Old 10-23-2008, 01:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 276/244/160

Height: 5'7

Smile New here and trying to get pregnant while looseing

Hello everyone. My name is Christina. I started the WW flex plan about a month ago. Im looking to meet new friends and learn alot about looseing weight healthly and maintaing. The biggest factor that brought me to this board is that we have been trying to conceive since March 2006 with no success. The doctors cant find anything wrong with me and my husband, just no baby yet. My children from my other marriage came right away, so im really baffled as I was just as big then. Sometime n ext year in 2009 I am thinking about doing IVF or IUI. So looseing weight is my last chance to see if Iget pregnant naturally. I have decided im definat ly a person that needs support along the way and I will be going to WW meetings as well as its VERY hard doing this while suffering with infertility. Anwyways sorry for the long vent. Glad to meet everyone!
downtomygoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:48 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6.5

I had my baby girl in June 07 and have been unsuccessful ever since trying to have another. Also had all the testing done with nothing wrong. Had a doc tell me to get down to a "normal" BMI, which is frustrating because people I know that are bigger then me have no problems. So...I'm also on the loosing weight to have a baby! We also planned a trip for Jan so that keeps the baby making off my mind and more support towards loosing the weight! Good luck and welcome. I'm addicted to this site!
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:58 PM   #3  

Thank you! So your in the same boat as me hu? Funny thing as I was just as big before so I dont get it lol. I know what you mean I see woman around me all the time that are bigger and they have lots of children in tote! Where you going for vacation? I hope you have alot of fun! BTW can I not have a weight loss ticker till I post so much? I tried and it wotn let me. Thanks and nice meeting you!
Old 10-23-2008, 02:05 PM   #4  
Failure is not an option!

S/C/G: 254/205.6/154

Height: 5'6"

Welcome....this is a great place for info and support.
smiles4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

On a positive note, there are quite a few women on this board (still or previously) who lost weight and became pregnant and some of them had been trying for years.

All things being equal with your previous weight when you had kids, then perhaps age is a factor? Don't know, but good luck and have fun trying!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:15 PM   #6  

thank you for the welcome! I did think about age for a factor, but im not so sure. We got pregnant in 2004, but that was a loss. So since trying that was only 2 years before. Im pretty much done trying to figure out what is going on with me and just hopeing to get pregnant. If anything I will be happier and healthier either way. The only thing I know for sure I have is luteal phase defect. Meaning my cycle isnt long enough to sustain a pregnancy. I am not sure if my weight has a factor with that or not. Anyhow like I said im trying to think positive even if I dont get pregnant at least ill be healthy. Its just very hard every month not seeing a positive test and then dealing with your cycle while trying to loose.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #7  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome to the group. You will find lots of support and encouragment here. Good luck with the baby making!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:14 PM   #8  

Thanks that means alot! I love it here already!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 175/168/168

Well, I got pregnant with my last child because of losing weight. I wasn't ovulating because of the increase in fat causing too much estrogen. Funny thing is I only lost a tiny amount and it came back fast, but it was enough to cause ovulation. Just a thought.
Ducttapeissilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #10  

Ducttapeissilver that is awesome! I have thought about that, but I have always ovulated regulary on my own. But like I said if anything either way I will be healthier