Old 11-19-2008, 09:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Rough day

Yeah, it's only 9 a.m. and I'm already calling it a rough day. It's been a long time since I've reacted to stress by wanting to eat, but all I want to do right now is go get something sweet and gooey and chocolatey - and I know it won't make things better. I know it won't help, and I'll feel guilty afterwards and dumb for doing it. I know it won't help and I can't think of anything that will help. I guess I used to believe that it would help, or was willing to convince myself that it would, even if just for a little while. Even though that's no longer true, the old instincts still linger.

I just want to go home and pull the covers over my head and go back to sleep and pretend that the world outside doesn't exist. Not a solution either, I know.

I don't really have anything else to say, but I needed to remind myself that food cannot solve any problems except hunger. Thanks for listening.

Lisa
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

92 pounds lost, that's fantastic! Congratulations!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/158.5/145

Height: 6'1

Girl be strong... when it passes you will be so proud of yourself for not giving in!
macomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Gosh I think that feeling is going around.

Hang in there, it will get better.

When I felt this way 2 days ago (about the wanting gooey chocolate), I made myself a package of instant oatmeal (double fiber cinnamon roll kind, 160 calories), added a tablespoon of cocoa powder (20 calories) and it was enough to help me feel better. Yes, it's still "using" food as a comfort but, well, it was a nourishing choice at least.

Maybe a long hot bubble bath would help you feel better. Anyway please know you're not alone.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:21 AM   #5  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Lisa - old coping mechanisms are still there, even if you don't use them. So don't feel defeated by that.

Hang in there
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Hang in there Lisa. I'm having a year like that - I so totally relate to just wanting the world to go away.

We're here to support you, so feel free to vent if you need to. Anything to keep you away from the chocolate.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:10 PM   #7  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hang in there, be strong and the feeling should pass.
I was the same last night. I made a healthy meal and as we were eating, the kids were talking away and I had them tuned out. All I could think about was donuts. DONUTS! I'm not even a big fan of them but I just couldn't get them out of my mind. I was even planning on stopping to get some on the way to work (I work nights). I had it all planned out....I would leave 10 minutes early so I had enough time to hit the Tim Horton's drive thru....which donuts I would order and how many I could stuff in my face.
Thankfully, after the dishes, bedtime story and getting ready, the desire passed. Just in case though, I took the long way to work...in the opposite direction of the Timmy's!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:24 PM   #8  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Hey, you can go to bed and forget it happened later. At least you have something to look forward to!

Hang in there. This too shall pass.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

As lyn said, I think this is going around. This will pass just like many other times. You are staying strong. Try getting yourself moving. Take a walk (even if its on your lunch break), meditate, grab a bath. IF you need to take a nap, then by all means take one. You aren't alone and we are here for you.

Last edited by S.A.S.H; 11-19-2008 at 04:02 PM.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Sorry you're having a hard day. to you for not giving in to the urge to binge, that would only make you feel worse in the end.
I hope tomorrow is much better!
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:48 PM   #11  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Great job posting first as others have mentioned. Dark times are hard. Last year I had a hard time getting out of bed and spent several weekends in bed (like the whole weekend) it's miserable! I found that getting out of the house really helped - even if it was just to walk to the mailbox.

There have been several studies that have shown that exercise is as effective or more effective for depressive symptoms than medication so if you can stick to your exercise routines or just get up and get moving it might help. The trick is getting started though but you can do it!
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

By the time you read this the terrible awful no good very bad day will be over. However you responded...put it behind you. (Unless of course you did fantastically in which case put it in front of you and remind yourself how well you did and how far you have come.)

This too shall pass.
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:35 AM   #13  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

What a great reminder!!

I needed to remind myself that food cannot solve any problems except hunger
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

You guys are amazing. I know I've said it before, but it's totally true - without 3FC I would have never made it this far. Just being able to talk about what was going on with me helped so much. It helped because I didn't let it fester, but also because getting it out there, admitting it and acknowledging it gave me the ability to make a conscious choice about how I wanted to handle it.

I did stay on plan yesterday, and I'm so glad I did - but not because of the calories, not really. It means so much more that I was able to not respond by eating. It wasn't a great day by any means, but at least I didn't add to the problem.

Lisa
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:14 PM   #15  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

You must be really proud of yourself! Way to go!
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote