Old 10-28-2007, 03:42 PM   #1  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Default Curves Scale questions?

So in Febuary, my mom bought me one of the Curves scales. I lost the directions to it. I'm just wondering what the stuff is that comes up after my weight.

I figured some of it, if you can help, it'd be great:
f=49.2% I am guessing fat on my body?
cal=3435 Calories I am burning?
M=29.6% Muscle maybe?
w=40.3% Water weight?
b=I forgot the number here. I actually forgot what the letter was until I remember thinking, boooobs? I think it is b at least.

Any help?
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:55 PM   #2  
Believe

Height: 5'7"

Don't you just hate getting a new toy and then losing the instructions???!!!! Hopefully someone at 3FC's has that scale and will be able to help you out. I do remember looking at it when I was looking for a new bath scale and from what I remember it also measures your bone mass and hydration level along with weight and body fat.

Good luck!!
melsfolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:05 PM   #3  
Hooping my Life Away

Maybe it's bone mass. But I think that the number was 5. Cause I was like my boobs weigh 5 pounds?
Old 10-28-2007, 08:10 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Boobs! C'mon, you know that's not what it is!

Perhaps it has something to do with bone mass, but I highly doubt that those numbers have any real meaning. Most things like body fat percent, bone mass, muscle mass require more elaborate measurement than a scale can give.

I hope someone with a Curves scale will enlighten us.... in the meantime, keep looking for those directions....

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 10-28-2007 at 08:13 PM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:15 PM   #5  
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
Boobs! C'mon, you know that's not what it is!

There is no scale that will measure bone density--at least, not as far as I know...

I hope someone with a Curves scale will enlighten us.... in the meantime, keep looking for those directions....
I know it's not the answer. But I can only think about the times when I tell my mom, "You know, if I didn't have boobs, I'm sure it'd knock off a good 5-10 pounds." Lol. But I was pretty pleased with myself for being in a joking mood on the scale.

I honestly am sure they don't exist anymore. I got the scale in Febuary. Only touched it once or twice. Then, I moved quickly. That's between all the oppurtunities it had to be thrown away. *bangs head on wall*
Old 10-28-2007, 08:18 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Jay, technically I think it could be derived.

Most likely you have a BF% scale that works by shooting a small electrical current up through your feet, right? So it measures the amount of time it takes for that small amt of current to go through you and hit the scale again. The amount of time it takes can determine the ratios of certain types of substances in your body.

Mine doesn't distinguish bone and muscle, though, since they are both "lean body mass". It gives me a % BF and a % Water. The remaining is % lean body mass. But it does work!

According to an Ebay listing for a similar Curves scale, the numbers are bone mass, weight, body fat, and hydration, but I see nothing about calories.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:18 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Oh no, are we bringing back the "what do boobs weigh?" thread?
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:46 PM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Daimere, I edited my post, but you'd already copied it. I looked it up on the internet, and some scales do say they give a bone mass reading.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:59 PM   #9  
Hooping my Life Away

I reread your post and yes, I agree, I'm not going to relay on these but I'm just curious. I usually don't even stay on the scale long enough to see the numbers. I guess with the shock of loosing when I wasn't eating right I stood on too long.
Quote:
Most likely you have a BF% scale that works by shooting a small electrical current up through your feet, right? So it measures the amount of time it takes for that small amt of current to go through you and hit the scale again. The amount of time it takes can determine the ratios of certain types of substances in your body.
I really do not know. I do remember I get wrong readings if I wear socks. I know my first time I stepped on it, it said 175. HAHA. Socks could have been preventing the current, I guess. After that, it still gave me wrong readings until I went to tile surface and that's when it was accurate(and I weighed far more than I wanted).