Old 01-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #1  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Default Eeek! We decided what kind of cruise...

So here I am thinking that hubby and I are going on an ALASKAN cruise (think: sweaters and jeans) at the end of May for our 1 year Anniversary...

Turns out that we looked again last night and it seems like we will be more interested in a Mexico/Caribbean cruise instead---- EEEK! Way more pressure now... shorts, tanks, swimsuits!!!!!!!!

Almost 5 full months to go... even if I lose 2 pounds a week that's only 40 pounds... still "FAT" but I guess it's better than what I am now. And at least I can fit into SOME of the summer clothes I have from last year!

::sigh:: Who would have thought that 40 pounds would be a negative thing to think about?

Last edited by BrandNewJen; 01-09-2008 at 01:19 PM.
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #2  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Just think you will be 40lbs smaller than you are now and thats a +
The carribean & mexico is beautiful - been several times.
Stay focused and work hard and you may loose 40 and a lil more.
Good luck and enjoy
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:58 AM   #3  
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

Dont get discouraged! I went to mexico when i was around 225 lbs and all the locals cat called and called me "barbie" and "skinny", Just be proud of the loss you do achieve and strut your stuff!
MangoKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #4  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

We went on a small cruise in September..from Vancouver to LA. There were people from all walks of life in all shapes and sizes.

ENJOY yourself and don't worry too much! 40 pounds is an amazing accomplishment!!!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

We can't wait to live our lives "when". Live now, enjoy!! Eat healthy until your trip - lose what you lose and enjoy every minute!!!

We are taking a trip to New York in June. Yankees game, (ballpark seats), museums (lots of walking). I also hope to be in better health by then!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:19 PM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

40 pounds is not too shabby! And, if you exercise while losing, you might even look like you've lost more than 40. About 12 years ago, I lost 30 pounds and looked like I had lost about 50. I was doing at least an hour of cardio each day and doing some weight training.

I know its hard to do sometimes, but try to enjoy life to the fullest right now. Don't let the weight hold you back. I've let some great times pass me by over the years.....just because I thought I had to wait until I was skinny to enjoy myself. Sad, huh?
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote