Old 11-10-2008, 06:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default Menu/Accountability/Planning - week of Nov. 10 - Nov. 16

Hi folks - Here's a thread to post your daily menu and plan. Some folks like accountability. Here's the place to do any or all of these. Plus - come here for a little extra support too, if you like.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:15 AM   #2  

Hi folks - I had a wonderful visit with my best friend from Michigan the last few days. It was terrific to catch up. Because I am 'resting my foot' we didn't go anywhere - but, it didn't matter. I did, however, eat off my plan - but, I am planning for a healthy day today.

doctor's appointment
get flu shot at Kroger
friend coming over to work on a project

log my food along with calories, fats, sat. fats, protein, carbs etc
water
stretches
ice/heat
meditation
PMA - I'll try

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, peanut butter toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - cabbage soup, toast
snack - tea and yogurt
dinner - turkey sandwich, red pepper strips with dip
snack - cheese toast, apple

I'll be back in a flash for personals.

Have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-10-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:46 AM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! I only have a minute...I need to be getting ready for work, but wanted to pop in quick!

My knee feels SO much better! Between the injection and resting it all weekend, it's good to feel better! Per drs orders, back to the gym today!

I have been doing ok, w/ eating, but I am re-committing (againg) today. I need to get myself back on track w/ exercise and eating--no more playing. I know what I need to do, now I need to do it!

I want to fit into those size 16 jeans hanging in my closet by Christmas!!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Oh, I almost forgot...I am down 1lb this week. Gotta go change my ticker!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:11 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends.

Beverly - so glad you had a great visit with your friend.
MJ - Congratulations on your loss! I'm re-committing today, too. There is absolutely no reason to wait until the New Year, right? No resolutions are necessary because this is how we roll.

I have healthy groceries in the house and am ready to do this again. I have planned for the day which is 1/2 the battle for me. I won't reach Onederland by the end of the year, but that's okay. I haven't gained back everything I've lost, so I'm not starting over 100%.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning accountability chicks! Here I am, ready to get back in the club. I posted my apology/explanation for my disappearance in last week's thread, if anyone is wondering.

Here's today:
B: 1 scrambled egg with Canadian bacon, coffee with milk
S: butternut squash soup, tomato juice, piece of lowfat cheese
L: hummus, sauteed zucchinni, and lowfat cheese on ww wrap, salad
S: skim latte, bean brownie
D: Mexican eggplant, turkey chili
S: yogurt with a sprinkle of granola or skim hot chocolate

Feels good to be back to "normal' life!
Rhonda, sounds like we are in the same boat. I read through last week's thread and saw your happy news. Recommitting to a healthy life is a great way to celebrate!
mj, congrats on the lb and glad your knee is feeling better! I know you will be in those jeans by Christmas. I've got some size 16 LB jeans if you want them!
Beverlyjoy, thanks for always being here whenever I decide to show up! You are the rock of our accountability group.

Have a great Monday accountability chicks. I've missed you ladies!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #6  
mj5

Rhonda--Exactly, who needs New Year's Resolutions?!!!! Good for you for having a plan!

Schmoodle--Yea, you are back too!!! So glad to hear dh will be home soon, that's a long time! Hmm, some more jeans, huh? I may have to take you up on that!

I am really looking forward to getting back to the gym tonight. Did I really just say that?! I know I will feel better--physically and mentally. I may ice my knee before I go, then again as soon as I get home.

Ginger--How is the new job?

Ok, I really need to focus on work!!!

I'll chat more later!
Old 11-10-2008, 03:56 PM   #7  
mj5

Hi again! I am just about to head to the gym, but I wanted to pop in here first to give myself a boost! (Started to get those "old me" thoughts....and had to chase them away!) During my lunch break today I went to Marshall's and bought myself some pretty underwear to match my new bras....can't wait to wear them together!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:14 PM   #8  
mj5

I feel SO good...I did my planned workout, well, I had to cut my cardio (on the bike) a little short--MAJOR knee pain. I forgot to ice before my workout, not sure if that would make a difference or not, but I'll try to remember tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:55 AM   #9  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

mj5- new underwear always feels so nice doesn't it!!!

everyone else... it sounds like we're all on track! yayyy us!

my day was good eating/plan wise and kinda crappy everywhere else. My two year old son is driving me a bit insane... He's just SO TWO. nuff said.

Plan for tomorrow... day 46!

B- yogurt, banana, 1 T peanut butter, 1 piece sprouted grain toast
s- sunrype all fruit bar (no sugar or anything other than fruit!) and 13 vegetable brown rice crackers
L- Indian lentil soup, 3 oz salmon fillet, mixed greens salad with tom's, cukes, shrumes and 1T tuscan dressing
s- mandarin orange and 2 hard boiled eggs
D- tuna melts- 1 whole wheat english muffin, 1/2 can tuna, 2T mayo sauce, 1 cm cheese, 1/4 cup onions, 1/2 cup corn
s- 2 sweet rice cakes, fruit cup
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:37 AM   #10  

Hi Chicks...I had a good sane day with food yesterday. I am so grateful. Today I am concentrating on resting my pieces and parts. My doctor is sending me for more PT - hopefully, it will help and I can avoid the surgery. Time will tell.

Today:
resting my pieces and parts
log food
ice/heat
meditation
stretches
lots of water
PMA - I'll try

breakfast - ff cottage cheese with pear, pnb toast
lunch - turkey and lite cheese sandwich open face, green bean salad
snack - cheese toast, 1/2 banana
dinner - not sure
snack - oatmeal, fruit, milk

cfmama - good job trying on plan! It's frustrating when those two year old's act their age!! Hang in there.

Schmoodle - Welcome Back - sounds like you've been so, so busy. I was hoping you were OK! I am glad that you were able to keep some food sanity during this time. Like you said "a wash is better than a gain". I thought DH was already back. I know you'll all be glad when he returns. Carry on! As for me being a 'rock' of this thread - thanks....I always think of MJ as one of the the "Steady Eddies" of this thread. But, I guess you're right..I am have been a constant here for over a year.

MJ - take care of that knee. (mine's been bothering me too- ugh) Congrats on another pound down. You rock!!! This is awesome. Glad you could get to the gym...don't forget to ice!!!

Rhonda - you've got a great attitude. I am so glad you've made a new committment. Take it a day at a time. I know you CAN do this!

Shout out to everyone else. Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-11-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:10 AM   #11  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends!

Today is on-plan day #2. Yesterday, I did fall under the spell of the leftover egg nog in the fridge, but I'm still calling it an on-plan day as I ate much better than I have been doing. I'm trying very hard to keep a positive frame of mind. I was looking at my weight loss log. On November 12th of last year, I weighed 229.4 pounds. So, I've lost a whopping .2 of a pound this year. Not exactly a stellar performance on my part. But, the year is not over. I have 7 more weeks to do something.

Hope you are having a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:00 AM   #12  
mj5

Hi everyone!

cfmama--Yea for a good day eating/plan wise! I think I forget how nice it feels until I get new ones again!

Beverlyjoy--Good luck w/ the PT, I hope it helps! Thanks for the ice reminder..I just wrote myself a note and stuck it to my computer. Now I won't forget!

Rhonda--Sounds like an OP day to me!

I may have hit a snag w/ the surgery approval/payment. It has been approved by worker's comp, but there is supposed to be some hearing about which type of 'fund' is going to pay for it--a legal formality, basically. But according to the letter I received yesterday, they have 90 days to respond. So, not sure what is up. I am going to call my lawyer and find out what is going on. I may have gotten excited about the approval a little too soon! But, then again, that gives me more time to get closer to goal like I had originally thought I could....

Today my plan is arms/shoulders and cardio at the gym.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 11-12-2008, 01:26 AM   #13  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

GirlyGirlsebas: YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! You could totally lose another 10-15 lbs this year. I'm rooting for ya girly!!!

I had a good day today full of positive thinking Total NSV too! I can... touch my fingers around my wrist!!!! I've also in the last week lost 1 inch off my calves, 1/2 inch off my ankles, 1.5 inch off my thighs and 2 inches off my belly!!!! Gooooooo Tammy!

Menu for tomorrow... Day 47! of being totally on plan
B- yogurt, banana, toast and pb
s- real fruit bar, 13 brown rice crackers
L- mixed greens salad with 1/4 cup peanuts, 1 T tuscan dressing and 1 3 oz salmon fillet
s- apple and two sweet rice cakes
D- chicken quesadilla's with 3/4 cup chicken, 1 cm cheese, 1/4 cup onion, 1/4 cup red pepper, 2 T hot salsa, 1 large ww tortilla
s- 100 cal smart popcorn, peach fruit sauce

Have a great day my friends!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:16 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, wanted to pop in here and get my menu planned for the day before this day gets away from me like yesterday!

B: scrambled egg and Canadian bacon sandwich, coffee with milk
S: butternut squash soup
L; Taco Salad
S: skim hot chocolate, bean brownie
D: cheeseburger, Mexican eggplant
S: yogurt with granola

Have a great hump day everyone! One day soon I will get back to doing personals... Until then, greetings to all and have a great, on-plan day.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:23 AM   #15  

Hi folks....hope you are having a GREAT day.

Yesterday, the foot/ankle pain and stress got to me. I ate extra. Plus - we got the latest numbers in the mail for our retirement 401k. I almost fainted. I feel very stressed.

I am doing the best I can.

Hi schmoodle...glad to see your post.

Rhonda -so glad you've had some OP days. GREAT!

cfmama - LOVE those nsv's. It's wonderful.

mj - I hope you can get this settled with your surgery. Did you hurt your knee at work? Sometimes...these things can be a hassle. Good luck. Hope you iced, friend.

Carry on, friends.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-12-2008 at 08:26 AM.