Old 11-22-2008, 06:28 PM   #1  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Default Chatting with the girls

I was thinking about how to encourage myself and others when change seems to slow. If I had not changed my eating habits, one year from now I would probably have gained 20+ pounds. If I slightly changed my habits I would weigh the same as I do now. If I keep going the way I have been I can weigh less than I do now.

So I had a conversation with my imaginary next year self and ask her what SHE thought.

The heavier me said "being 20lbs heavier makes walking harder than it already was, pushed me into Adult Onset Diabetes which is a pain in the behind to manage, makes my knees hurt more and cause me to have to buy even bigger clothes." <sigh>

The same me said well you didn't gain so that's good but you still are stuck wearing ugly clothes and you can't ride a horse and you really want to.

The thinner me doesn't say much. She's too busy buying new cute clothes, riding horses and taking dancing lessons to have time to chat.

rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/202/140

Height: 5'0"

You know what? I like that you talk to your potential future selves. Kinda makes you want to go the right path doesn't it? Thank you for sharing!

I'm starting over completely and I haven't seen my future selves, yet. But I'll keep you posted.
jenjen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

You want to take dancing lessons too! I am signing up for an adult ballet class when I reach 150 lbs

PS... both our names are... TAMMY. Is this creepy or what... lol!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:16 PM   #4  
career counselor a-gogo

It's one more thing...

I want to try square dancing because we had to do it in P.E. in like 1979 and it was fun. I just hate the clothes the girls wear in a lot of the square dancing clubs. If they let me wear my black wranglers and a cowboy hat I'll be happy.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:44 PM   #5  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

square dancing is so much fun

Both of my girls are heavily involved in dance (ballet, jazz, song and dance) and I would love to be able to dance with them
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #6  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

I took a ballroom dance class my freshman year in college and it was the best thing ever. There is a small dance company near my house and when I get probably about another 50lbs off or so I think I could do it again. I love watching dance competitions. When ballroom dancing is done right, it looks so graceful and fluid and its like there is no gravity and they just float. Reminds me of everything I am not, LOL.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #7  
career counselor a-gogo

I would also like to check out Ballroom dancing sometime!
Old 11-22-2008, 10:45 PM   #8  
Still Hanging Around:)

My secret (from my family) goal is to start karate when I reach goal. My husband got his blue belt prior to deployment to Iraq. He has a reconstructed back (compressed burst fracture in the lumbar spine), and since he got back from Iraq has had more problems. So he probably won't be able to advance further. My 14 year old daughter has trained since she was 7. She got her black belt at the age of 12.
sakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I would SOOOOOOO love to be able to do the salsa, swing type dances. OMG how fun!!! And wear sexy boots that cover your calf and actually ZIP up I love boots!
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote