Old 01-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #1  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Default A Fresh Start

I had really great success when I applied myself, stayed 95% OP, journaled and tracked all that I ate, attended my WW meetings, losing 13 lbs in 12 weeks.

Then the holidays came and I found myself slipping back into somwhat old habits (not AS bad as before I started this journey but still....) For me it was having family around more (always a stressors for me) and alcohol, which always lessens my resolve!

I went to my first Weight Watcher's meeting of this year and had official confirmation that I gained back 2 lbs. Definitley a slippery slope. In the past, guilt and frustration would have led me to throwing myself down the staircase in response to stumbling on the top step. It happens that I'm doing WW at Work and have just signed up (and paid for!) the next 12 weeks, so I'm re-committing to being OP.

I read some people's posts and am constantly amazed at those that stay OP without wavering. I am envious and wish that was me. But it is not. I have issues being consistent in most areas of my life. For me the best thing to remember to just keep getting back OP, to not let a slip, or a day, or a holiday season permanently derail my efforts!! 3FC has been such a Godsend for me, wonderful support available 24/7, not just WW meetings for 1 hour 1X a week.

I love this place!

Last edited by Michelle98272; 01-10-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #2  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

You should be grateful and proud of yourself it was just 2 pounds. Way to go on that. And way to go on recommitting.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #3  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Persistence, not perfection.

Stay the course, you will get there in the end.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:58 PM   #4  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

That ROCKS that it was only a 2 lb gain. Especially with stressful family AND booze around. You should be proud of that. Seriously.

And you know that YOUR journey is YOUR journey and no one elses. You can't compare your success to anyone else. I for one, don't have a stressful family and don't drink. So staying on plan for ME was easy. But it was hard for you... and that's OKAY my friend.

You are here to help yourself. We are here to help you. I want to see you succeed and I KNOW that you will

(((mega hugs)))
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote