, I will NEVER approach him because I think there is no way he'd want a fat chick.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #324  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

I identify with every single thing on this thread...here's one I remember: in winter 2006-2007 and 2007-2008 I didn't have a winter coat that fit. I couldn't find one to fit, Catherine's had run out of 4X-5X probably during the summer when I wasn't thinking about winter coats. So both winters, I commuted to and from work with no coat on. It gets very cold in DC sometimes...but I was too fat to find a coat to fit.

I am not at goal yet but so many of these things are now a faint memory...the horrible foot pain when I would first get out of bed, being covered from waist to knees with active, painful yeast infections that hurt so badly I would cry...having to take baths instead of showers because I was too tired/unbalanced to shower, plus I could never get some parts clean enough...and on and on and on. So much motivation to NEVER go back to where I was.

(And, I can wear nylons or thigh-highs with garters now whenever I darn well please and they look and feel GREAT!!!! )

I wish I could hug everyone who has posted to this thread and tell them how great it is NOT to have to deal with any of this. Do you know what it felt like to get on a plane in December, tighten up the belt and have almost a foot of extra belt left over, and let the little tray down and be able to CROSS MY LEGS underneath it???? There are no words. It is just magical.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:50 PM   #325  

S/C/G: 245 / 185 / 130

Height: 5' 6"

i hear you on the coat issue. I spent a LOT of money on winter coats back in 2007, we're talking fancypants jcrew, thinsulate, blah blah blah. I put it on this winter and felt like tommy boy "fat man in a little jacket...!"

couldn't put my arms normal and at least 3" away from buttoning. GAAH.

in this economy and with my current income, i kinda think it'd be cheaper to lose weight rather than replace the clothing in a larger size!
losingitandlosingitwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #326  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I will not miss:
All my PCOS symptoms
The plus size section/stores
Not being able to shop in stores that don't have a plus size section
Being afraid to go into a store I am unfamiliar with because they may not have a plus size section and they may wonder what the fat girl thinks she's doing there
Getting stuck in clothing while trying it on, having it tear getting it off, and having to pay for something I will never get to wear - it's happened
Women thinking it's ok to flirt with my husband right in front of me - he has to be looking for something better than the fat chick, right?
Worrying what the waitress thinks about what I order
Not going to do things with friends because their plans are too active for me
Having to stop about every 75 miles on a road trip because I have to pee
My double chin
Not having much to wear in the summer because any kind of pants are too hot and if I wear skirts my thighs will be raw from rubbing together, shorts look horrible and so I have to hunt everywhere to find decent looking skorts that will fit me because that's all I can wear in the heat.
The pain in my feet and calves
Blow drying strange places
The inability to shave places I want to shave
Being too tired for even missionary
Staining my shirts
Being terrified of not fitting - chairs, turn-styles, stalls, etc.
Fear of breaking things - chairs, benches, swings, my husband
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:26 AM   #327  

I hate having such a hard time finding cute exercise clothes! If obesity is such a huge problem in America then designers should make cuter exercise clothes in plus sizes... I have to exercise at home since I can't find anything I'm comfortable wearing in public to the gym!
Old 01-29-2010, 11:38 AM   #328  
Cyberpunk

S/C/G: 230/215/100

Height: 5'2"

LOL, I love this thread.

Nthing the off-center shoelaces, boils. BOILS. I HATE BOILS. OUCH!

Last edited by Technosexual; 01-29-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Technosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #329  

Location: Charlotte, NC;--------------------------------------------> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=847659493

S/C/G: 237.6/232.6/150

Height: 5'6''

One of the things I will NOT miss is my back cleavage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahhaha
princesslisa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:41 PM   #330  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHound View Post
Do you know what it felt like to get on a plane in December, tighten up the belt and have almost a foot of extra belt left over, and let the little tray down and be able to CROSS MY LEGS underneath it???? There are no words. It is just magical.
I flew home at Christmas to see my parents, and when I sat in the airplane seat, I had the usual 'oh God, the seat belt' panic, but when I put it on and tightened it, I had SO MUCH belt left over! It was a great feeling indeed.

(OT: Where do you buy your garters? I am looking for a good source in preparation for spring.)
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote