Old 11-30-2007, 01:23 AM   #1  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Question Need Your Help!!!

Red Robin.

We have one now. My friends want to go there next month to celebrate my friend Kelly's birthday.

I checked out the menu. Everything looks like it's either fried, or meat, or fried meat. What I would really love is a green salad (spinach, lettuce, peas, green pepper, scallions) with shrimps (naked shrimps) on it with a nice fat free french dressing. Or something halfway healthy.

So what say you? Have you been there? Is there anything decent on the menu? I see there is a Gardenburger but that is my last resort, other than the kiddie meal spaghetti with milk & a side salad.

I cant bow out, I have missed Girls Nite Out 2 months in a row now, and Kelly is cool. She is the one friend who agreed when I gently suggested to the group that maybe we should do something else other than get together & eat once a month.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:40 AM   #2  
I feel fantastic!

S/C/G: 320/ticker/180

Height: 5' 10"

Hmmm girls night out, that sounds too good to miss out on! Red Robin used to have some pretty good salads and even some dieter's plates on their menu as I recall (I haven't been there for awhile though). My favorite used to be their spinach salad, of course these days I'd definitely ask for the dressing on the side so I could control the amount. I think you should be able to find something there that would fit into your plan. Good luck to you and have fun!
Booskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:04 AM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi , I just looked at the menu in my area, and didn't see a healthy choice menu.. Maybe you can ask for a salad and the dressin on the side? or when you ask for a burger, remove the bun and just eat the burger with a side salad?
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:46 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

I LOVE Red Robin... oh goodness... BUT, I've heard, and you may want to call ahead to verify, that you can get a veggie burger subsitute

If you'd rather be even healthier about it, I agree to get a salad with dressing on the side, and just have the burger w/o bun.

Last edited by Lovely; 11-30-2007 at 07:47 AM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

They do have veggie burgers. And I always ask for a salad on the side in place of the fries! I usually don't get the salads there.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:57 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

My choice would be...

A lettuce wrapped garden burger, no mayo with a side salad instead of fries topped with salsa.

I always get the side salad instead of fries and usually get the lettuce wrap instead of the bread.

Last edited by nelie; 11-30-2007 at 09:58 AM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:15 PM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I have started to believe that you can find a healthy choice anywhere. Yesterday for lunch we went to a place where the specialty is fried pickles. Yes, they even deep fry the vegetables. The sandwich I got came with grilled chicken but it also came with bacon, cheese & BBQ sauce - but mine came plain with no side. I ordered some mayo on the side.

Yes, I paid 8.00 for a chicken sandwich, but it kept me on track!

Last edited by Sandi; 11-30-2007 at 12:21 PM.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

They used to have a veggie rice bowl and a guilt-free chicken burger, but I don't know if that's current. They also had an oriental chicken salad that wasn't as bad as some of their stuff, but still not as good as the first two items I mentioned.

Good luck! Be sure to ask for what you want if you don't see it on the menu. They may be receptive to cobbling something together for you. And have fun with your friends!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 328/see ticker/199

Height: 5-8

I always get the ensanada plater which is two grilled chicken breasts and a salad on the same plate. It is great and I usually ask for the baha ranch dressing for the salad. It comes with a ranch dipping sauce for the chicken and salsa in cute little bowls. Don't eat the bowls! Then I take one of the chicken breasts home for lunch the next day.
RedHeadLongLegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:58 PM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I almost went to Red Robin today for their lettuce wrapped veggie burger... mmm lettuce wrap.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote