3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Sweat Until Our Clothes Slide Off !!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/134670-sweat-until-our-clothes-slide-off.html)

KimL1214 02-25-2008 04:24 PM

Blah

So I went from success yesterday to having a really hard time today. One of my friends woke me up this morning with a phone call informing me that there was an ambulance at my parents house. I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone at my parents, so I went there to discover that my dads electric chair and walker were both there which meant he hadn't left the house walking. I finally got mom on the cell phone and she had no idea what was wrong with him, just knew something was REALLY wrong. I was at the hospital with them from 8-1 and was just so drained that I had to go home and sleep for a couple hours. They still aren't home and still have no idea what is wrong with him. Dad has been sick with something my whole life, so I feel like I have spent half of my life in the hospital and I just want him to be okay for longer then at least a few months.
Food wise, I had to eat hospital food and was not very good during either meal, having 1 hashbrown, 1 sausage link, about 1/2 a cup of scrambled eggs with ketchup and 16 oz. chocolate milk for breakfast and a tunafish sandwich on rye with about 1/4 cup (very little) tuna mac salad and a salad with fat free ranch (which tasted awful) and too many croutons. I'm going to try reall hard to eat a good dinner, but I'm exhausted, stressed and cranky.
:bomb::headache::bomb::headache::bomb::headache:

mezmerize 02-25-2008 06:26 PM

Kim - I'm senind many healing vibes to you and yours. I don't think I could have been as good as you with your food choices. I'm a hashbrown junkie! If it will bother you I wouldn't weight yourself this week. You could see a small gain from holding water from your meal or you may lose weight because the shock of what you ate. It's hard to tell sometime a boost in calories. (one day) will set your up or down. Maybe you can make some food to take with to the hospital. I hope he's out so you don't have to but just in case.

mezmerize 02-25-2008 06:28 PM

Jen - I can't help but giggle when I see it. Too funny! I've save it in my weight loss folder to give me a laugh. Yea I'm a werid like that. Kudos on your walk. I have a really hard time geting my bum moving. Many congrats!!!

mezmerize 02-25-2008 06:29 PM

Well it looks like surgery for me on Monday. One of the gallstones I have is 1 1/2 inch. It was pretty much of a done deal as far as surgery no thinking about it. So off to the doctor thurday to make sure my heart and lungs et are ok for it. If they do laparoscopic my recover will be quicker since it's only 4 small incisions usually recover time is around 10 days. If they have to open me enough for his hand to get through it's will be 4 days in the hospital and much longer recovery. I was told that the doctor plans on doing it laparoscopic but things may change durning surgery and he will do open surgery. I sure hope not since it will leave a bigger scar and the recovery time. So that is where I sit now. I've have to make a to do list of things I'll need done before Monday. Plus they said shop for the food you plan to eat afterward. I'll try and pop on to answer, support and just be there for you guys. If what I say is short please don't be offended.

stayincalm 02-25-2008 06:33 PM

Cr*p! I came home early from work and was going to skip my 6:00 p.m. Bodypump workout. Now I really think I should go. It is so much easier to go right after work instead of coming home and getting all comfy first.!!!:)

mezmerize 02-25-2008 06:48 PM

Kuhljeanie – Both Aerogardens are the basic ones. (you can buy the accessories for full size plants to work with also) It comes with Gourmet Herb Mix. (Italian and Purple Basil, Parsley, Chives, Cilantro, Mint and Dill.) I bought other seed packs since Target had them on clearance for only 4 dollars. I just started the salad mix with has romaine lettuce I’m not sure what the other mix of lettuce. I found a web site that list what is in it. I’ll have to find the addy. I also bought a box of romaine lettuce and a box of Italian Herb mix which contains mint, basil, savory, parsley, garlic chives, oregano and thyme. WTG on noticing how full you felt! You know I use to just ignore it before I got the beck book. Now I’m so aware of many things and still learning! Quinoa sounds wonderful I’m going to look for it thanks for the tip!

Well it looks like surgery for me on Monday. One of the gallstones I have is 1 1/2 inch. It was pretty much of a done deal as far as surgery no thinking about it. So off to the doctor Thursday to make sure my heart and lungs et are ok for it. If they do laparoscopic my recover will be quicker since it's only 4 small incisions usually recover time is around 10 days. If they have to open me enough for his hand to get through it will be 4 days in the hospital and much longer recovery. I was told that the doctor plans on doing it laparoscopic but things may change during surgery and he will do open surgery. I sure hope not since it will leave a bigger scar and the recovery time. So that is where I sit now. I've have to make a to do list of things I'll need done before Monday. Plus they said shop for the food you plan to eat afterward. I'll try and pop on to answer, support and just be there for you guys. If what I say is short or miss someone please don't be offended.

mezmerize 02-25-2008 06:49 PM

GEEZ sorry I was getting tired of retyping so I copied it to another tread I belong to and whoops did a paste here. LOL A tipical mez moment!

KimL1214 02-25-2008 07:00 PM

Good start...

So today was the first day of my vacation, and as I noted before, it didn't start very weel. They sent Dad home because they're guessing that he has a viral infection, let me emphasize on the GUESSING part. They couldn't find anything wrong in X-Rays or in his cat scan, so according to them, that's what is wrong. They didn't prescribe anything, pain meds, or anything else. My dad does not have a right hip. He's in pain a lot, so the pain killers he already has are just enough to cover what is already wrong with him, not enough to cover stomach pains that a man who could once bend steel bars in half would cry out screaming. I hate hospitals, sorry. I understand a lot of nurses and doctors are overworked and over-stressed, but it's still frustrating!
I get to play nurse tomorrow because Mom has to work, so I plan on doing some grocery shopping before I go to their house. I guess he wants rice and chicken noodle soup tomorrow, and I plan on having a nice salad with a SmartOne of my choice :D
Did good tonight with a salad, some turkey, and some pickeled beets. Trying to catch up on my water, because I'm a little behind.
Thank you Mezmerize for the good vibes! Hopefully Dad is a good patient tomorrow :-P

NESunshine 02-26-2008 10:26 AM

Morning everyone.

Kim I'm sending you my good Mojo. Best Wishes
Mez Good luck with your surgery...good Mojo to you too!

Last night I hit the gym and did 20 minutes on the stairmill (now dubly named the 'instrument of tourture' 70 flights later I hopped on the cybex and did another 30 minutes there. I lifted some weights and did some abs when i got home before calling it a night.

Tired today.

tonight it's all cardio, probably a combo of the elliptical and the treadmill since it's biggest loser night and that's what comes with attached tvs. We are supposed to have crappy weather so if it's bad it'll be the elliptical at home.

fiberlover 02-26-2008 10:46 AM

Mes - good luck with your surgery! At least you are getting it taken care of soon.

Jen415 02-26-2008 11:14 AM

Good luck Mez!!

mezmerize 02-26-2008 01:16 PM

Kim - I'm sorry to hear your father isn't much better. I can understand how it can wear a person. My dad has been really sick for sometime now.(Months) They just figured out he got a paraiste (sp?) from the last time he was in the hospital. Now he's on so many meds added to what he already is taking. He needs an operation but they can't do it til they clear this up. It is really hard to see someone so strong look weak. It is great that your there to look after him I'm sure he finding that a great comfort.

NESunshine - My legs would have turned to noodles I don't think I would have been able to stand for sometime after that workout!! WTG!!

Thanks for the well wishes. I going to try to push myself to walk not like WATP but around the living room. They say it will help. Humm fingers crossed.

fiberlover 02-26-2008 03:05 PM

Today I did Leslie Sansone Walk and Jog, and then just for kicks did 20 minutes of pilates - since I haven't done that for a while.

Also, gearing up for more snow shoveling :tantrum: Argh! Anywhere from 6 to 16 inches predicted - could they have made that a wider range??

mezmerize 02-26-2008 03:12 PM

fiberlover - 20 minutes of pilates just for kicks!! :cp:I sure need a kick somewhere!!:idea: I sure hope we don't get more snow but that is impossible this early. The wind is wild here at the moment no flakes in site. To think when I was a kid I LOVED winter!

mezmerize 02-27-2008 10:42 AM

1 mile WATP Fast Walk