Old 01-05-2009, 09:36 PM   #1  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

Question PGX Daily - Anyone else using/heard of it?

I am the FIRST person to poo-poo supplements (hoodia, slimquik, teas etc) that claim to help you lose weight, so I couldn't believe I was trying this product. However, three other women I know have used it with great results and since I researched it a lot, I gave in when it was on sale.

Developed at the University of Toronto, the best way I can describe it is caplets containing a gel that is a type of fiber. This gel can expand to hold 300 times its size in water, stomach fluids, food juices etc. It CLAIMS to reduce the glycemic load of a meal by up to 50% and help regulate blood sugars. You take 1-3 caplets three times a day with meals. I am currently only using one caplet. There is a companion book for it, but I haven't had a chance to look at it. If you enter PBX on YouTube there are a number of videos including the doctors who developed it.

So far I have been taking it for three days and all I can say is that not only am I not hungy, physically I feel like I don't want to put anything else into myself. I am not uncomfortable, just feel comfortably full. I have found I eat much less to reach the "okay I am full now" feeling. I don't know if it has had any effect, and I won't really be able to evaluate it as my TOPS meeting being on Thursday has been cancelled for two weeks. I don't really know if/how much I gained on the holidays, and thus will have lost in this week. I will know better in a couple of weeks.

Anyhow, just wondering if anyone else has read about this, tried it, is thinking of trying it etc. Cheers
mollymom is offline   Reply With Quote