3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   diet coke/pepsi (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/161283-diet-coke-pepsi.html)

Trazey34 01-12-2009 01:18 PM

diet coke/pepsi

something weird i've noticed - well, not weird, it makes perfect sense, but still....

when i've had my slip ups, it's ALWAYS been when I've drinking diet pop - as in drinking it regularly, not once in a blue moon.

When i QUIT drinking it, I didn't snack. When i DO drink it, i need a 'little something' to go with it....

i think that's noteworthy!

Lovely 01-12-2009 01:26 PM

I have the same problem with Diet Sodas... I tend to want to snack along with them. It's probably just an old habit, but if I'm drinking a Diet Coke I suddenly feel the urge to munch on some Cheez-its.

TJFitnessDiva 01-12-2009 02:52 PM

It doesn't do that for me. I am addicted to diet Barq's rootbeer (yes I am admitting that lol) though but limit myself to 2 a day as long as it's looking like I'm going good on regular water for the day. I don't really want to snack more when I'm drinking it but that doesn't say it might not be a trigger for you.

kittycat40 01-12-2009 03:17 PM

ohhh- I am now totally-otally craving diet coke!! luckily it does not have that effect on me. you know what does??-- after dinner evening tea-- gotta have sweets with it

JamieJo 01-12-2009 03:25 PM

I so have that problem with diet coke too!!!!!!!!!!! And I can't stop eating until the diet coke is gone.

JulieJ08 01-12-2009 03:29 PM

I have a similar correlation, but I'm not sure it's cause and effect so much for me, as that Diet Coke is my comfort food. If I'm eating less well, it's because I'm getting a little out of control i my life, very like not just with food. Then I drown my stress in Diet Coke.

rodeogirl 01-12-2009 03:34 PM

I don't associate eating with it but I do find that staying on plan in general works better sans soda of any sort. I pretty much drink water. I do have coffee on some days but generally only a tall nonfat latte or a cup of coffee or two in the morning to get me going.

gina1221 01-12-2009 07:17 PM

Fortunately this is not a problem for me. I usually will have a diet Pepsi or Coke Zero when I'm craving something sweet - but I still have to get my water in. I'm currently sitting here with my bottle of water nearly empty and an unopened Coke Zero... I can have the Coke Zero when the water is empty. :)

kelly315 01-12-2009 08:08 PM

That's so odd. I have the opposite reaction to diet soda.

I drink diet Dr. Pepper like it's water. I probably have five to ten cans a day. A lot of times, when I'm feeling like I want something to eat, a diet Dr. Pepper will stop me.

I'm not sure if it's actually something in the diet coke- it's probably more that your mind associates the pleasure of soda with the pleasure of eating (probably because that's always what you used to do in the past).

Actually, if there is a physical/chemical reason, I'd be really interested to find out more about it, so let me know.

mazza 01-12-2009 08:15 PM

When I drink diet soda, eat sugar free jelly or stuff like that - my sugar craings go through the roof.

Dumplin 01-13-2009 12:33 AM

I have'nt drank any diet soda since July 2008. I believe it really help me in my weight loss but my other bad habits started up the week before Thanksgiving.... eating the wrong food. We took a small vacation with some out-of-town relatives .......we ate out alot.....Thanksgiving came.... over ate .......never got back on track.....Christmas came over ate.........had knee surgery jan 8th .......over ate.....I am so ready to stop overeating and start exercising and today will be the day I .......turn it all back around and focus on me because ......I am worth it!!!!!

Scarlet 01-13-2009 12:53 AM

For me, diet soda is a sweet treat that really satisfies me when I am eating strictily and not allowing any other sweets. I also drink some of the drinks like Sobe lean and Fuze--I just like the flavor and don't find it causes me to eat---I'm really glad for that!

lewelaine 01-13-2009 04:48 AM

I don't trust the contents of diet soda (or any soda..). weird fake chemicals and flavors are weird....and fake.

Your body doesn't want that garbage.

wchs2007 01-13-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarlet (Post 2547751)
For me, diet soda is a sweet treat that really satisfies me when I am eating strictily and not allowing any other sweets. I also drink some of the drinks like Sobe lean and Fuze--I just like the flavor and don't find it causes me to eat---I'm really glad for that!

I am with Scarlet.. I really like the sweet treat it gives me.. So I guess it is my drug of choice. I know it is not good for me but I am not ready to give it up just yet!

170starting 01-13-2009 07:53 AM

I love Diet Dr. Pepper... But it makes me retain water and increases my sugar cravings.... I stick to herbal tea and water... :(