Old 11-27-2008, 08:48 PM   #1  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Default Thanksgiving Celebration

I think I ate twice as many calories today as any day since I started my plan and that is a huge victory.

My plate was lightly furnished with bits of everything. Instead of a mountain of potatoes I had a small scoop. I did eat an enormous amount of stuffing but it was a lot less than in years past. My idea of "enormous" is much different these days.

I had a double tall eggnog latte from Starbucks for breakfast and some yogurt. My dinner is digesting and I'm having coffee and pie soon. I am full but not stuffed and looking forward to getting back to my normal routine just as much as I looked forward to today's feast.

How did everyone else do with their Thanksgiving plans?
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

I did pretty good! My parents were making beligian waffles for breakfast. So I had half of one. At dinner I had only small portions of stuffing and mashed potatoes, and one piece of cornbread. For dessert I def indulged though. My saving grace was I hopped on the scale Thanksgiving morning fully clothed and was one pound less than I was w/out clothes on Sunday. And I didn't wanna ruin that But I'm up 2lbs from last weeks weigh in today so I need to get my butt in gear to work off that pie!!
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:15 AM   #3  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I think I did well. I ate what I wanted but in moderation. I had one plate, didn't go for seconds... and I didn't even clean my plate! (There was still some mashed potatoes and turkey to spare!) I had a piece of pumpkin pie and cool whip for dessert. Earlier in the day I had a couple pillsbury rolls for breakfast... and lunch was more of a snack: fruit, olives, and raw veggies.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 11:02 AM   #4  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

I had three houses to go to on Thanksgiving...and I did spectacular at the first 2 where the pressure was high to eat. At the last one, the atmosphere was different, and I ended up eating a plate there. Scoop of potatoes, 3oz of turkey, gravy, two butterflake rolls, and two pieces of pie. Looking back... I came out better than I have ever at thanksgiving! My only regret was eating past full because everything tasted so good.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I did okay at Thanksgiving, but DS is home, and I find we are eating higher fat meals (his favs) while he is here. (Some special treats for him...he is very slender and handles food beautifully.)

I know no one is stuffing these in my mouth, and the quantities are right, it is just the frequency of these treats that is not so great.

I'm back on plan though, and he leaves tomorrow!
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm really proud of how I handled thanksgiving. I ate about 1500 calories on thanksgiving itself, and 1600 the day after, both well within my calorie range. Doing great!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #7  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

I did pretty well. I ate more than usual but not to the point where I was uncomfortable. Just so I was on the verge of uncomfortable, and it reminded me of why I don't like to eat too much at once. I was surprised to see that the amount needed to get me to that level was one serving of everything plus an extra scoop of cranberry sauce and an extra celery with the cream cheese substitute that starts with n (can't remember the name). I guess my stomach must be getting smaller?

Overall, a very pleasant day. Since I did most of the cooking, I know that things were prepared in a reasonably healthy way.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:52 PM   #8  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

For me, Thanksgiving is all about stuffing and sweet potatoes. Hubby and I were out of town with his family for the weekend, all of whom are well-padded, if you know what I mean. But I ate moderate amounts at our two Thanksgiving feasts on Thursday, had soup and a quarter sandwich at lunch on Friday, a decent amount of crawfish bisque for dinner that night (OMG!) and breakfast on Saturday plus a moderate lunch on Saturday before we left town. We also had some Thanksgiving food last night on the way home at a friend's house, and this morning I weighed in 1.5 pounds down from last week!!! Woohoo!!
glutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:27 AM   #9  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Congrats Glutio!

I have my official weigh-in tomorrow. I'm hoping for any loss over last monday - we shall see!
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote